Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Balance and Jean shorts..non typical C5 build

I dig that companies are selling 3D printed parts for crazy form stuff like this. Those will help, especially for track days. I did a much more butchered fix on a freind's FRC autocross car ages ago, those printed parts are 100x cleaner.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Quote Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
    I dig that companies are selling 3D printed parts for crazy form stuff like this. Those will help, especially for track days. I did a much more butchered fix on a freind's FRC autocross car ages ago, those printed parts are 100x cleaner.
    I am kind of surprised more things arent out for these cars as how popular and cheap they are becoming. I mean you can buy any kinda chrome panel or trim piece or badge for these cuz of the old demographic that used to own them. Performance parts are good but not at the same time its weird.

While this exhaust sounds very good, I cant stand the single tips. I know its just visual, but I **** when I see them. Not sure its worth spending for a new exhaust tho. I have been keeping an eye out for used systems, just shipping can be rather expensive on these due to one set of pipes.

IMG-3115 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG-3114 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Last edited by hinrichs; Yesterday at 09:21 AM.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Those fender vents are sweet and functional.

I ***** the little plastic inserts, pulled mine and told myself it helped cool the engine bay a bit more. But the look of the vents with depth was much nicer.
    lamborfuckinghini

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    Those fender vents are sweet and functional.

I ***** the little plastic inserts, pulled mine and told myself it helped cool the engine bay a bit more. But the look of the vents with depth was much nicer.
    I know a lot of track guys were very excited to try running them, so I figure why not jump in and try myself.

Todays list of parts was to install my AMT Motorsport engine mounts, and also the diff mount. I was going to push getting them for a while, but I was lucky enough to win the diff mount on another forum, which saved me a good bit. I called Mark up when I heard I won and got a set of the engine mounts that I was eyeing up anyway. Easier to save on shipping and get them both. Diff mount was easy. I only took a pic of the stock one and then the new mount and installed. Kinda sucks you never see it. Install basically was loosen all the stock bolts, and jack up the trans. Fish out the mount from its hole, and replace.

IMG-3205 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG-3206 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG-3207 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Then onto the motor mounts. I didnt take many pictures cuz this really turned into a chore. I had to lower the subframe, loosen the stock mounts on the block, pull the stock mounts, then put in the new ones. It took a few hours but its finally finished. The mounts are a thing of beauty, and designed well. Curious to see the difference in the car with both installed. There is still rubber inside, but much more solid all around. Hard to see installed, but its in there.

IMG-3209 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    IMG-3208 by minthinrich, on Flickr

A pic back outside since. Its crazy how low the roof really is on this thing.

IMG-3204 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

I knew you had this but I missed the thread somehow! Always loved C5s and looks like you are progressing quick.
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Yes, yes and more yes!
    The 3D printed inserts are wild, that's something I wish more companies were doing, taking the 3D printing shit more serious.

Legit to see the motor mounts all sorted, does it feel a hell of a lot stiffer in the car?
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.