Daily Mistake, BMW E34 touring daily driver/stance build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Mistake, BMW E34 touring daily driver/stance build

Hi guys, I've posted here a few times and started a few threads but, have never fell in love with a car, until now.

This is my first car that I'm doing everything i can to keep it going, doing everything i can to make her beautiful, the only car I've had issues naming

My 1995 BMW 525i Touring
    Day 1, Purchase, October 2017
    $1100 later

A weird misfire, i thought at the time was a bad coil pack, more on that later.
    She only had half a front bumper, but otherwise was decently clean. (picture from for sale post)

A couple irritating months later trying to diagnose the misfire, i finally said fuck it and compression test the motor.... I wish I would've paid less, come to find out i had 30 lbs of compression on cylinder 4. Not what i wanted to see.
    So i said f&*% it and pulled the head off the car, this is what i found.... (sorry for poor camera quality was saved on snapchat)

Great, i was hoping to swap a coil pack and move on. Not have to rebuild the head. so I ordered valves, valve stem seals, had my local machine shop inspect the cams for bad wear, once i got all my parts the head was sent to the shop to get rebuilt.

And 4 months passed, no time to work on her.

No progress pictures of pulling the head or reinstalling the head, only pictures I have are a quick picture doing the timing and the installation of an electric fan and deleted clutch fan.

And she was back on the road!!!
    I also grabbed a front bumper from a local wrecking yard so i had a full front bumper again.

I grabbed factory front plate filler panel from fcpeuro and had my son help me install it

The fun stuff in the next post...
    Daily Mistake E34 Touring
    https://stanceworks.com/forums/showt...r-stance-build

Instagram - @e34_wagon_life

It's awesome to see another e34! Can't wait to see what you do with it
    E34 build thread link
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
    e_dirty_4

Comment

And now the fun stuff

I got the windows tinted all the way around for a nice black on black look, the tint guy also threw some yellow tint on my high beams for free

I bought some Style 19 wheels.... that were completely destroyed, test fit them and called a local wheel repair shop, to find out that they aren't really worth my time or money since i'm working with a budget.
      So i sold them and picked up something that was ready to run

And the new wheels and tires

I then bought an aftermarket steering wheel since mine was torn (not the best match in the picture but looks great in person)

and i saved a lot of change and sold a lot of stuff to be able to afford my biggest investment into this car yet

Brand new with custom spring rates for going very low, once i figure out wheel offsets, tire size, fender rolling, skid plate, and raise my engine

this is how she sits now

I am going to get some real pictures taken soon these are mostly all from my phone

Comment

and for anyone wondering wheel specs, i fucked it all up when i bought these
        17x8.5 +30
        Front has 25mm spacers
        rear has 20mm spacers

Comment

Cracking progress already! Looking good so far, I've always wanted a E34 touring! Unfortunately the cheap ones here in the UK are rusty and generally shot, and even if I did find one insurance wouldn't even think of insuring me.
          Keep it up!
          Gruz

Comment

welcome to the world of constant maintenance and really expensive and hard to find parts, e34's can be tough to daily. they are very picky about the quality of parts put on them and anything thats not bmw original or an oem supplier will last a month or two.

car looks clean so far!
            always wanted a black touring

Comment

Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
              welcome to the world of constant maintenance and really expensive and hard to find parts, e34's can be tough to daily. they are very picky about the quality of parts put on them and anything thats not bmw original or an oem supplier will last a month or two.

car looks clean so far!

Yeah every part I've bought has been OEM BMW or better, my favorite websites right now are fcpeuro, eBay, and amazon, I've spent more maintaining this car then my purchase price not to mention my coilovers were the same price as my car
              Last edited by 83Yota; 03-31-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post

car looks clean so far!
                Truth. I daily drove a 1995 530i for a few years. The motor and transmission were perfect and it made that awesome V8 growl, but the car was literally falling apart around me. Nothing worked at the end. The sunroof was the only window that worked.

I'll own another one, but I'm going to pay good money for a well-maintained example. A black touring with tan interior.

Comment

Well, i lowered the rear a hair more, drove her around a little bit, painted my roof rails, and am on the hunt for the OEM BMW roof rack for this thing, i got my Condor Speed Shop engine riser kit, and am going to order new motor mounts for it and get them installed.

And because of the Corona virus i have decided to take a look at why my sunroof isn't working, as well as reupholster my Headliner since it was sagging and held up with thumbtacks. and a picture as to why i ordered engine risers.

Comment

Working...
                  X