Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W201 Die Reiser Build

Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    Well, that quickened escalately
    In for swap with standalone ecu
    Haha I know right? It is the best solution. Complete control, and RusEFI Micro has e throttle control and is very budget friendly, and fully open source.

It will be here beginning of next week, hope you guys are cool with nerding out (touchscreen gauges custom fit to stock gauge cluster, bluetooth enabled, launch control etc....)

Quote Originally Posted by mgpdoc View Post
    Saw a similar model on youtube with the swap, that was then complimented with a nice turbo.
    Yea its a sweet build, lots of similarities, but I want to push the SC to see what it can really do (with good porting, fueling, meth injection or e85)

Quote Originally Posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
    ...hope you guys are cool with nerding out (touchscreen gauges custom fit to stock gauge cluster,
    bluetooth enabled, launch control etc....)
    Totally cool with nerding out.
    Make sure to make yourself a very good documentation like wiring diagrams, sensor calibrations, part numbers of stuff you use.
    You'll bite yourself if something fails after a year.., having to figure everything out again. Save everything on your pc but also
    print it out. Proper automotive connectors, like metri pack, amp or deutsch.

Putting a car on a standalone can be very devastating, i needed two weeks to figure out why my timing light wasn't working with the
    new ecu, but doing fine with the factory one... don't let that get to you.

Good luck!
    Last edited by OrangeBlue; 04-01-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeBlue View Post
    Totally cool with nerding out.
    Make sure to make yourself a very good documentation like wiring diagrams, sensor calibrations, part numbers of stuff you use.
    You'll bite yourself if something fails after a year.., having to figure everything out again. Save everything on your pc but also
    print it out. Proper automotive connectors, like metri pack, amp or deutsch.

Putting a car on a standalone can be very devastating, i needed two weeks to figure out why my timing light wasn't working with the
    new ecu, but doing fine with the factory one... don't let that get to you.

Good luck!
    Thanks man! This isnt my first rodeo, but ill be sure to document everything so those that come after have it easier. The M111 is like the unknown cheaper option to a k swap. Already set for rwd, boost friendly compression. Its a sweet setup, and no one has really tested the limits.

hotboi mods. AKA galaxy pants valve cover edition:

UPDATE:

been working on the adapter harness for the standalone, along with making the basemap. Got everything working (electric throttle included!!!!)

"testing mode"

"slightly cleaned up, will sleeve when all done

I love nice wires. Engine has audi coil on plug now

UPDATE: Engine swap has begun! hoping to have it all bolted in this weekend.

Pics of random things...

Engine Arms from Norway which let me bolt the M111 into my chassis no mods needed.

RusEFI ECU:

Teaser proof that it actually will run lolololololol

Ready and waiting:

UPDATE: IT RUNS IN THE CAR!

video soon

Nice

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Heres a vid of startup. Idle was high just in the ETB settings so thats what im doing at the start.

rusEFI is the best. Someone here should try it out.

Consider me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedRotors View Post
    Consider me intrigued.
    :p any questions?

14. Default

subscribed.

So making more progress, Uni filters came in so got the intake made up, and have been working on a bumper solution that fits the intercooler.

Rumor had it that an E36 M3 bumper could fit, so I said F it and ordered an ebay special. Turns out the rumors were right I still need to do some more trimming, and paint when I have it how I want, but I like the "base model" look of it right now haha.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 05-19-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Attached Images Attached Images