Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Than You Can Afford, Pal

Default More Than You Can Afford, Pal

It's official, I am a sucker for pain, and here we go again. Literally DAYS after I get the Viper perfect (seriously) I stumble upon another long nose with a big motor and a little duck tail in the back. So now, I bring you the one thing that both the purists and the three peddlers are going to ****. So proper of a badge that it deserves its own thread. The first Ferrari 575M ever imported to the US. My new daily driver.

Oh, the places you'll go

annnnnd day 1

Strap in and tighten your boot straps. This is about to get low wide and loud.
    lamborfuckinghini

First up, tint

Next was my initiation to Ferrari, wiper arms are the reverse of all modern hook arms and required me to tear down the wiper blade to install it.

Then I hit the beach

Last edited by white out; 03-17-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    lamborfuckinghini

Love that colour!

Oh man cant wait to see more of this. Love the new daily.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

I had a 575 diecast in grade school. Those lines are classic

You had me at more than you could afford.

can't wait.

On to more miscellaneous stuff.

The shop that replaced the clutch, for the previous owner, forgot to re-install the underbelly pan. Luckily they still have the pan, unfortunately it is massive, so I can't go pick it up and now I have to go to that shop with the 575 and have them reinstall it . . . needless to say, I don't have much faith in this shop. Here's a shot with the pan missing, all of this should be completely covered with naca ducts feeding certain components.

Time to change out the air filters for some BMC. Hopefully there's a little more power and throttle response with them as the massive hood scoop is purely for the air intake.

Fun fact with the factory air box, since the V12 is jammed under a hood with very little ventilation, the airboxes have heat shielding inside of them.

Speaking of that hood scoop, the hood is insanely heavy and the hood struts failed (new units inbound) so I had to use my head and multi-task while changing the filters.

lamborfuckinghini

Now onto the reason we're all here. The 575 has copious amounts of fender gap and that factory wheel offset on par with 50's American cars. Although it has factory coilovers so I can drop it this car rides SOFT, like way too soft for a Ferrari, would be more on par with a Bentley/Rolls. So add coilovers to the "to do" list and they ain't cheap (great).

Played around with the Viper's wheels/tires. Explains why the Viper has traction and the 575 spins at the blip of the throttle.

Good news, the 575 can fit 13" rear wheels and it looks like the Viper's rear wheel offset is pretty close to what the 575 needs (no these aren't mounted, 1 lug bolt & my foot holding the wheel on the hub) . . . front was worse so no pics.

lamborfuckinghini

nice! cant wait to see more with it

Wow dude

I know it would probably be wiser to keep the stockers stashed for future resale value but couldn't you get new springs and get the stock coilovers revalved/modified? Would probably be cheaper and I think Ferrari shocks should be pretty good quality units

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

ya. i'm all in on this lol

Oh yes, I can’t wait to see what you do with this. Sad to see the Viper was for sale though, that’s been one of my favorites. But I know this will be just as rad.

Love that shot of the gauge cluster as you drive to the beach. What a gorgeous car, can't wait to see what you do with it!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Nothing major. But a warm welcome to Ferrari ownership.

Changed the cabin filter. 575M has the most pathetic cabin filter I've ever seen . . . and it's priced at $100.41.

Something that directly affects me but doesn't matter in pics, new hood struts ($93, lol). Worth every damn penny to not have that heavy ass hood rest on my head.

Attempted to lower the car on the factory coilovers, but a spring perch collar decided to seize. Did all the usual tricks, and a bit more, to try and break it loose.

No luck. Going to have to either pull it or fit a spring compressor so there is no load on the perchin order to get it to spin.

Here's a Ferrari and a Lambo

lamborfuckinghini

Ferrari has this thing most commonly referred to as "sticky buttons" which is where the coating on plastics melts over time and becomes this nasty substance that sticks and stains your hands. Luckily the previous owner dealt with most of it, but I am currently taking care of the remainder of the parts with it.

First off was the door trim pieces that I look at every time I'm in the car.

Before:

After:

Next up was the steering column. If I didn't put the key in perfectly, I would have the gummy "sticky button" on my hands and under my nails. AnnoyingAF.

After:

Now the 575M is a portly fellow. Managed to remove 2lbs from the steering column.

lamborfuckinghini

I never wanted the pics to end. Love this as a daily.

Great purchase mate.

Cheers

Mike

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

While spending time on my back putting the interior pieces in place I realized that it was missing a driver side floor mat. Buy pure luck I sourced a pair of used floor mats in the correct color in the UK.

In other news, been spending far too much time calculating what I want to do with the damn wheels and the car goes in for belt service this week.
    lamborfuckinghini

Yas, the premises are good, can't wait to see lowered...

wow this is good

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    While spending time on my back putting the interior pieces in place I realized that it was missing a driver side floor mat. Buy pure luck I sourced a pair of used floor mats in the correct color in the UK.
    They are for a right hand drive car. motherfu**er
    lamborfuckinghini

i want more!!!

Finishing off the majority of sticky-ness in the Ferrari. Luggage sliders on the parcel shelf.

Alcohol removed all the sticky-ness, but also the color too. So whipped out the old rattle can.

Back to normal.

Also, bought a baller key for it

lamborfuckinghini

Yes, more.

Coilovers arrived.

lamborfuckinghini

I’ll just leave this window tab open and click refresh