Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 BMW 523i E39 wheel & tire setup

Hello!

I have a 1999 BMW 523i E39 m-sport that I'm currently looking at getting new wheels for as I need to replace the tires. I've been looking at these 7Twenty Style 57s. They come in 5x120 which is what the E39 use in 18x9.5" and 18x10.5" but not in 18x8.5" which is what's recommended as fronts based on what I can tell. My question now is if these would work on an E39 with a squared 18x9.5" ET20 setup or possibly a staggered setup with 18x9.5" ET20 as fronts and 18x10.5" ET20 as rears? Or would that be too tight?

If it works, what tire sizes do you guys recommend for more of a meaty setup rather than stretched setup? I want really good fitment but don't want to sacrifice drivability for fitment and don't want the car to rub everywhere as it's the daily.
    If it doesn't work, do you guys know any 18-19" wheels that come in sizes that work as a squared or staggered setup on the E39? And what tire sizes would you recommend for those wheels?

Whatever I get is going on this one, and I plan to lower it a bit later on
    2019-10-13 063.jpg

Thanks in advance!

The staggered setup should work. People run way more aggressive fitment than that. Make sure that the wheels have the right hub diameter is correct, the e39 chassis has larger hubs than most BMWs. Just search for e39 wheel fitment and base you choices off of what others have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunders View Post
      The staggered setup should work. People run way more aggressive fitment than that. Make sure that the wheels have the right hub diameter is correct, the e39 chassis has larger hubs than most BMWs. Just search for e39 wheel fitment and base you choices off of what others have done.
      Thanks for the info! Would 265/35-18 Michelin PS4s work on the 18x9.5 ET20s up front without rubbing? Do I need any spacers? They do have the 74.1mm centrebore that the E39 have

Comment

Working...
      X