W201 Die Reiser Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE:

The M102 is an ok lil motor, but I need inline 5 or 6 sounds. Help me choose my junkyard engine love affair

2JZGE from a gs300, maybe using the auto for simplicity, maybe using bmw getrag 5 speed for the poon

BMW M50/M52 with OEM Getrag 5 speed. The Mercedes forums would **** me :0

Volvo Whiteblock 5 or 6 cylinder because I want to pretend I am going to gatebil

Mercedes M111 Supercharged 4 cylinder because I can get mounts from a euro w124 and my stock shitty 4 speed auto bolts to it. Easiest way to 200ish hp. But boring

K swap

If you think of other options I am open to it. I can and like doing fab, as long as its reasonable lol. The swap will be happening over the next months. If I can get a whole car I will.

Comment

I'd do an LFX swap on that thing. All others are either done or boring in a W124 IMO. Or an Alfa Romeo v6, they sound SICK.
      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
        I'd do an LFX swap on that thing. All others are either done or boring in a W124 IMO. Or an Alfa Romeo v6, they sound SICK.
        I want to stay away from any v engines because the steering box is in the way.

Maybe im boring, but I am picking up a 2000 slk230 (M111 Supercharged 2.3) for 450 bucks this weekend. It will be bolted to a w58 manual transmission and be twincharged (stock supercharger feeding the turbo inlet until 3000 rpm then rpm switch to open electric throttle for turbo to breathe around it, all through speeduino)

Oh shes lower now too. I cut 50mm from the front E36 strut mounting body and dropped her down. I also scooped some period correct Centra Type 11s, 15x7 ET28. I think a 10mm spacer in the rear would be perfect.

Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 03-17-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Update of the build no one cares about lol.

I have aquired the slk230 and did a nice lil roasty burnout to make sure it worked. It does. It has some intake on it and a full jdm style exhaust with a real apexi cannon muf. I am going to keep it because I love mixing German/Japanese style.

The engine in the slk specs wise is pretty awesome. 2.3 liters, fully forged internals, wasted spark coil on plug (like an evo 8), boosted,

Here are some pics of things

fukk

The whole squad (ranger has a he351 boosted 2.3 running 17 lbs )

Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 03-22-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Nice, looks like that will be fun after the swap. Cant wait to watch the progress on it.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Feel like it needs atleast some 17s. Engine swap will be interesting for sure.
              E34 build thread link
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
              e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                Nice, looks like that will be fun after the swap. Cant wait to watch the progress on it.
                Thanks yeah! Ill be porting the SC, making my own tune etc.. From everything ive seen from the Norwegien and Polish boys, that should be around 240whp/260wtq. Double where I am at now.

Originally posted by Graphitemk6 View Post
                Feel like it needs atleast some 17s. Engine swap will be interesting for sure.
                Yeah originally that was the plan, but these Centras fell into my lap and I had to try them out. I am hunting for center caps still, and with 15s I can go lower Yeah the M111 is an interesting engine for sure.

Comment

Just Ordered my Standalone EFI, RusEFI Micro. Cant Wait

Comment

Well, that quickened escalately
                    In for swap with standalone ecu
                    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Saw a similar model on youtube with the swap, that was then complimented with a nice turbo.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                        Well, that quickened escalately
                        In for swap with standalone ecu
                        Haha I know right? It is the best solution. Complete control, and RusEFI Micro has e throttle control and is very budget friendly, and fully open source.

It will be here beginning of next week, hope you guys are cool with nerding out (touchscreen gauges custom fit to stock gauge cluster, bluetooth enabled, launch control etc....)

Originally posted by mgpdoc View Post
                        Saw a similar model on youtube with the swap, that was then complimented with a nice turbo.
                        Yea its a sweet build, lots of similarities, but I want to push the SC to see what it can really do (with good porting, fueling, meth injection or e85)

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
                          ...hope you guys are cool with nerding out (touchscreen gauges custom fit to stock gauge cluster,
                          bluetooth enabled, launch control etc....)
                          Totally cool with nerding out.
                          Make sure to make yourself a very good documentation like wiring diagrams, sensor calibrations, part numbers of stuff you use.
                          You'll bite yourself if something fails after a year.., having to figure everything out again. Save everything on your pc but also
                          print it out. Proper automotive connectors, like metri pack, amp or deutsch.

Putting a car on a standalone can be very devastating, i needed two weeks to figure out why my timing light wasn't working with the
                          new ecu, but doing fine with the factory one... don't let that get to you.

Good luck!
                          Last edited by OrangeBlue; 04-01-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                            Totally cool with nerding out.
                            Make sure to make yourself a very good documentation like wiring diagrams, sensor calibrations, part numbers of stuff you use.
                            You'll bite yourself if something fails after a year.., having to figure everything out again. Save everything on your pc but also
                            print it out. Proper automotive connectors, like metri pack, amp or deutsch.

Putting a car on a standalone can be very devastating, i needed two weeks to figure out why my timing light wasn't working with the
                            new ecu, but doing fine with the factory one... don't let that get to you.

Good luck!
                            Thanks man! This isnt my first rodeo, but ill be sure to document everything so those that come after have it easier. The M111 is like the unknown cheaper option to a k swap. Already set for rwd, boost friendly compression. Its a sweet setup, and no one has really tested the limits.

Comment

hotboi mods. AKA galaxy pants valve cover edition:

Comment

UPDATE:

been working on the adapter harness for the standalone, along with making the basemap. Got everything working (electric throttle included!!!!)

"testing mode"

"slightly cleaned up, will sleeve when all done

I love nice wires. Engine has audi coil on plug now

Comment

Working...
                                X