Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: W201 Die Reiser Build

Nicer teaser and all, but other than Touge, I see no left/right turning going on? Whaat? No tracks near you?
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 09-15-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    Nicer teaser and all, but other than Touge, I see no left/right turning going on? Whaat? No tracks near you?
    Hey hey hey now.... I am still learning this video editing thing. We def will be hitting up NCMMSP for the track and autox.

HAHAAA! There you go! Cant be havin' all these German cars and not act like you're a DTM racer!!! LOL! Anxiously awaiting Youtube high-jinx!
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 09-15-2020 at 10:04 AM.

HAHAAA! There you go! Cant be havin' all these German cars and not act like you're a DTM racer!!! LOL! Anxiously awaiting Youtube high-jinx!
    Hoping to have the first vid coming out this weekend review of my mates Juke Nismo RS.

UPDAAAAAAAATE:

I had to be a hotboi (banner sticker says Sausage Delivery - like initial D but german edition lololol)

My clutch setup from the UK got here yesterday! Amazing pricing (300 shipped to the usa for Single Mass Flywheel, disk, pressure plate and hardware).

Here are some pics. Flywheel is on already, and the rest will be going in shortly.

Please excuse the horrible photos lol. Ill get some better ones today.

Also first video review is out

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 09-22-2020 at 09:28 AM.

UPDATE:

Couldnt get my driveshaft extended locally so my british mates are helping out and sending me the front section from a manual car (has the length I need) along with the transmission crossmember.

I did get my clutch line made and bled so now she clutches and shifts getting closer.

Also I installed a set of volvo injectors (flowing around 450cc @4.5 bar) so I should be good fuel wise till I go turbo (going to run a VGT setup controlled by the ECU)

Pics soon

this build is rad, i too want to do an unusual motor swap, so this gives me motivation. please update more lol

Instagram: @half_lung

Nice project! I've been thinking about putting some coils from E36 to my W124 but the main question is.. Does your strut mounts are strong enough to handle stiffness of the coilovers?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_e28 View Post
    Nice project! I've been thinking about putting some coils from E36 to my W124 but the main question is.. Does your strut mounts are strong enough to handle stiffness of the coilovers?
    Yeah just dont be dumb about it. Make sure youre not bottoming out your struts hitting bumpstops or whatever, and your spring rates arent too high, and that you have some tire. I havent had any issues

Haha ok maybe I'll try, for now shortened springs by 2 coils each are ok for daily drive but I will think about some coilover solution in the future, thanks
    Btw. here's my daily car:

I like those wheels. Just send it bro, go e36 coils youll enjoy it

went to IA fall fest in bowling green (where I live)

It was a bunch of fun, and I got to do a lot of tuning. Added some accel enrichment and stuff and shes going real strong (spins all the way through 2nd haha!). I need an LSD. Im still on stock pullies around 7 psi. I also will be making the VVT working soon too.

Nice! Now, I think you said that's a 3-Series bumper? Fitment looks good! I don't know why I thought you were already turbro'ed (brainfarts!). Sounds like that tune is ready for emailing!

Nice! Now, I think you said that's a 3-Series bumper? Fitment looks good! I don't know why I thought you were already turbro'ed (brainfarts!). Sounds like that tune is ready for emailing!
    Yeah ebay special e36 m3. It fits ok. Im on the hunt for a W201 BBS bumper but that will take a while lol. Yeah im still supercharged, turbo later .

Go to rusefi.com/online the tune is uploaded there.

Got tired of the ratchet m3 bumper and found some goodies at the junkyard, and took some pics. Oh also I found the Nardi I have wanted for this car: Gara 3 ALL WOODS

IDK Why it wont let me rotate the steering wheel pic sorry

USDM headlight I snagged for fun for a cold air intake. Fog still works and I wired it to come on with the headlights. Although I plan on just using this light for sunny days and car shows.

Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 11-16-2020 at 08:20 AM.

updates?

Hey!

Not a ton of updates lately. I had one of the VAG coils die on me, and we are buying a house so the car has been chillin. I have a bunch of 2.25" mandrel bends, resonator, v bands etc to make a nice exhaust for it, but its cold AF.

Also....picking up my turbo today...Holset Big H1c (93 intercooled cummins) which is large, but I am going to keep the supercharger to spool. Should be a nice combo. Supercharger being engaged until around 3500 rpm, then turbo takes over on its own. Some tricky bits will be diverting air from the supercharger intake to the turbo, but I think ill use a large electric throttle that has a diverted path. I want as smooth of a transition as possible.

With the stock HG (the only real weakpoint of the M111) ill run around 12-15 psi. Should make around 300ish hp with heaps of tq.

still alive just cold

Stay warm- I'm hearing a lot of friends up north, having a hard time dealing with this- seriously SUX! Was thinking about SC/TC setup, (and got the parts to do it) but decided to just turbo, so I've got another SC bypass (to airbox) I'm not using if you're thinking of going in that direction.

Stay warm- I'm hearing a lot of friends up north, having a hard time dealing with this- seriously SUX! Was thinking about SC/TC setup, (and got the parts to do it) but decided to just turbo, so I've got another SC bypass (to airbox) I'm not using if you're thinking of going in that direction.
    That would actually be perfect....

Quote Originally Posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
    That would actually be perfect....
    PM me and let me know what you want to do then.....

This build is by far my fav 190e build I have seen. The swap is amazing and affordable choice. Id def o this path if i ever get a 190

Quote Originally Posted by drop tuck n' roll View Post
    This build is by far my fav 190e build I have seen. The swap is amazing and affordable choice. Id def o this path if i ever get a 190
    Thanks man!

I have some big things coming for it once my house closes and such stay tuned

Happy Sunday!

In process of packing up to move, but found some time to do work on the 190e. The rear suspension bushings were trash so I headed to rock auto and picked up some new arms (6 in total) for 60 shipped LOL (not oem quality im sure but hella better than the 35 year old garbage.

Once on (some were easy, others a total PITA) I borrowed my buddies Paco Motorsports Alignment plates (amazing stuff)

Alignment specs:

Front: -2.5 deg camber, .1 deg toe in
    Rear: -2.0 deg camber, .2 deg toe in

I also drilled new holes for the E36 camber plates so they adjust perpendicular to the car. Before in the 190e holes, they reduced caster as I added camber (ew gross yuck)

I got my caster back, and it drives so much better (was 0 deg toe before becuase racecar, but that sucks on a freeway) Just a smidge of scrub in the front left (telling me to loose this winter weight )

Also I got tired of my half assd exhaust (the front half was nice but I ran out of 2.25" pipe and used 1.5 (ew). It was also 1 piece.

Its now 3 section (with 2 v bands) all mandrel bends, and I added a resonator to hopefully get rid of the drone at hwy speeds I have. It will get all redone when I go turbo for 3" but now I have a template to build off of for that, that I really like.

yes welds are ugly, no they dont leak, (flux core mig) 3" turbo one will be tigged. Clearance so far seems good (no scraping or rubbing)

Import alliance in bowling green ky (where I live) is coming up in a few weeks, I plan on fixing a bunch of smaller things ahead of that (repaint door handles and front bumper, find new rear bumper, make center caps, yellow headlight film, give her a good wash, etc)

Ill update as I can.

also, in april/may the twincharge setup will be starting
    Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 03-14-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Time to make shit happen

Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 04-23-2021 at 03:26 PM.