Mike's New Project - 1981 Ferrari 308 GTBi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike's New Project - 1981 Ferrari 308 GTBi

So I'm sure everyone on here has seen, but I figured I'd also post it up here just to get that good SEO kinda situation and more people aware, but Mike has a new build going on on the StanceWorks YouTube channel that I hope everyone has subscribed to by now!

I figure starting a thread about this over here gives us an opportunity to comment about this project here, perhaps give some ideas from this community that won't be lost in the sauce in the YouTube comments.
    And perhaps, if there is traction, maybe even one Mike might jump on and occasionally chat with us about the project!

So first up, I wanna hear about everyones first thoughts on the project after watching the announcement video above.
    Obviously we're a few episodes ahead, but never late then never to start this!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
    I figure starting a thread about this over here gives us an opportunity to comment about this project here, perhaps give some ideas from this community that won't be lost in the sauce in the YouTube comments.
    I was thinking this aswell, it would be good if this got some kind of thread on the forum.

I'm only 2 videos in, and I already love this. Great editing, very good commentary and just an intresting project.
    Being spoiled by instagram posts (damn you social media!!) I kinda know what will happen before seeing everything.
    Cant wait to see what will happen with the bodywork though
    Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, Seb! It's pretty silly that I didn't start a thread myself... but, hey, I'll take it! I'm excited to have my forum homies along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Yezzz View Post
        I was thinking this aswell, it would be good if this got some kind of thread on the forum.

I'm only 2 videos in, and I already love this. Great editing, very good commentary and just an intresting project.
        Being spoiled by instagram posts (damn you social media!!) I kinda know what will happen before seeing everything.
        Cant wait to see what will happen with the bodywork though
        It's a seriously interesting project and it's time you binge watched and got up to date!
        The body work changes will be extremely interesting to see unfold, but right now the attention to detail in just getting the K24 to fit appropriately and line up with the axles is quite a nice first part to the build.

Mike is doing a great job documenting and explaining exactly what is occurring and way. It's brilliant.

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
        Thanks for sharing this, Seb! It's pretty silly that I didn't start a thread myself... but, hey, I'll take it! I'm excited to have my forum homies along for the ride.
        It's all good, the forums are mainly just filled with those trying to hold onto what was ten years ago (myself included) and a lot of time is spent elsewhere on the internet these days, so making a thread for some form of discussion outside YouTube was something I wanted to provide!

Also, I'd 9000% join a patreon to support the build and SW that little bit more.
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

The latest episode this morning was a huge step towards getting the engine in the right position.
          I'm genuinely interested to see how deep Mike goes into explaining the intricacies of suspension design, he already mentioned that having the pick up points stay on the same plane that the suspension geometry doesn't change.

I am also really curious how the engine mounts will come out as well. My guess is that with the extra cutting of that frame rail, there may need to be another rail made?
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

Binge watching commenced.
            IG: wade_rees_
            BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

Highly recommended man, it's a good watch so far!
              I'm also really looking forward to the content with the Apache as well.

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on wheel choices!
              My want is some BBS e88's with some sticky tires, but unsure which direction Mike will go wheel wise.

My guess is something JDM inspired to annoy people aha
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

Fabrication has started in the latest video, exciting step forward! Looking forward to more Burrough & Build as wickedweiss said
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

Not gonna lie, Im a bit saddend by the fact that the pop-ups need to go.
                  Not only because I love pop-ups. But also because almost al non pop-up replacement that fit in the original place look goofy.

Very curious how they will look, hope Mike changes my mind

Comment

You're not wrong, I do think that the pop-up situation will be very interesting... I'm hopeful for some flachbau style headlights tbh
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

That bodykit is so cool. At first I thought "Uh, LB, pls not"... because I feel most of their bodykits doesnt fit the lines of the cars at all, but this one is on point. Looks like a 308 gt3 cup car.

Edit: After having looked on the bodykit once more, it looks like it's missing rocker panels? Maybe it will look different once it's sitting on the ground.
                      Last edited by gestanzed; 04-29-2021, 01:12 AM.
                      Tut DAS denn Not, dass der Karren so tief is?

Comment

This build is officially on everyone's radar lol I see it all over IG / FB now.

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                          This build is officially on everyone's radar lol I see it all over IG / FB now.
                          With the widebody it has every ingredient for a hype build. The big difference with this is that the build series is really educational, it shows all the steps of the build and goes in depth to how to build the stuff.
                          Its better than most "So now I've build this and after the sponsor I will have build the other part" videos.

Im really curious what kind of wheels Mike will end up with. I really hope a classic JDM wheel to tie it in with the rest of the car

Comment

This has been so wild watching it blow up everywhere.

The 935-esque rear mounted turbo setup looks so damn good.
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

Been watching this series for quite a while (admittedly not the whole thing) and I love this car. Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Working...
                              X