No announcement yet.

3rd Gen Honda Prelude - Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a beautiful car! Love the wide steelies, needs a little more low.
    I’ve had too many cars to list and most of them sucked.

Comment

Thanks legends!

I am definitely happy with how the bay turned out. It's amazing how quickly it gets dirty though!!

Originally posted by fitted_fit View Post
      Such a beautiful car! Love the wide steelies, needs a little more low.
      Aw man... I will eventually but as this is my only car at the moment, i cannot risk getting a defect. It's actually sitting just under legal height now
      I will definitely be dropping the rear a bit more to make it even with the front, but i'm pretty happy with how it sits.

IMG-3582

Here is my latest update!

I have FINALLY found some side skirts and a rear lip! They are coming off a CB5 accord - very hard to come by here and i have been quite patient for about a year now. So stoked to have finally found some!

119528592-354537662584744-4719219214928213400-n

119556351-607841820123335-7398626511059082789-n

119603539-672308376729540-2719933464573001678-n

119624003-337051504168353-5586069466444147575-n

They are a bit rough, but some elbow grease and a lick of paint, they should come up quite well!

For now, this is about all i am going to spend on the car - has been quite an expensive year. Christmas is coming up so need to do my part as a respectful and financially mature adult

Until next time!
      Cars, Food & Coffee

Instagram: @carsfoodandcoffee | Youtube: Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

Gave the old girl a clean today - first wash it has had in almost 9 months! Looking pretty good i think.

car-FB-3

119841079-2674443476129249-771781968277087420-n

Cannot wait to get all the dents removed... my lordy, there is many.

Here it is while i was mid way through cleaning the engine bay. it got a bit dark so i had to move it in.

car-FB-4

Until next time
        Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

I did an overview of my prelude with a local youtuber by the name of Turbo Tristan! You can take a closer look at my prelude and listen to me talk shit about it

Until next time

Last edited by hdlmgargae; 11-18-2020, 07:04 AM.
          Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

Just a few more photos of the fitment after a drive through the hills over the weekend. Car is absolutely phenomenal! Zero faults.

I have gotten another job so progress has basically halted until the christmas break.

IMG-4084

IMG-4119

Currently tossing up the idea of sticking with 15" wheels and going real meaty fitment, or going up to 17" wheels with more of a fitted stance look... literally cannot make up my mind Time will tell!

Until next time
            Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

I vote meaty fitment with some seriously sticky tires!
              IG: @sebastienaudeon
              1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
              *pats Sebs head*
              there there.
              keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                I vote meaty fitment with some seriously sticky tires!
                I am leaning towards this!!

By the way, Seb - met you a few times back in your Adelaide days (met through Dylan just after you all wrapped your impreza and bagged his!! (I had the grey wrx STI hatch). Literal nostalgic throwback
                Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

Hi there!
                  Great car, good job with making it looks so clean.
                  Reminds me my Prelude mark 3 pre-facelift model witch I was driving around back in my '20...I'm 41 yo now and steel have a soft spot for them in my heart.
                  Just wanna ask you, would you consider taking off the trunk spoiler?
                  I didn't have one on mine and I think it improve the clean lines of that car.
                  Anyway thanks for sharing and all the best!
                  Sorry for my english, greetings from Poland

Comment

Originally posted by adacam View Post
                    Hi there!
                    Great car, good job with making it looks so clean.
                    Reminds me my Prelude mark 3 pre-facelift model witch I was driving around back in my '20...I'm 41 yo now and steel have a soft spot for them in my heart.
                    Just wanna ask you, would you consider taking off the trunk spoiler?
                    I didn't have one on mine and I think it improve the clean lines of that car.
                    Anyway thanks for sharing and all the best!
                    Sorry for my english, greetings from Poland
                    I may be showing my age a bit (44), but I've always considered this to be the best body style for the 'Lude. Though I had a girlfriend in college with a red '95. It was a joy to drive. I drove a 60 Olds Super 88 though. So anything with air conditioning and a stick shift was a welcome change-up!

Comment

I may be showing my age a bit (44), but I've always considered this to be the best body style for the 'Lude. Though I had a girlfriend in college with a red '95. It was a joy to drive. I drove a 60 Olds Super 88 though. So anything with air conditioning and a stick shift was a welcome change-up!
                      I'm 30 and I also think it was the best style ever
                      So you are not alone my friend
                      Hi there

Comment

Originally posted by g150driver View Post
                        Oh it is hands DOWN the best body shape.. more specifically, the best from factory. I do believe the 1st gen can look incredible after some modifications like any early 80s jdm car.
                        Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

So a bit of a delayed update.

I was undecided on what route to take with the 'lude, so I though... Why not both?
                          I went with 17's with a larger diameter semi slicks tyre. It's a perfect balance of what I've been wanting (function and form) and it has been executed perfectly.

I got some federal 595 RS-RR'Sin 215/40R27

PXL-20210205-025247190

And I wrapped them around some 17x8 +30 Rotiform LAS-R's.

PXL-20210206-012928958

And here is how it looks on the car!

PXL-20210209-072307396-PORTRAIT-2

I couldn't be happier. I feel it's a very period correct wheel.
                          The bigger diameter tyre has raised the car by a bit so I do need to adjust the height to how I want it, which is not the end of the world when it comes to clearance.. Oh and also need to re-adjust the camber as it's all out by a bit as I adjusted it all by hand to gauge ideal fitment (alignment incoming). I also need to put on the accord side extensions and the rear lips already! I there is some work cut out for me over the next few weekends haha

Can't wait to head out and take some better photos!

Until next time
                          Last edited by hdlmgargae; 02-09-2021, 04:06 AM.
                          Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

After having this set up on for a few days now, man... It drives so well compared to the handling with the steelies. Feels better, very planted on the road, the tyres grip like they are on rails (I drive my cerato GT when it rains or is super hot so will literally never encounter wet traction on the semi slicks, thankfully)

PXL-20210210-211554818-PORTRAIT-2

Looks absolutely fire. Especially the current camber angles it sits at.
                            Screenshot-20210210-222920-2
                            PXL-20210209-210927224

Currently sitting approx. -2.5° on the front and -3° on the rear but I'm thinking -2.5° all round with a touch more of a drop will be mint form with functional practicality.

I finally had the chance to trim down one of the accord side shorts to size and give it a cheeky test fit.

PXL-20210210-104714470
                            PXL-20210210-104658577

Just need to cap the ends, sand it all down and get it painted, ready for mounting!

Just a quick side note, this car looks so good.. can you tell I'm over the moon with how well the wheels sit?
                            PXL-20210211-113450241

Here is a cool rolling shot some random bloke took of the lude while I was travelling down the freeway (found the photo on a local honda page)

FB-IMG-1613033125536-2

Oh!! Also, i got a free replacement hex nut from Rotiform, but it's in the silver which looks amazing on its own but on the wheel it's a real personal choice - so I trialled it on.

Silver nut
                            PXL-20210210-023833109-2

Black nut
                            PXL-20210210-023944539-2

I personally prefer the all black hex so that's what I'm running with. I feel it adds more definition to the wheel design and to the cars overall look.

Until next time
                            Last edited by hdlmgargae; 02-12-2021, 07:55 AM.
                            Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

Lockdown again in Victoria.

As work was SO quiet due to literally everyone cancelling, I decided to drop the prelude a touch more.

PXL-20210213-021246968
                              PXL-20210213-021222975

Fitment is bang on. Just need to adjust the camber a bit so it'ss all perfect.

Previous owner must have played with the front spring preload as my front left is maxed out, and front right is not.. and the front right rubs. So that'll be amended to sometime this week!

Until next time
                              Cars, Food & Coffee

Comment

The new wheels suit the car perfectly, and after you got the last height adjustment it looks perfect.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X