No announcement yet.

W201 Die Reiser Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So waiting on transmission still, and needed a better daily, which may become my next stanceworks build...

2007 Saab 9-5 2.3t 5 speed with a stage 1 flash already (300 ft lbs of torque steer goodness)

Attached Files

Comment

Great work here. I will be following this closely for the pin outs and hopefully adding some information as I go along with my own build.
      I got my RUSefi a few weeks ago and am just waiting for a 2001-2004 SLK230 kompressor engine harness to arrive, also waiting for a valve cover too so I can convert my ignition system from 2 coil to 4 coil set up.
      Then once the ECU is in and tuned, I will be then doing my 6 speed manual swap.

Anyways, keep the updates coming!
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
      [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
        Great work here. I will be following this closely for the pin outs and hopefully adding some information as I go along with my own build.
        I got my RUSefi a few weeks ago and am just waiting for a 2001-2004 SLK230 kompressor engine harness to arrive, also waiting for a valve cover too so I can convert my ignition system from 2 coil to 4 coil set up.

Do you mean, this pin out.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The O.P. added that link a while back. I don't know how close it is to the 01 and up SLKs though.

Comment

Hey! Pinout has already been shared. Why do you need a new valve cover? I am using the one that came with my engine with some audi R8 coils no problemo. What crank trigger are you using?

Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
          Do you mean, this pin out.... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The O.P. added that link a while back. I don't know how close it is to the 01 and up SLKs though.
          Thanks bb xoxoxo

If yall need a basemap lmk

Comment

WOW-REALLY"!!! You get a SAAB, i get this out of an 06' in the salvage yard! Yo-this is getting creepy, lol ;
            20200728_111548.jpg[/I]

If i'm to stay within Grassroots Motorsports Challenge 2000 budget, i think i'll convert to turbo, possibly upgrade the injectors and intercooler, and boost to 15psi (stock ECU can handle15psi, right?). I had a buddy who handles engine management for a "Big 3" who's said I'm good to go with 13.4 @ WOT! I'll eventually ask for that base map, dough'-just after the event, which is in late October! ;-)

Comment

WOW-REALLY"!!! You get a SAAB, i get this out of an 06' in the salvage yard! Yo-this is getting creepy, lol ;
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]21473[/ATTACH][/I]

If i'm to stay within Grassroots Motorsports Challenge 2000 budget, i think i'll convert to turbo, possibly upgrade the injectors and intercooler, and boost to 15psi (stock ECU can handle15psi, right?). I had a buddy who handles engine management for a "Big 3" who's said I'm good to go with 13.4 @ WOT! I'll eventually ask for that base map, dough'-just after the event, which is in late October! ;-)
              Thats the exact turbo I have! just a lil creepy lol. That turbo is good for around 350-400 btw.

If you are staying stock ecu hit up @ndrmini on instagram. He tunes the stock ECUs.

Comment

UPDATE:

so planned 5 speed from euro 250 diesel fell through (port to port shipping and customs is a PITA) butt.....

I found a 5 speed from an slk230 semi local that I will be recieveing Tuesday! This truly is a world build:

Transmission from Kentucky
                Shifter and linkages from Pennsylvania
                Pedals from Norway
                Clutch from Germany

Clutch combo i found from a UK M111 club. Apparently the setup is to do a early to mid 80s M102 single mass flywheel, with a clutch disk from an Audi TTRS, and an HD pressure plate for the M102 direct from Valeo. Good for 700nm aka 500 ftlbs....

Pics when parts come in.

Thanks for the support everyone!
                Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 08-21-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Big progress!

Got my trans and its in great shape, the shifter assembly with linkages also came in. Wildest part is that a shifter from 1999 literally bolted in place in a car from 1986. Man I love mercedes. I need to trim the shift boot area a little but not much.

Pedals and clutch stuff on the way

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
                    Hey! Pinout has already been shared. Why do you need a new valve cover? I am using the one that came with my engine with some audi R8 coils no problemo. What crank trigger are you using?
                    Yes I did see the pinouts. Great work documenting.
                    Im swapping my valve cover for the updated version to run the individual Benz coils as they bolt into the valve cover. My earlier generation m111k engine only uses 2 coils, after 2001 they went to 4 coils.
                    Are the R8 coils much better??
                    I'm going to use stock crank trigger, engine right now is still on the factory ECU. Would like to use the stock sensor for pick up on the rusEFI.
                    I did buy the rusEFI.. collecting my parts to do my swap to stand alone! I think I have everything I need now. Just don't have enough time....

UPDATE:
                    I found a 6 speed from an slk230 semi local that I will be recieveing Tuesday! This truly is a world build:

Transmission from Kentucky
                    Shifter and linkages from Pennsylvania
                    Pedals from Norway
                    Clutch from Germany

Clutch combo i found from a UK M111 club. Apparently the setup is to do a early to mid 80s M102 single mass flywheel, with a clutch disk from an Audi TTRS, and an HD pressure plate for the M102 direct from Valeo. Good for 700nm aka 500 ftlbs....
                    Do you have any part numbers to put this flywheel, clutch and pressure plate together? I tried to search, but couldn't find the uk forum.
                    I was going to seriously look into the rennsport single mass/clutch kit for my r170 6 speed swap. Probably the best route to go. Pricey, but they developed the whole kite, so should work well. I'm pretty sure my 6 speed is out of an 04 SLK230K. It's been so long sitting in my garage I don't remember any more! One day it will go in my car.

Big progress!

Got my trans and its in great shape, the shifter assembly with linkages also came in. Wildest part is that a shifter from 1999 literally bolted in place in a car from 1986. Man I love mercedes. I need to trim the shift boot area a little but not much.

Pedals and clutch stuff on the way

Looking good man. These older benz's and parts are much more interchangeable across chassis's compared to the newer ones!
                    Anyways, keep it up.
                    [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
                    [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

Anyways, keep it up.
                      Hey man, so just to make sure you know, I got the 5 speed from the older SLK230. It allowed me to bolt in everything since its the same essential design mercedes used forever.

As far as clutch that plan changed too. Theres a company in the UK that makes single mass conversions for these transmissions (yours too) since they were used in a diesel application there.

The kit is like 200 usd, which is awesome (comes with flywheel, disk, pp, bearing) but they dont ship to the usa. Ive got some mates over there willing to post it to me here. If you want to go that route let me know.

Also another M111 swapped 190e is running rusEFI now making progress
                      Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 08-21-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Hey man, so just to make sure you know, I got the 5 speed from the older SLK230. It allowed me to bolt in everything since its the same essential design mercedes used forever.

As far as clutch that plan changed too. Theres a company in the UK that makes single mass conversions for these transmissions (yours too) since they were used in a diesel application there.

The kit is like 200 usd, which is awesome (comes with flywheel, disk, pp, bearing) but they dont ship to the usa. Ive got some mates over there willing to post it to me here. If you want to go that route let me know.

Also another M111 swapped 190e is running rusEFI now making progress
                        Hummm, you got me thinking; maybe I should pull that 6-speed out of a Sport Coupe sitting in the salvage yard! I ended up contacting @ndrmini and he's running one and you can clearly see an improvement with the 6-speed.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this build thread!

Comment

Hummm, you got me thinking; maybe I should pull that 6-speed out of a Sport Coupe sitting in the salvage yard! I ended up contacting @ndrmini and he's running one and you can clearly see an improvement with the 6-speed.
                            you absolutely should!

Originally posted by Deutschland201 View Post
                            Thank you for sharing this build thread!
                            Of course! Feel free to ask any questions

Comment

Update:

Still waiting on parts from europe (clutch setup) but in the meantime started a youtube channel (Ive wanted to do this for a long time) and have a sweet space for making vids (urban building, pretty much just me in it)

feel free to check it out. Lots of 190e content going to be on there, as well as features of friends cars (hx35 ranger 2.3, s14 ka24det, nismo rs juke, terminator, lowboi e28, stancy ls400) and theres a local touge run that im going to make all of them run and have a leader board lol

Comment

Hey guys!

So the last parts I needed have been ordered! My clutch setup! I have met some really aweomse british blokes through facebook that have found an awesome setup that works perfect with the M111.

In europe, a lot of sprinters used the M111, and had dual mass flywheel issues. So much so that companies make single mass conversions.

I can get the flywheel (which has the correct crank trigger), pressure plate and disk, shipped to the us, for around 300 usd. Which is amazing!

The blokes over there running this setup have made 300ish on the stock setup, and using a TTRS disk, over 400.

Also check the vid. More mercedes content coming in hot in the next week or so.

Oh and finally I am going digital dash! I figured out how to use the CAN outs to an OBD2 port, then have a bluetooth OBD2 connector in there, and now I can use realdash with my car. I will be retrofitting a tablet/phone screen setup into the stock cluster for a nice restomod look.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X