Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hinrichs Mk4 Tdi...it has how many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
    Looking good. Skirts will looks awesome when painted.

Did u clean the gearbox while you are there ?
    Did a minor clean, but I have a coolant leak thats dripping on it, so I will try and really clean it after I fix that problem. It was a cold week ( 30*) so I didnt want to get out the hose and pressure washer for it.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      Did a minor clean, but I have a coolant leak thats dripping on it, so I will try and really clean it after I fix that problem. It was a cold week ( 30*) so I didnt want to get out the hose and pressure washer for it.
      Sounds logical. Never mind my detailing craziness

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

So lets play catch up to the fun that I had after the clutch was all together.

First I decided to get a new alignment since I threw in new tie rods. Figured why not do them while the trans was out and there was room. One side was not in bad shape at all but I feel like it was a good $65 investment into the car. Anyway I took it back to Mavis for the free check and fix, but it didnt fit on their rack anymore. It was close before. Took it to the other much further away shop a few days later and started to have a major issue on the way down. The clutch line started to leak and was not holding pressure anymore. I limped it to the shop, they did the alignment thankfully, and limed it to my friends house down the road. We pulled the slave, threw in another with a new o-ring. No luck. Stock back in and bleed, kinda held. I got the car home, it sat till a new slave and line came in. Easy fix. Works like a charm and was a lot less than a new oem hose.

IMG-5043 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I decided to finally put on the oem euro front rubstrip that has been waiting. I went with plasti dip for now. I wanted to see what the car looked like with texture. To me its a more "euro" look which pairs well with the basic tdi. I found some new plastic/tape combo which made this so easy.

IMG-5009 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-5010 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Turned out good I think. I have some clean up to do on the door strips, and I may even re dip them eventually.

66069335279--A4C76B0D-1A7F-4DF6-96A4-4D838FE7CC0A by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-5011 by minthinrich, on Flickr

The skirts are still off since I need to make up a better mount along the body. I kept hitting it with my heel and didnt want to break them. I also kind of want oem to be honest.

Next up I found some wheels I always wanted for a very good price. Corvette C4 Anniversary in 17x9.5. Tires are also basically new with 500ish miles.

IMG-5039 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got home. Immediately had to test fit them. First issue. Just a little extra pad backing plate. Easy fix with the die grinder.

IMG-5042 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Wheels are spray bombed white, which I honestly dont **** right now. I will do something fun with them over the winter when I get bored.

IMG-5049 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Another problem was the front wheels would not clear the strut body itself. I also had to ditch the helper springs and wind up the perches. I can now go a little lower as well. Anyway the adapters ordered were 31mm and 38mm. The guy mentioned the front poked a lot, which I didnt think about at the time. Anyway he was using the 38 up front which cleared, and the 31mm in the back. If I was going to order new adapters which I dont want to spend the money on I would get 36mm and 40mm. I ended up using a slip on 5x120.65 5mm spacer which I might drop down to a 3mm. Good thing I can share these with the corvette lol.

IMG-5051 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Anyway enough rambling on. Here is the pics from last night when I had them on finally. I will get some real shots today after a test drive. If I could add a touch of camber up front they would be perfect I think. Or a smaller tire up front.

IMG-5053 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-5054 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

OG, triple OG.

Loving the attention to the detail. The license frame and wheels tug at my heart strings.

Also.. want to do chains and clutch on my MK4? :p

Comment

Originally posted by PSU View Post
            OG, triple OG.

Loving the attention to the detail. The license frame and wheels tug at my heart strings.

Also.. want to do chains and clutch on my MK4? :p
            I will run the plate frame till it falls apart on every one of my cars. I am deff going for another throwback vibe with this one. I will send you a mesage about the work.

So I needed a new driver fender after rolling them due to rust at the bottom. Ran out to Lenker Volkswagen Collection to check out their TDI collection and grab the fender. Stopped along the way at my old jeep stomping ground.

IMG-5107 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I want to come back here when its open again with the wife. Sure looked cool

IMG-5108 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also ended up finally finding a OEM 4-motion lip. I need to get better pics but I am so happy with it. I did order a reiger rep which I might still run eventually.

IMG-5114 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also another big moment. Getting closer to 350k. I am going to do a timing belt once that happens.

IMG-5117 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Corvette wheels are off for now till I get new front adapters. I didnt trust the slip on combo up front enough.
            Last edited by hinrichs; 01-03-2022, 08:32 AM.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

This is such a nice build. OEM+ with a bit OG.

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
                This is such a nice build. OEM+ with a bit OG.
                Exactly what I am going for. I wish the body was in better shape, but theres only really one bad dent.

So I decided to order some tires finally for the brocks. They showed up in a day, and my friend down the road got them mounted up right away on a sunday. I threw them on immediately. I still want to play with the fitment, but I am very happy with them.

66291497590--8DD8BE70-58E6-4532-AEA9-F0EAC120E642 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                IMG-5150 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Since I am a nerd, and had the perfect opportunity.

IMG-5160 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also took off the roof rack for the time being. We are expecting snow anyway and if the car is outside I didnt want to deal with the rack and cleaning it off. Walking out this morning to the shop and seeing it, I really like the car now.

IMG-5162 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Debating with myself to get air or not. If I do itll be a older style setup with parts I have around for the management.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Well I made the decision. Found a setup used locally for a good deal. I was originally going to run to Pittsburg on sunday (8 hr round trip) for a low mile set of struts and no management for 1k. I got this setup for $500 more and had to drive 10 min away. Hard to beat.

IMG-5178 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  IMG-5179 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Last edited by hinrichs; 01-07-2022, 09:57 AM.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Gonna look sick .

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

So the air install has been one of my longest so far. Main issues are I am being way over critical of my work so I have had a hard time making up my mind. Also a few parts delays and family work has pushed it back. Lets do some catch up.

So my first problem was deciding where to put the management. I love the oem rubber liner, so that was the first hurdle to get past. I tired out these options as an idea.

664123 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-5228 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I would have just make a slight riser and put everything on top and exposed, but then I loose the sub or it goes somewhere stupid. I like my bass.....sorry. Anyway I did not really like either setup, and figured if I loose the spare, I can hide everything underneath without raising the floor. I made a template and did a test fit which I was happy with. Honestly I don't understand why I didn't do this same thing years ago with my old GLI. I made so many trunk setups and never anything clean like this.

IMG-5231 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      66421 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Decided to sell the 450c compressors to a good friend who could use them, and order a new set of 444 in black. I plan to paint the tank in the spring black as well so it should look good with the carpeted panel. Amazon lost the first set, so 1 day turned into 1 week on the compressors delaying all of this.

IMG-5270 by minthinrich, on Flickr

As mentioned it all fits perfect under the stock trunk cover thing. I plan to do something with the sub in time, but not sure yet.

66429 by minthinrich, on Flickr

To run all the wiring, and clean up some other wires I ran I pulled the grey carpet to swap the black one in finally. It was gross on the padding, but I will deal with that once its warm again.

665081 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-5278 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I should be starting on the struts, notch, trans swap, and ball joints this week.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Still slacking on the air install, ran into issues with the front upper mounts. Ended up ordering new plates which is pushing the install.

Anyway the Jetta got a new diesel sibling at the house.

IMG-5349 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Just one for now.

IMG-5433 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

YASSS!! love the look bagged, anyway to get lower? the black molding looks good, some nice fender to lip fitment would set this off!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                              YASSS!! love the look bagged, anyway to get lower? the black molding looks good, some nice fender to lip fitment would set this off!
                              I now wish I didnt get a 45 series tire all around, but I would like it to lay out. Front I can either get bent tie rods, or do a small notch to get it down the last little bit. The rear I may trim the upper bag mount but not sure how much I will really gain there. Easiest would be to get the drop camber plates but not sure on those yet. Mainly worried about needing a high rear bag pressure to lift enough.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                                Front I can either get bent tie rods, or do a small notch to get it down the last little bit.
                                Could always go for R32/TT front hubs to get the front down a little more! Couple degrees of camber from the arms that go with the hubs too.
                                Gruz

Comment

Working...
                                X