W201 Die Reiser Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    This is SOOO what I want to do! That 2.3 Kompressor seemed perfectly suited for turbocharging, and the RusEFI developer is all over Grassroots Motorsports forums!
    Are you using Tuner Studio? Has the board stayed stable? Will you be providing details on your wiring process?

haha do it! It really is perfect for boost. Its like a cheaper K24 and has forged internals ready to rock. Yeah I am a part of the team now, Andrey is a great guy. I am using TS, with the rusEFI specific build. Works great. No issues with my board at all. If you want me to do a write up on the wiring I can. I have an excel sheet with the pinout to adapt to Micro rusEFI also.

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
      haha do it! It really is perfect for boost. Its like a cheaper K24 and has forged internals ready to rock. Yeah I am a part of the team now, Andrey is a great guy. I am using TS, with the rusEFI specific build. Works great. No issues with my board at all. If you want me to do a write up on the wiring I can. I have an excel sheet with the pinout to adapt to Micro rusEFI also.
      ...uuuuuh, HELL YEAH, we want a wiring write-up/pinout info, lol! Also, any idea what these engines can produce, horsepower-wise?
      Last edited by 2GRX7; 06-11-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

...uuuuuh, HELL YEAH, we want a wiring write-up/pinout info, lol! Also, any idea what these engines can produce, horsepower-wise?
        HAHA ok ok, ill put something together. Most people turbocharging these are in europe and making 400 reliably, and some more than that. We need more data, and I plan on finding the stock internals limits later on haha

Comment

HAHA ok ok, ill put something together. Most people turbocharging these are in europe and making 400 reliably, and some more than that. We need more data, and I plan on finding the stock internals limits later on haha
          Nice! Subscribed!!!

Comment

Soooo, any updates?

Comment

LOL sorry I didnt die. Work and such has been wild. Does anyone know how to attach a google sheets file to a forum post? That would help a lot.

Comment

It's all good! Have no clue on Google Sheets-sucks you can't just, "insert image"... Question for you though. I've got a 99' slk230 that I'm entering in Grassroots Motorsports' 2000 Challenge. the 230 cost $1k: 800 for the car $200 to replace a destroyed wheel. I've got a "K" left to make it competitive. Engine-wise, I'm thinking of going this direction;

OPTION 1
                1. Stock ECU, no mods
                2. mb-motorsports CLK Pulley kit
                3. Siemens (or compatible) 330 injectors (Max ECU can handle 15-20% over stock)
                4.M113 Throttle body
                5. MAF relocation
                6. Ported Eaton M45 SC
                7. 2 steps colder spark plugs (NGK BKR8E-11)
                Haven't listed everything-just basics

OR

OPTION 2
                Twin-charge
                1. RusEFI
                2. OEM Supercharger (Low-mid rpm boost)
                3. Cheap CXRacing turbo (mid-high rpm boost)
                4. 440 Siemens injectors
                5. Cheap two inlet to one outlet intercooler
                6. Used OEM Flapper/Actuators controlled by Arduino

Obviously option 1 is cheaper to accomplish, and leaves a lot more in the budget to do other performance modifications, but in the end, I'd like to make sure I'm seeing that magical, 10lbs to 1hp ratio! Any an all thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

It's all good! Have no clue on Google Sheets-sucks you can't just, "insert image"... Question for you though. I've got a 99' slk230 that I'm entering in Grassroots Motorsports' 2000 Challenge. the 230 cost $1k: 800 for the car $200 to replace a destroyed wheel. I've got a "K" left to make it competitive. Engine-wise, I'm thinking of going this direction;

OPTION 1
                  1. Stock ECU, no mods
                  2. mb-motorsports CLK Pulley kit
                  3. Siemens (or compatible) 330 injectors (Max ECU can handle 15-20% over stock)
                  4.M113 Throttle body
                  5. MAF relocation
                  6. Ported Eaton M45 SC
                  7. 2 steps colder spark plugs (NGK BKR8E-11)
                  Haven't listed everything-just basics

OR

OPTION 2
                  Twin-charge
                  1. RusEFI
                  2. OEM Supercharger (Low-mid rpm boost)
                  3. Cheap CXRacing turbo (mid-high rpm boost)
                  4. 440 Siemens injectors
                  5. Cheap two inlet to one outlet intercooler
                  6. Used OEM Flapper/Actuators controlled by Arduino

Obviously option 1 is cheaper to accomplish, and leaves a lot more in the budget to do other performance modifications, but in the end, I'd like to make sure I'm seeing that magical, 10lbs to 1hp ratio! Any an all thoughts are appreciated.

Just FYI oem air fuels are really lean (13.4 at WOT) so be careful there. Also your 99 should have the M62 not the M45, the M45 is hot garbage.

Option 2 is what I am doing after the manual conversion.

Comment

13.4 WOT???!!!! LOL-looks like i'll need that RusEFI sooner, rather than later! OOH, Found your log on RusEFI. MORE PLEASE!

Comment

13.4 WOT???!!!! LOL-looks like i'll need that RusEFI sooner, rather than later! OOH, Found your log on RusEFI. MORE PLEASE!
                      Take this with a grain of salt

Sheet1 NEED,Total Wires Needed To "Run" MAYBE,NEED FOR RUSEFI,NEED FOR RUSEFI,NEED FOR RUSEFI,NEED FOR RUSEFI,NEED FOR RUSEFI,NEED FOR RUSEFI DONT "NEED" BUT NICE,NEED,4,NEED,1,NEED,10,NEED,5,NEED,25,NEED,6 MAYBE,MAYBE,MAYBE,MAYBE,2,MAYBE,MAYBE Pin Number,Name,Type ID,Default function,Connecto...

Comment

Soo, GOLD, or Fools' Gold? F' it - GOOOOOLLD! LOL Thx! Yeah, I will research on my own-just in case! This makes life a heluva lot easier!

Comment

Soo, GOLD, or Fools' Gold? F' it - GOOOOOLLD! LOL Thx! Yeah, I will research on my own-just in case! This makes life a heluva lot easier!
                          hahaha yea! Just so you understand how I laid it out: there are the 6 factory harness plugs that are labeled KA KB KC KD KE KF. Before chopping those, label each wire as I marked, so you know which to keep and which to toss, then reterminate into the micro rusefi harness to the pins as shown, or whatever ones you want it to be. Should be pretty straight forward.

Comment

Got it. LOVE THIS!!! Will do! Thank you! After that, it looks like i'll be spending a bit of time on the RusEFI forums.

Comment

Got it. LOVE THIS!!! Will do! Thank you! After that, it looks like i'll be spending a bit of time on the RusEFI forums.
                              The forums kinda suck, get on the rusefi slack for quick responses to any questions, and the github for the wiki and detailed information.

Comment

The forums kinda suck, get on the rusefi slack for quick responses to any questions, and the github for the wiki and detailed information.
                                Will do! Oh, and check your PMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X