Back from the dead, not an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the dead, not an E30

After a long time forgetting about this forum, and life finding ways of pulling me in other directions, I figured I would re-introduce myself.

I'm Ryan. I've had quite a few cars, most notably my red E30, and since then quite a few more, but all less exciting. Nonetheless here they are:

The best form of my E30:
    Ryan-E30-2-1110x740

And the last pictures I have of it:
    14265379896_43d122ed0f_z
    zebavate - Copy - Copy
    IMG_0893

This project was going along well, until I had to move and lost my garage, then had to store the car 40 minutes away at my sisters house. The longer it sat the more i thought about the state the shell of this car was in, someone had previously replaced the drivers quarter panel and not well, there was quite a bit more body work that needed done and it was beyond my abilities. The car sat and sat, picked up surface rust on the shaved bay and I lost interest unfortunately. I parted it out and scrapped the shell.

I then drove my daily around for a while:
    IMG_0311
    And sold it for a german car so i could have the euro bumpers but sold that eventually too:
    14285257441_501b3812e6_z

Then I figured I needed more modern conveniences and bought an 06 Acura RL, at the same time I knew I needed another E30, so I picked up a beautiful condition sedan for $3000. Did coils and cheap wheels and should have kept it. But decided to get married, and found out weddings are not cheap:
    IMG_2535
    IMG_2540
    IMG_2541

I traded the RL in on my first ever brand new car, a 2016 BMW 340i, rwd, 6 speed manual. I got a hell of a deal because i was a BMW genius and got an employee lease. Quickly bought some H&R super sports and 5 series wheels for it:

IMG_4490

After having the 340i for a year, we found out my wife was pregnant, so i wanted to get her an SUV. We have a Land Rover store also so I got an employee deal on an evoque for her:

IMG_4850

Which got me into an off-road phase so I traded that in on this:
    IMG_6039

The wife wasn't stoked on me trading her car in, so after having the Tacoma for about a year, I was offered a deal I couldn't pass up on this and I agreed to let her have it as her mom wagon
    IMG_6543

That was a two year lease which was too expensive to buy out, I was planning on keeping it as my car, but instead leased her another 3 series
    MVIMG_20200308_131826

Which brings us to current with her car and the swapping back and forth of vehicles. Since we had gotten the wagon I was now stuck with our 2016 Mazda 6 (shown in the picture of the tacoma) and I dealt with it for a few years, but started to get the itch for anything else. I started playing with the idea of trading it in and found out that the value actually would make sense. I began my search for several different cars, but I knew i wouldn't be happy without a wagon. I adored the f31 when the wife left me drive it lol, and I have always loved wagons.

I wanted to order a new Mini Clubman JCW as it checked most of my boxes: wagon, awd, comes in green, turbo and easily tunable. Unfortunately though Mini did away with the manual for 2020, and that was the deal breaker. I instead searched for a used one and found the perfect car. If I could order a new one in manual I would have gotten this exact same spec. The fact that it had everything and was the only green JCW clubman I could find I knew I had to make the deal work. After a couple days of negotiating the deal I went to pick it up.

The day i picked it up in Maryland:
    MVIMG_20200517_124438
    MVIMG_20200517_133130

And after a few months of ownership, I've just been enjoying detailing, ceramic coating and driving the car.

IMG_0177
    MVIMG_20200520_213126
    MVIMG_20200517_193429

The real modifications will be coming hopefully soon. It won't be anything massive but more power, more low, good wheels etc and make it a great daily. I've only seen one other well done clubman and have almost no information on it, but its a major inspiration for mine:

DuelL-AG-Bodykit-OZ-Leggera-MINI-Clubman-F54-Tuning-3
    I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

All over the place with cars! That's a sweet Mini, glad you are back in something fun.

@projects_always

Comment

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
      All over the place with cars! That's a sweet Mini, glad you are back in something fun.
      Thanks! lol yeah I tried the practical route for a while, but now with my wife having a reliable new car I can justify making mine a little less practical.
      I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

Comment

Working...
      X