No announcement yet.

Skoda Octavia 1U Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got myself some hub adapters so I can run my wheels without rubbing (15mm at the front and 25mm on the back)

They poke a bit for the time being as I expected however I am planning on rolling my front arches and the rear will be slightly cambered

Comment

Ordered a cheap drinks holder to go into a single din slot that I forgot about so thought I'd get that in. I also had a vrs gear surrounding arrive in the post which I got on. The DIY retro fit of the drinks holder wasn't great and involved cutting with the Dremel but it's as good as it'll get for the time being. Certainly need a new gear boot as mines minging and definitely the original

Comment

Not brilliant photos but I got around to debadging the Octavia badge off the rear, adding dynamic tinted indicators and wind deflectors all around

Comment

We're now up to a month of ownership stage so I decided to treat her to a few more goodies! Tints all around, sunstrip, sharkfin, wiper delete (kill all wipers), private reg with 4D plates and a goodish clean including decluttering the back window

Comment

Bit of bad luck come my way, I got pulled over for darkness of my rear lights as they don't let enough life through and don't show the reflectors which is fair enough, also because my front plates in the window, tut tut. I also had a tire debead on the way back from collecting a vrs rear bumper and a vrs rear spoiler, haven't got a photo but they're both red so will need painting. I'm going for black on the bumper and silver for the wing as I am planning on a 2 tone look. Have some photos of my journey that didn't go to plan.

Comment

Luckily they sorted my tire there and then but we're on to more bad news, my coilovers have arrived along with adjustable drop links. Set fronts up, took out bump stops and helper springs and starting working on the car. First bolt snapped clean down the middle so she's off the road for a few days until I can get a bolt and put her back together on the new coilovers. Will update as soon as possible, probably tomorrow knowing me.

Comment

Glad to see a thread from the UK! Come along nicely for a months work, what you planning to do on the sides for the two tone look?
                Gruz

Comment

Originally posted by gruz View Post
                  Glad to see a thread from the UK! Come along nicely for a months work, what you planning to do on the sides for the two tone look?
                  In line with where the bumpers meet the body all the way down the side will be black to match the front and by then rear bumper, I will remove the bumper strips first and pull the dents out, will be a proper sand back and prime back up job

Comment

Enjoying the build so far

Comment

Delay in updating this thread so I will post where I am up too now...
                      Bit of an update! I'm off the pick up new bolts today for the suspension components as I fear everything else is going to be seized or cross threaded so potentially break everything. I managed to get one spring in yesterday along with taking a badge off one side.

Comment

Got around to finishing the rear suspension today. I bought 2x M10 70mm 8.8 rated bolts with nyloc nuts along with 4x new bolts to go into the top mounts so all bolts are brand new as the old ones are crusty and one had snapped. Originally I planned to have the adjustable cup sat under the rear springs (wound all the way down) but as I got them both in the car and back on 4 wheels it wasn't low enough. The original springs just sat on the rear plates without any cups and my replacement springs sat on the plates just as good so out come the cups to get the rear end even lower.

Tomorrow's plan is to remove the rear stub axle all put some shims in to add extra negative camber for clearance as well as sort out the alignment as best as I can by eye, definitely in need of an alignment now as it looks like I have 4 wheel turning atm ��

As soon as I've got the fronts on (waiting on a new battery for my impact driver) I will be putting machined engine raisers onto the engine mounts as well as new engine mounts. Including all nuts and bolts of course. This probably won't be until the new year now.

Still got a lot planned for this car to get her ready for the show season (if we have one this year) which include:

- Custom made Faulkner springs (need them to be extra stiff to avoid rubbing)

- Front Mount Intercooler (haven't decided on one yet but like darksides one as well as airtecs) any recommendations would be helpful

- PD150 Hybrid Turbo, not after crazy power (yet) but would like around 200-250bhp

- Injectors, decat, cat back system, all supporting and required bits to get figures I'd like to achieve

- Spray my VRS Bumper and VRS tail wing and get them on!

- Take the dents out and spray down the sides black

- Full Service and Underseal as will be due then

- VRS rear beam to ditch the drums along

- Cut a BIG hole in the roof and retrofit an open air unit out of a polo 6N or a Lupo

A very long way to go before I finish this list off but I'll be taking you on this journey, fingers crossed I can get through this list and more (got a few other bits I'll do along the way) before summer as I'd love to do the drive to worthersee in Austria if the shows go ahead this year ��

Comment

Got some progress to report from over the past few days!

Good news:

- Front coilovers are on

Bad news:

- Tires debeaded again (tiny tiny buckle is causing it) so will have to have it repaired, all 4 will be getting powered coated a new colour at the same time.

- Adjustable droplinks aren't short enough

- Need 4 tires new tires all around

- Front Arches (possibly back) need rolling and arch lining cutting out

A long with a list of parts that keeps getting bigger. Here's some pictures of before during and after (I also took my rear spacers off until I have messed about with the rear fitment)

Comment

Bit of an update, as I mentioned before my rear lights were far from legal so I've removed the tint from them. The lights really standard out and make the rear end look really odd now so managed to source and order some aftermarket rear lights. There's one pair I could find that matched nicely however were out of stock everywhere and so I contacted the manufacturer who stated that they are end of life and won't be making any more. I luckily managed to find one pair that was in stock after a wild chase around the internet on random website but definitely excited to get these on (should be a few weeks before they arrive)

Comment

Fully understand these will definitely not be too everyone's taste but with the colour the car will end up these will go very well. After all I'm building the car how I want it and not to please others, I'll get these on the car in the next few days (rear tailights for anyone wondering)

Comment

Blokes handbrake failed, luckily no one was hurt but his van is a write off and I luckily only have a minor dent above my tail light, scuff to the bumper and smashed tail light. (Ignore the state of it the roads are a nightmare at the minute and do 500 bumpy miles a week)

Comment

Working...
                                X