Thread: Mike's New Project - 1981 Ferrari 308 GTBi

Default Mike's New Project - 1981 Ferrari 308 GTBi

So I'm sure everyone on here has seen, but I figured I'd also post it up here just to get that good SEO kinda situation and more people aware, but Mike has a new build going on on the StanceWorks YouTube channel that I hope everyone has subscribed to by now!

I figure starting a thread about this over here gives us an opportunity to comment about this project here, perhaps give some ideas from this community that won't be lost in the sauce in the YouTube comments.
    And perhaps, if there is traction, maybe even one Mike might jump on and occasionally chat with us about the project!

So first up, I wanna hear about everyones first thoughts on the project after watching the announcement video above.
    Obviously we're a few episodes ahead, but never late then never to start this!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    I figure starting a thread about this over here gives us an opportunity to comment about this project here, perhaps give some ideas from this community that won't be lost in the sauce in the YouTube comments.
    I was thinking this aswell, it would be good if this got some kind of thread on the forum.

I'm only 2 videos in, and I already love this. Great editing, very good commentary and just an intresting project.
    Being spoiled by instagram posts (damn you social media!!) I kinda know what will happen before seeing everything.
    Cant wait to see what will happen with the bodywork though
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Thanks for sharing this, Seb! It's pretty silly that I didn't start a thread myself... but, hey, I'll take it! I'm excited to have my forum homies along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Yezzz View Post
    I was thinking this aswell, it would be good if this got some kind of thread on the forum.

I'm only 2 videos in, and I already love this. Great editing, very good commentary and just an intresting project.
    Being spoiled by instagram posts (damn you social media!!) I kinda know what will happen before seeing everything.
    Cant wait to see what will happen with the bodywork though
    It's a seriously interesting project and it's time you binge watched and got up to date!
    The body work changes will be extremely interesting to see unfold, but right now the attention to detail in just getting the K24 to fit appropriately and line up with the axles is quite a nice first part to the build.

Mike is doing a great job documenting and explaining exactly what is occurring and way. It's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Burroughs View Post
    Thanks for sharing this, Seb! It's pretty silly that I didn't start a thread myself... but, hey, I'll take it! I'm excited to have my forum homies along for the ride.
    It's all good, the forums are mainly just filled with those trying to hold onto what was ten years ago (myself included) and a lot of time is spent elsewhere on the internet these days, so making a thread for some form of discussion outside YouTube was something I wanted to provide!

Also, I'd 9000% join a patreon to support the build and SW that little bit more.
    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
    there there.

The latest episode this morning was a huge step towards getting the engine in the right position.
    I'm genuinely interested to see how deep Mike goes into explaining the intricacies of suspension design, he already mentioned that having the pick up points stay on the same plane that the suspension geometry doesn't change.

I am also really curious how the engine mounts will come out as well. My guess is that with the extra cutting of that frame rail, there may need to be another rail made?
    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
    there there.

Binge watching commenced.
    IG: wade_rees_
    BMW 320i E30 turbo

Highly recommended man, it's a good watch so far!
    I'm also really looking forward to the content with the Apache as well.

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on wheel choices!
    My want is some BBS e88's with some sticky tires, but unsure which direction Mike will go wheel wise.

My guess is something JDM inspired to annoy people aha
    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
    there there.

Fabrication has started in the latest video, exciting step forward! Looking forward to more Burrough & Build as wickedweiss said
    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
    there there.

Not gonna lie, Im a bit saddend by the fact that the pop-ups need to go.
    Not only because I love pop-ups. But also because almost al non pop-up replacement that fit in the original place look goofy.

Very curious how they will look, hope Mike changes my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

You're not wrong, I do think that the pop-up situation will be very interesting... I'm hopeful for some flachbau style headlights tbh
    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
    there there.