Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these polishable? - Bite marks on Style 19 lips

Hello all,

I recently purchased a set of style 19s from someone local to me for pretty cheap. I am rebuilding them and will try to polish out the lips. However there appears to be some bite marks left in the outer lips as if someone mounted tires backwards.

I wanted to get your opinions on whether you think they be able to be sanded back. I am planning to start with a 80 grit sanding block to remove the high spots, there are plenty of them, then move up to 160, 240, 400 etc. 2000 wet sand and polish.

If they are not polishable then i have another route i plan to go, but i want to try this first.

The picture below is of the worst of the set. you can see there are several sets of bite mark indentations in the lips that i want to try and sand back, but if its a lost cause and i should just use filler and get them painted then i wont even attempt.

Thanks in advance for the help/advice.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JatdwxrjPrXj3KeL9

You will probably be able to reduce them but fully polishing them out will be tricky. I think you would need to remove so much material that it creates a lowspot in your lip
    Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
      You will probably be able to reduce them but fully polishing them out will be tricky. I think you would need to remove so much material that it creates a lowspot in your lip

Thanks, yea I have a feeling you're right. I feel like I'd have to evenly take off the same amount all the way around the lip to not have that lowspot. I might still give it a try and see what happens, otherwise I'll just do my best and get them painted. If I can't polish thats my only option.

Comment

Working...
      X