• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the tires mounted.

IMG_1973

IMG_1982

IMG_1994

Took the bumpers and hood to get painted. I'm liking the no bumper look.

IMG_1999

IMG_2003

I put the other front end back on it because I'm getting in trouble with my HOA. With the wheels I actually like it now. To late now I already sent the other front end to paint.

IMG_2009

Comment

The new bumper will be much cooler. Looks pretty aggressive on those new wheels. Most likely you'll need much shorter springs to get it lower though
      E34 build thread link
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
      e_dirty_4

Comment

This has a lot of promise.

Comment

Id like to flush mount a big screen into the dash that is either an android radio, iPad, or has Apple CarPlay.

Here I am using an old double din radio I had to see how it would fit. I don't like it, to much waisted space.

IMG_2013

Soundman in cali did an iPad mini in his Tbird and it fits perfectly because iPad screen is 4:3 unlike all other screens I find that are 16:9. taller so it fills the space better. Just not sure if I like the look of having an iPad because its to noticeable that its an iPad.

IMG_7995_1512x

Comment

Removed the carpet and cleaned it using carpet cleaner and drill brush.

IMG_2024

IMG_2031

Went to the junk yard again and got some small pieces and carpet for the trunk.

Heres my old carpet.
            IMG_2030

Here's the new one, it had a big rust stain but I was able to get it mostly out.
            IMG_2027

IMG_2028

Found some rust spots under the carpet so I sprayed some rust reformer on them.

IMG_2037

IMG_2041
            Last edited by Matt2low; 05-14-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Went to pick up the hood and bumpers today but saw some bubbles in the hood and other problems on the front bumper so I'm having them repaint them. the rear bumper was good enough so I went ahead and put it on.

IMG_2047

IMG_2048

IMG_2053

Comment

Got the new headlights and hood emblem. Just waiting on paint.

IMG_2061

IMG_2063

Comment

Got the car registered finally. Seems to get a hot after driving for 15 mins.

IMG_2073

IMG_2070

IMG_2068

IMG_2071

IMG_2076

Comment

Rear tires were rubbing when I hit bumps so I rolled the rear fenders.

IMG_2084

Comment

The previous owner put a radiator fan from a mustang on this car and it doesn't fit right, look at the gap! So I got an original thunderbird fan from a junk yard and put that on.

IMG_2100

IMG_2102

IMG_2103

New fan no more gap.

IMG_2104

So far it seems to have helped my cooling issue.
                      Last edited by Matt2low; 05-20-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

This looks really cool. Can't wait to see it lowered a bit more.
                        As someone from the UK I love seeing USDM stuff being modified like this!

Comment

Thank you! Yeah I would like to see it lower too. I live close to BC racing HQ so I'm hoping I can get them to make me some custom coilovers.

Comment

I forgot to take a photo of the radio I got at the junk yard to hold me over till I can get an android radio.

IMG_2114

I did a lot of research looking at all the different android radios that are available and I found one that I think will work great. Its designed for a KIA but it fills the hole nicely. I printed it to scale so I can see how it would look in the dash.

IMG_2118

Comment

Got some Hood struts and removed the hood prop. It must have been from another car because now the hood closes so much nicer.

IMG_2123

IMG_2140

Comment

So I finally got my paint match spray can. The plan is to remove the cladding and plug the holes.

IMG_2127

IMG_2128

I sanded them down and painted them.

IMG_2144

IMG_2145

IMG_2146

Cleaned it up with a steamer for now.

IMG_2147

IMG_2149

Put a little bit of silicon on them to make them water tight.

IMG_2150

IMG_2152

I think it came out pretty good. Its better then the cladding but now I can't wait to fill the holes and paint it. I had to order more plugs to do the other side.

IMG_2161

Comment

Working...
                                X