Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hinrichs Mk4 Tdi...it has how many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will find where you live. And come remove those mud flaps off the car. Then I will get back in the plane to Greece.

That's a promise.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
      I will find where you live. And come remove those mud flaps off the car. Then I will get back in the plane to Greece.

That's a promise.
      Hahahah. I know they are terrible. Once I decide on what skirts I want to run, they will come off.

Anyway I got a surprise order delivered earlier than I expected. I could have waited and found one locally, and a thule one was just posted for super cheap but I am a sucker for OEM accessories.

IMG-4704 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Box was kinda damaged. Worried parts would be missing. Got lucky and wrapped up well. Immediately threw it on the car.

IMG-4707 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      IMG-4700 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I love this . Looks very smart and OEM+

Comment

Next up was a new tune from Kerma Tdi. I cant really tell any difference, but I need to get nozzles on order to really wake up the car. Flash loader thing was cool to use tho.

IMG-4715 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Not sure what map sensor I had, so I ordered a new one and of course didnt need the $12 adapter. Oh well

IMG-4714 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Threw on my friends black GLI lip to see what it would look and sit like. I still want a 4 motion lip...just cant find one.

65714390635--475A7403-2814-4C78-BA27-07BE85DD3609 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Some minor updates. Lets see what has been going on recently.

First all just a random trip to the pagoda to check out the new road work. Threw on the basket in prep for getting an xmas tree with the wife soon.

IMG-4725 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Finally caved in to fill the car up. I went 515 miles on 12.3 gal. Deff happy with the miles and I will push it further next time. Of course had to get some terrible pumping gas pics.

IMG-4731 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            IMG-4733 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next on some mods. This one really bothered me and I wish it didn't. Now admittedly the ALH Tdi motor really isn't anything special to look at. It is just even worse missing the engine cover.

IMG-4750 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I snagged an oem cover off ebay. I wish I picked another one but oh well it wasnt too bad. I stripped off the silver which I will repaint someday as that is what was oem I think. Also added a push on mounting retrofit kit from ecs. All oem parts make me happy. Just looks so much better now. I did get a new battery box cover but I dont have the correct size battery tray yet.

IMG-4749 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            65748432492--C6062928-6FAC-44EE-AAC2-11CED9C5FF48 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              Some minor updates. Lets see what has been going on recently.

Man this is starting to look really OEM+ post by post. keep it up . The lip looked really nice. And the engine cover smartens up all the tdi engines, which dont look nice without them to be honest. Ask me how i know.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Man this is starting to look really OEM+ post by post. keep it up . The lip looked really nice. And the engine cover smartens up all the tdi engines, which dont look nice without them to be honest. Ask me how i know.

Cheers

Mike
                Your going to be happy to know the skirts came, so the mudflaps are gone.

Next up was starting to swap out parts of the tan interior. I ended up getting some spare door cards, which I stripped to try something slightly different. I kind of like it, kind of **** them. It does remind me of my b5 s4 tho. Anyway I ended up painting a lot of parts and it turned out great for what I spent. I need to get some real pics once I get a black carpet.

65774929486--221077F9-DE8C-46E5-96AF-D7EFB5A60AAA by minthinrich, on Flickr
                IMG-4767 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                65772833351--BBC51030-1691-4557-833A-0C78EEC41471 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also decided it was finally time to throw the wheels on and see what it really looks like. I really need to make up my mind on tires sizes and get them on order so I can enjoy this setup. Currently on 205/40 and 205/50.

65818803770--5B794B14-E6C0-41E7-8C85-64C57FE53E03 by minthinrich, on Flickr

10mm spacers all around makes for damn near perfect fitment

65818806140--74E19F69-0693-45CF-857A-1665CD96E019 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                65818807744--57233CB4-5DD1-4C9D-B96C-75EA68B9AEF2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                  Your going to be happy to know the skirts came, so the mudflaps are gone.
                  Looks so much better now Coming along nicely. The fitment looks like it is coming great. Just make sure u have no travel at the back, otherwise it will destroy the paint. Maybe needs a tad lower on profile number for daily use, rather than more negative camber.

Comment

I didn't know you had this!

BROCKS BROCKS BROCKS BROCKS

I kinda like the chunky tires tbh.

Also, I was just thinking yesterday about how I want a TDI. Looks like you've made a lot of progress, nice man.
                    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Looks so much better now Coming along nicely. The fitment looks like it is coming great. Just make sure u have no travel at the back, otherwise it will destroy the paint. Maybe needs a tad lower on profile number for daily use, rather than more negative camber.
                      Without the 10mm spacers It sits just about flush which is probably how I will run it. These tires are kind of a stupid size that are mounted now. I am thinking a 205/45 up front and 225/45 out back.

Originally posted by rightfullrudder View Post
                      I didn't know you had this!

BROCKS BROCKS BROCKS BROCKS

I kinda like the chunky tires tbh.

Also, I was just thinking yesterday about how I want a TDI. Looks like you've made a lot of progress, nice man.
                      Outside of here I really dont post anything about it. I highly recommend getting one, they are fun in a different way. Once I get tires the brocks will be on. The chunky rears look great but the fronts are way small right now. If I had air id keep the sizes. I think a 205/45 and 225/45 will look okay, but nervous with the big width difference.

Next up was something I noticed the other day. A lot of the body plugs were rotted away or missing. 18 year old rubber makes sense I guess. Glad they were only $1.89 ea for oem. Ordered up a few to replace. A few fit a little off due to slight dents so I seam sealed them in just incase. This car is very clean underneath.

IMG-4831 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-4832 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-4833 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also test fit the skirts the other day. I need to stop being lazy and get them painted and mounted. Fit is like 75% good. Kinda wish I waited for oem but whatever.

IMG-4799 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Ordered up a hybrid pan for the clutch swap day. Figure itll be easy to swap the pan when its all pulled apart. This car isnt really low...but this is just insurance for the future.

65833003618--41870D0B-1017-4071-937F-008BFD4BBFAF by minthinrich, on Flickr

Yesterday was slow at work so I ended up getting the new injectors swapped in. The ones in the car were the stock 90hp nozzles with unknown miles on them. I went with DLC 764 which should be a nice bump in power.

IMG-4836 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-4850 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      IMG-4838 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Got the skirts painted over the weekend. I am going to try and get them on the car today.

IMG-4874 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yaaaay

Comment

Hell yeah!
                            IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

So I only took this one picture so far of the skirts installed. I will get some when the car is back together. I have a lot of adjusting to do, and making some better mounts but they look half decent.

IMG-4885 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Yesterday I decided it was time to finally swap the clutch. I ordered a Sachs VR6 upgrade which should be good with the new nozzles. The current clutch wasn't slipping, but I just wanted to be sure. The trans is filthy from the coolant leak.

65992116373--761B1AFC-794C-4A11-8893-C88B82F0EAA1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              IMG-4931 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Threw on the hybrid oil pan and new rear main seal. Also found the car has an ECS Flywheel.

IMG-4947 (1) by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              IMG-4957 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I am waiting on a few more parts that I forgot to order, and I have a friend coming over tomorrow to get the trans back in since I dont have a trans jack yet.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Looking good. Skirts will looks awesome when painted.

Did u clean the gearbox while you are there ?

Comment

Working...
                                X