Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W201 Die Reiser Build

Hi All!

I recently aquired a 1987 190e 2.3 M102 Auto. Its in great shape and my goals for the build are low, wheels, nardi wood, and a system. She already has euro headlamps and I am on the hunt for a Heckblende for the rear.

From research, ill be going with E36 coilovers, and I will do a DIY to make it clear because the thread on here is hot garbage lol.

Wheels I am still searching but I am ok with reps if they are period correct (gottis, ARE, etc...)

Attached Files

The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) later affirmed the framework. Toward the start, everybody knew the framework as Swift Code, yet it was institutionalized as BIC or Business Identifier Codes. Both the terms are utilized today and they mean precisely the equivalent. Here and there individuals allude to the code framework as Business Entity Identifier or BEI too. https://theroutingnumbersguide.com/

Comment

Looks like a decently clean base to start with
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
        Looks like a decently clean base to start with
        Thanks!

coilovers just came in, and Ill do a write up on them. If any of the springs dont work out...im a spring product engineer and can make whatever is needed happen .

Pics soon!

Comment

IMG_0254.jpg

shitty maxxpeedingrods e36 coils about to get hacked up to work

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
            Hi All!

I recently aquired a 1987 190e 2.3 M102 Auto. Its in great shape and my goals for the build are low, wheels, nardi wood, and a system. She already has euro headlamps and I am on the hunt for a Heckblende for the rear.

From research on site, ill be going with E36 coilovers, and I will do a DIY to make it clear because the thread on here is hot garbage lol.

Wheels I am still searching but I am ok with reps if they are period correct (gottis, ARE, etc...)

What engine do you have? Is the 8-liter variant of the M102 family developed on the basis of the 2.0-liter M102 E20?

Comment

Originally posted by BrentBauer View Post
              What engine do you have? Is the 8-liter variant of the M102 family developed on the basis of the 2.0-liter M102 E20?
              Huh? I have the 2.3 sohc M102. 1987 was the first year of the higher hp (130?) variant. I dont know much beyond that.

Comment

So I have the front E36 Coilovers in the car. DAMN the information on installing these is so lacking. Ill make a full DIY in another post but heres what you need to do to make them work.

Notch out your mounting holes. The E36 ones are slightly smaller bolt circle than the 190E. Yes I know this isnt ideal, and ill be making camber plate mounts that are correct for the 190E (ill be making a full E36 to 190E coilover conversion kit)

Then take your E36 coil bodies and chop off the top mounting bracket. It isnt used. Make it as nice or ghetto as you want. I just primered mine for now.

The spot where the old spring sat needs to be "clearanced" a bit. Take your favorite hammer and get some anger out of your system.

Now its time to bolt this Sh1t up. There are 3 bolts. Do the lower 2 first (leave them loose) then slam the top bolt in with a hammer and ugga dugga them bishes.

Rears coming soon. Also if these freaking pics dont embed and make you click imma be heated.

Also I need to lower it more...

TTFN
                Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 02-13-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Ill be doing the rears this weekend, you want to be able to adjust camber, so making these arms is the way to go. Found out parts needed from an old mercedes 190e thread on here actually.

Comment

Hey All! Rear is now done! I used the parts that came in the maxxpeedingrods e36 coilovers kit, sans springs.

You use the stock springs, and cut them shorter. I cut 4 coils off from the LOWER end. DO NOT cut from the upper, tappered end. That is where the adjustment perch sits. Keep the rubber isolator in the upper mount area.
                    For the shock, remove the e36 upper mount, and put the stock 190E rubber bushing on it, and the washer on the top side needs to be opened up as the E36 strut rod is 2mm bigger. For the lower mount, it is 5mm wider than the 190E. Remove 2.5 ish from each side. I am using the adjustable camber arms that another thread linked parts to on Speedway. They worked perfectly.

and the final result. Currently at 61mm fender to floor all around. No rubs or scrubs. Once I get proper wheels ill set the height better.

Specs:

Front Toe = 0
                    Front Camber = -2.5 degs
                    Rear Toe = 1 degree in
                    Rear Camber = -2.0 degs

Comment

No one likes my build lollllll. I need to step up my game and get some rare wheels now.

Comment

Do it, why wait?
                        How do you like the ride quality on those max speeding rods? I didn't like it on an e30 and on my mk3 golf, maybe they work better in the w124?
                        "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                        Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
                          No one likes my build lollllll. I need to step up my game and get some rare wheels now.
                          First post with lame pic pissed me off, so I wrote it off as a dud.

Coming back now, things are looking much more interesting. Good on you for making a better write-up on the coilover adaptation. A DTM inspired 190e has been on my "cars to build someday" list for some time now. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Comment

Those front upper mounts scare me, but good job so far on doing the conversion. Ill be watching to see how this progresses.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                              Do it, why wait?
                              How do you like the ride quality on those max speeding rods? I didn't like it on an e30 and on my mk3 golf, maybe they work better in the w124?
                              Not as awful as I expected? On ebay they said they are 8k FR and RR, I havent confirmed this but they do feel on the softer side. I think 9 or 10k may be better up front, im getting a batch of stuff from swift (since I need shorter springs in the front to go lower anyways) and ill test and report

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                              First post with lame pic pissed me off, so I wrote it off as a dud.

Coming back now, things are looking much more interesting. Good on you for making a better write-up on the coilover adaptation. A DTM inspired 190e has been on my "cars to build someday" list for some time now. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.
                              Yeah IDKWTF happened there. Felt like I was posting in 2005 lol. My bad. Photobucket being a d#$% has made things trickier. I use flikr now but open to other hosting sites. Yeah IDK if I am going DTM or maybe more "slippery bar of soap" I am hunting on ebay.de for neat aftermarket wings and whatnot. I think that could be more fun, make it like mercedes version of an MtechI or II kit? Thanks

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              Those front upper mounts scare me, but good job so far on doing the conversion. Ill be watching to see how this progresses.
                              Yeah ditto. Short term solution. I dont like the position of the camber plates (adjusts both caster and camber when moving them lol, So I plan on redrilling, and adding a reinforcement plate on the topside. Ill post that here too.

Comment

Working...
                              X