Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hinrichs Mk4 Tdi...it has how many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought about doing all that, but honestly dont want to spend what it will cost for that. Right now I have a really bad leak in the one front strut that I cant track down which has been a major bummer. Honestly thinking about pulling the air all together and just going back to coils.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      Thought about doing all that, but honestly dont want to spend what it will cost for that. Right now I have a really bad leak in the one front strut that I cant track down which has been a major bummer. Honestly thinking about pulling the air all together and just going back to coils.
      I'd say go for it. Nothing to worry, more trunk space, and with a decent ride height, totally usable and good looking at all times.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Wow its been a long time since I updated this one. With race season over, I guess its time to recap and get current.

Few details on the air I never posted. Came up with a good spot for the controller so its hidden 99% of the time which makes me happy. Also thought to finally label which ports are for what. Really happy with my hidden trunk setup.

IMG-5296 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-5398 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        airtrunk by minthinrich, on Flickr

Enjoyed the air for a while, then got tired of dealing with a front strut leak so I threw the coils back on for a while. Results below. I think it ended up a little lower but not much.

IMG-5871 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got into 3d printing in FDM, but had my friend make me a usb adapter for the dash on his resin setup. OEM+ look for the win.

67985470393--D96D5FCE-22AE-4D29-AB2C-00041ECD0982 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also ended up grabbing a new battery cover, and used tray for a smaller battery. Have yet to actually run it since I have a larger battery but once I figure out if I can go smaller (2 sizes listed factory for the diesel) I might try it. Sucks cuz it looks so good. Also threw on the period correct nuespeed intake. I would be really curious if it actually hurt the mpg at all, but I can kind of hear my turbo sometimes now so thats cool I guess.

IMG-5831 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Last edited by hinrichs; 09-29-2022, 06:27 AM.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Got bored one day and threw the air back on. It was show season after all. Took it to Loe' Show in pottstown but didnt think to register so parked far away.

IMG-6586 by minthinrich, on Flickr

In prep for the last show of the season outside of some meets I may try and hit I ran down to One Love Auto Group to grab a set of stubby mirrors. I missed out on a black set a few months ago, but these popped up in Jazz Blue. You can see the bases were a little faded and beat up.

IMG-6694 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did not really plan on buying the mirrors, but another step closer to having my old Gli again in mods. Decided to pull them apart and get them on the car. Sprayed the bases with Dupli-color bumper coating which worked perfectly.

IMG-0008 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Decided to spray the mirrors with dip for now until I have time to order paint to match the silver. The dip laid out perfectly and matches all the trim on the car so it goes well together I think. If I could have easily matched the Jazz Blue I thought about spraying the wheels for a porsche kinda vibe but black dip is cheap and easy.

mirrorpaint by minthinrich, on Flickr

Let everything dry. Mounted up on both sides and I forgot how good they can look on a car. Sure to be correct I should only have the one side (sorry its been a while I forget which is which). Anyway I had the same setup years ago on my old Gli like I mentioned. Crazy to think when I bought that set all the parts were brand new in box.

IMG-0014 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          IMG-0015 by minthinrich, on Flickr

In final prep for the show I need to redo some interior pieces and I want to redo the headliner and pillars. Expect to see more pics soon.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Of course skipped the last show of the year per usual for me anymore. If I would have read you can leave if needed...I didnt want to be there from 9:30-4....I would have been fine. Oh well maybe next year.

Anyway still waiting on my euro trunk, hopefully that comes in soon. Air was pulled off and will be for sale soon. I may keep the management for the new car, but still on the fence on what direction I want to really go.

Some pics of the new daily since diesel is expensive and the jetta is sitting for a little.

IMG-0356 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            IMG-0370 (1) by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

^^^ I love this platform. Very excited to see what you do with it aesthetically wise. Performance wise it is fast and it can only get faster. I know that much.

Cheers, and hope you enjoy it mate

Mike

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Working...
              X