Skoda Octavia 1U Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skoda Octavia 1U Wagon

Think it's about time I posted a build thread after all the threads I've read through over the years and never bothered making an account until now, so here it goes.

Not sure where to start with this but on the 13th November I managed to pick up this beauty in need of a lot of TLC. £500 full service history, 12 months MOT and 158k on the clock. I couldn't be happier!

As you do, first thing I did when I got home was take a photo as the original one was from the listing, excuse the dark and dents which are getting sorted out shortly!

Got big plans for this car and hope to show my journey here.

Plan was to originally keep this car fairly standard as it's a daily driver and will (is) being used to travel around 100 miles a day Monday-Friday. I say that every time I buy a car but it never happens. First things first I had to change out the broken headunit for something that actually worked along with Bluetooth for those long journeys.

Comment

Very same day (day after picking her up) I decided to tint my rear lights as well as take off the dealership stickers ready for tints in the future, before and after.
      Tints are a bit too dark for my liking if I'm honest.

Comment

One thing that bugs me was the rear interior boot lights. I used to have to rummage around with my phone light in one hand the other trying to get my kit out. Not anymore I've replaced them for ultra bright LEDs. Hard to get the difference in picture but it really is night and day (no pun intended)

Comment

I noticed that my one of number plate lights had blown and had a spare so swapped it out like for like before deciding to take the jump to putting LEDs in as well as one bulb was lighter than the other as you can see

Comment

The rear boot interior lights were brighter than the front which didn't make sense so I got matching LEDs for the front interior as it was starting to bug me, I've also done the door/puddle lights as well but haven't taken photos of them

Comment

Always liked the yellow headlights that were ran by countries over in Europe so fancied the idea of yellow LED headlights, boy are they bright! Slowly getting through all the bulbs only things that aren't LED are rears lights and indicators.

Comment

The front bumper looked like it had been run through hell and back so decided to take a trip to Wales and pick up a vrs one. Was an interesting experience as when we got there it fit in the boot perfectly but my rear passengers weren't too happy about having a bumper wedged between them (they was warned before we set off).

Me and my pal ended up changing the bumper over in a dominos car park before putting the old one into there big bin, which we of course asked to do. Finally she's starting to take shape and look different.

Comment

That evening when we got back we decided to wrap my headlights in yellow tint as the clear borders when on looked daft and wrap my indicators in orange film as I couldn't find any orange film, I also fitted one new indicator unit as they was odd (OCD moment)

Comment

The following night I put on a "it's okay ❤️" sticker along the bottom of my windscreen, sprayed my grille black along with added the black and chrome style badges for a cleaner look then decided to stand on my bonnet

Comment

At this point about 2 weeks into ownership I was really happy with how things were coming along until this...

I was driving along then all of a sudden my turbo felt like it had died and struggled to get above 60-70 and the car was extra sluggish. After turned the car off and looking under the bonnet everything seemed okay so started the car back up and just took it easy. The EML stayed on but car felt as good as before... Bit of research and think that it's the common problem these have with the vains sticking. Eventually will be upgrading to a pd150 hybrid turbo so will try and keep it going until then.

Comment

Not a great photo by any stretch of the imagination but I put some stickers down the back window for the time being along with the matching black and chrome Skoda badge I have on the front

Comment

Bit of a clean and a reflection of my progress at this point as I was about 3 weeks into ownership, I also got ride of the residue that was left on the front bumper from the number plate of the chap I bought it off, from the front doesn't even look like the same car anymore

Comment

It's time to get some wheels and what I thought would look good on her is a set of Rotiform BLQ so that's what I decided to get myself, they come at a price but worth every penny

Comment

Unfortunately when I bought the wheels thought the offset was et35 but they was actually et45 (et45 8.5j 18") so had to order myself some spacers, for a couple of days she looked like this ��

Comment

Working...
                              X