X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates?

Comment

Hey!

Not a ton of updates lately. I had one of the VAG coils die on me, and we are buying a house so the car has been chillin. I have a bunch of 2.25" mandrel bends, resonator, v bands etc to make a nice exhaust for it, but its cold AF.

Also....picking up my turbo today...Holset Big H1c (93 intercooled cummins) which is large, but I am going to keep the supercharger to spool. Should be a nice combo. Supercharger being engaged until around 3500 rpm, then turbo takes over on its own. Some tricky bits will be diverting air from the supercharger intake to the turbo, but I think ill use a large electric throttle that has a diverted path. I want as smooth of a transition as possible.

With the stock HG (the only real weakpoint of the M111) ill run around 12-15 psi. Should make around 300ish hp with heaps of tq.

Comment

still alive just cold

Attached Files

Comment

Stay warm- I'm hearing a lot of friends up north, having a hard time dealing with this- seriously SUX! Was thinking about SC/TC setup, (and got the parts to do it) but decided to just turbo, so I've got another SC bypass (to airbox) I'm not using if you're thinking of going in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
            Stay warm- I'm hearing a lot of friends up north, having a hard time dealing with this- seriously SUX! Was thinking about SC/TC setup, (and got the parts to do it) but decided to just turbo, so I've got another SC bypass (to airbox) I'm not using if you're thinking of going in that direction.
            That would actually be perfect....

Comment

Originally posted by Duhafnusa4 View Post
              That would actually be perfect....
              PM me and let me know what you want to do then.....

Comment

This build is by far my fav 190e build I have seen. The swap is amazing and affordable choice. Id def o this path if i ever get a 190

Comment

Originally posted by drop tuck n' roll View Post
                  This build is by far my fav 190e build I have seen. The swap is amazing and affordable choice. Id def o this path if i ever get a 190
                  Thanks man!

I have some big things coming for it once my house closes and such stay tuned

Comment

Happy Sunday!

In process of packing up to move, but found some time to do work on the 190e. The rear suspension bushings were trash so I headed to rock auto and picked up some new arms (6 in total) for 60 shipped LOL (not oem quality im sure but hella better than the 35 year old garbage.

Once on (some were easy, others a total PITA) I borrowed my buddies Paco Motorsports Alignment plates (amazing stuff)

Alignment specs:

Front: -2.5 deg camber, .1 deg toe in
                    Rear: -2.0 deg camber, .2 deg toe in

I also drilled new holes for the E36 camber plates so they adjust perpendicular to the car. Before in the 190e holes, they reduced caster as I added camber (ew gross yuck)

I got my caster back, and it drives so much better (was 0 deg toe before becuase racecar, but that sucks on a freeway) Just a smidge of scrub in the front left (telling me to loose this winter weight )

Also I got tired of my half assd exhaust (the front half was nice but I ran out of 2.25" pipe and used 1.5 (ew). It was also 1 piece.

Its now 3 section (with 2 v bands) all mandrel bends, and I added a resonator to hopefully get rid of the drone at hwy speeds I have. It will get all redone when I go turbo for 3" but now I have a template to build off of for that, that I really like.

yes welds are ugly, no they dont leak, (flux core mig) 3" turbo one will be tigged. Clearance so far seems good (no scraping or rubbing)

Import alliance in bowling green ky (where I live) is coming up in a few weeks, I plan on fixing a bunch of smaller things ahead of that (repaint door handles and front bumper, find new rear bumper, make center caps, yellow headlight film, give her a good wash, etc)

Ill update as I can.

also, in april/may the twincharge setup will be starting
                    Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 03-14-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Time to make shit happen

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 04-23-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Update:

I have been working on my twincharging, originally I was going to use the stock manifold and modify for the turbo flange, but the stock manifold is garbage and the flow is trash. I ended up buying some sch10 weld els and Ts and made my own log, with a massive 60mm HKS knockoff (with real HKS diaphragm and such). Fitment was tricky but I have room for my 3" downpipe, supercharger intake, turbo intake, bypass, wastegate, and still some left over for heat management. LOL

I also got a "new" untouched engine harness, and I am shaving the bay of all unneeded wiring. MY ECU will be the new RusEFI Hellen (built in wideband, ETB control, knock etc....) that has the Mercedes 128 pin plug built in. AKA Plug and Play baby. Just needs a subharness for my additional sensors (running 3 map sensors, wideband, coil on plug, egt, etc...).
                        Pics of the progress in the next post.

Comment

• IMG_9130.jpg
                          IMG_9207.jpg
                          IMG_9209.jpg
                          IMG_9224.jpg
                          IMG_9260.jpg
                          Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 05-03-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• You're killing me on the pic-tease!
                            Last edited by 2GRX7; 05-03-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Im not dead

Ive been working diligently with the rusEFI team for the mercedes M111/M112 PNP Hellen ECU!

I have mine and will be installing it soon. In the meantime I have been building my digital dash. Heres a garbage video of first start up. I will be reducing start up time and having TunerStudio start automatically and have a nicer display. Also it connects and controls the ECU!

Comment

• project isnt dead, just building a Turbo M111 W124 for a customer at the same time LOL.

updates will be back soon

Comment

Working...
                                X