No announcement yet.

Dlux BMW E23 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work on bringing the car closer to ground. Are these solid mounts, there seems to be a rubber piece (the stamped ring part around the hole) but I think the picture is deceiving me.
    About the momentary brights - the early connector you had appears to have 2 pins more than the late one, were they wired? It could be something small ... I was chasing the same issue on my e28 - while the low beam is on, turn on high beam by pushing outward and it works like a charm. Pull inward to "flash" - nothing. In the end, it turned out the car was one of very few produced in a different way - while no lights are on, pull inward to "flash" and the low beam flashes instead of the high beam. It was wired differently, with different color wires (white instead of yellow iirc) than the usual wiring diagram through a relay just above the brake pedal mounted on the firewall. Also, while parked and car turned off, if you turn on the signal, instead of the parking lights, the signal would turn on as if the car was running. Found out there were two wiring diagrams for that production year.
    I'm not saying this is the case for you, because it obviously worked as expected before you changed the switch, just sharing some experience that it could be something simple that is wasily overlooked.

Excited to see pictures with the new trim and more lows.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

The mounts have rubber trim around the shock shaft to allow for flex.

The early connector actually has 3 pins more. 1 power, 2 inputs. They were all wired. Not sure to what and I didnt think to test before cutting.

I am sure it is something like you described. My problem is that I have a different switch now so if the switch is not capable of what the car is, thats just how it goes. Nothing I can do to wire it different. I dont really care much anyway. It works as needed. Thanks for the thoughts and input.

Comment

Sorry, I have totally fallen off this build thread! Here are a couple pics that I have taken out and about..

Comment

Working...
        X