Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More Than You Can Afford, Pal

love how everything about it....

Dropped the 575M off for service ... insert 40 year old virgin quote here.

The following day:

Corner balanced, suspension tolerances adjusted and aligned. Fenders rolled.

This is after losing 150 lbs and half tank of fuel. . . porky. Ferrari claims 50/50 weight distribution. lol

Ti exhaust is looking beautiful although unseen.

After the corner balance and suspension adjustments IT IS SO MUCH BETTER. Its neutral in the corners with much more turn-in grip. Comfortable ride characteristics. But my girlfriend is still reminding me that her car is louder & faster

Last edited by white out; 07-29-2020 at 02:39 AM.
    lamborfuckinghini

^ Yeah, but her car is a fancy Beetle.

...about to get smoked...

Some good ride along footage and exhaust sound at 10:55. But the vid overall is worth a watch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C60-usjlsZE
    lamborfuckinghini

Damn this thing looks and sounds amazing

Looking great! That exhaust is amazing!

havent been on forums in years and this happened to be first thread i click on... fuck yes
    "gps sayin im misguided"

A) Not an OP issue, but WTF is up with the spam posts about increasing income, or recipes, etc? Annoying AF.
    B) I want the OP's job. I have no idea what people do to earn enough money to daily a 575M... maybe I need to click on one of those 'increase your income' links? (haha)
    C) Nice work on that Ferrari. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWBergy View Post
    B) I want the OP's job. I have no idea what people do to earn enough money to daily a 575M... maybe I need to click on one of those 'increase your income' links? (haha)
    Lawyer/Exotic car tuner. So this is his job. Probably writes everything off as a business expense.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWBergy View Post
    A) Not an OP issue, but WTF is up with the spam posts about increasing income, or recipes, etc? Annoying AF.
    I’m hopeful that the spam will calm down. We have turned on some serious spam protection methods for stopping new spam bots but I’m sure there are lingering ones that got in beforehand.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

thank god

Great to hear with the spam stopping/slowing.

Not much has happened with the 575 since the DMC build is in full swing. So over the past few months it received a new battery, thermocouple ECU and windows adjusted. But today things got interesting, I acquired tubular exhaust manifolds from a Ferrari 550 Maranello. Nobody has swapped these on a 575M, but they look to be a direct bolt on and should do the following: better sound, lower underhood temps, reduce weight and gain roughly 20whp. But most importantly I think it will allow the car to make power after 7250rpm which will greatly improve overall performance and outgun the Viper's 60-130. The catch, need to add 8 o2 bungs.

... anyways, onto some pictures

lamborfuckinghini

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    The catch, need to add 8 o2 bungs.
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    this is so goood

550 manifolds ... aka oem headers are in

lamborfuckinghini

Got around to installing the 550 Manifolds. Will finish it up later this week.

While under the car found out that I have a coolant leak. Wonderful, I really wanted to take off the exhaust and intake manifolds.

Really odd how the coolant leaked onto the exhaust

lamborfuckinghini

I finally got the driver rear manifold out. What a PITA. 2 hours for one manifold.

Lower bolts connecting to the downpipe required a ball-end allen/hex to get an angle as there was zero room to get a tool in straight. I didn't have one, so there was a couple day delay to get one. NBD.

I knew the left rear (driver side - USDM car) was going to be difficult because of the location of the brake booster and the steering shaft. Unfortunately, I didn't know how correct I was, this sucked. The lower rear nut was impossible to get to with standard tools (specialty tool is clearly necessary) and a short 1/4" drive socket was too big to fit over the nut and clear the heat shield (deep socket had no chance). Zero room for a wrench. Just to access the nut I had to remove the front wheel and inner fender as it couldn't be accessed from on top or under the car. Initially the socket went into the small cavity where the nut was, but it wedged in and wouldn't come out. So I used the extension as a pry bar and gave the socket some clearance on the heat shield. This allowed the socket to slide about 50% on the nut and I gave it some force to catch. I wanted to hammer it on, but knew I'd be screwed if it didn't work. So I hoped that it would bite with what grip it had.

Tools used a 1/4" drive 13mm socket, u-joint, wobble extension, u-joint, extension and adapter for 3/8" ratchet. Pushed/braced the extension as much as possible to keep the force straight on the nut and bam, nut broke loose. Was able to easily get the nut out after that. Thank God. The upper rear was also in a tight spot and required the same tools and access through the wheel arch, but there was plenty of room for the socket.

How I felt after getting all the manifolds out:
    lamborfuckinghini

good times...lol

Tonight I got the driver side manifolds in. Then attached all four manifolds to the downpipes.

Casualty of the day

More to go before I fire it up.
    lamborfuckinghini

21. Default

I cant wait to hear how this sounds! How did you figure out those manifolds would work in your chassis? Just curious as im sure theres not a lot of ferrari forums for part swapping lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
    I cant wait to hear how this sounds! How did you figure out those manifolds would work in your chassis? Just curious as im sure theres not a lot of ferrari forums for part swapping lol
    It was a bit of a shot in the dark as there was zero info on it. I have the OEM downpipes for sale and noticed that 550 downpipes looked identical. Then went to my buddy's shop and looked under a 550. Looked close. So I went for it. Had no idea if they would fit. Getting everything tight last night was confirmation that it would work.

Some guy messaged me and said he did the same thing to his car. So I'm not the only one who's done it, but not a common thing.
    lamborfuckinghini

Nice work on getting the 550 manifolds installed, was definitely not expecting it to work but glad it did!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.