No announcement yet.

W201 Die Reiser Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicer teaser and all, but other than Touge, I see no left/right turning going on? Whaat? No tracks near you?
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 09-15-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2GRX7 View Post
      Nicer teaser and all, but other than Touge, I see no left/right turning going on? Whaat? No tracks near you?
      Hey hey hey now.... I am still learning this video editing thing. We def will be hitting up NCMMSP for the track and autox.

Comment

HAHAAA! There you go! Cant be havin' all these German cars and not act like you're a DTM racer!!! LOL! Anxiously awaiting Youtube high-jinx!
        Last edited by 2GRX7; 09-15-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

HAHAAA! There you go! Cant be havin' all these German cars and not act like you're a DTM racer!!! LOL! Anxiously awaiting Youtube high-jinx!
          Hoping to have the first vid coming out this weekend review of my mates Juke Nismo RS.

Comment

UPDAAAAAAAATE:

I had to be a hotboi (banner sticker says Sausage Delivery - like initial D but german edition lololol)

My clutch setup from the UK got here yesterday! Amazing pricing (300 shipped to the usa for Single Mass Flywheel, disk, pressure plate and hardware).

Here are some pics. Flywheel is on already, and the rest will be going in shortly.

Please excuse the horrible photos lol. Ill get some better ones today.

Also first video review is out

Attached Files
            Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 09-22-2020, 09:28 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:

Couldnt get my driveshaft extended locally so my british mates are helping out and sending me the front section from a manual car (has the length I need) along with the transmission crossmember.

I did get my clutch line made and bled so now she clutches and shifts getting closer.

Also I installed a set of volvo injectors (flowing around 450cc @4.5 bar) so I should be good fuel wise till I go turbo (going to run a VGT setup controlled by the ECU)

Pics soon

Comment

this build is rad, i too want to do an unusual motor swap, so this gives me motivation. please update more lol

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Nice project! I've been thinking about putting some coils from E36 to my W124 but the main question is.. Does your strut mounts are strong enough to handle stiffness of the coilovers?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by matthew_e28 View Post
                    Nice project! I've been thinking about putting some coils from E36 to my W124 but the main question is.. Does your strut mounts are strong enough to handle stiffness of the coilovers?
                    Yeah just dont be dumb about it. Make sure youre not bottoming out your struts hitting bumpstops or whatever, and your spring rates arent too high, and that you have some tire. I havent had any issues

Comment

Haha ok maybe I'll try, for now shortened springs by 2 coils each are ok for daily drive but I will think about some coilover solution in the future, thanks
                      Btw. here's my daily car:

Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

I like those wheels. Just send it bro, go e36 coils youll enjoy it

Comment

went to IA fall fest in bowling green (where I live)

It was a bunch of fun, and I got to do a lot of tuning. Added some accel enrichment and stuff and shes going real strong (spins all the way through 2nd haha!). I need an LSD. Im still on stock pullies around 7 psi. I also will be making the VVT working soon too.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice! Now, I think you said that's a 3-Series bumper? Fitment looks good! I don't know why I thought you were already turbro'ed (brainfarts!). Sounds like that tune is ready for emailing!

Comment

Nice! Now, I think you said that's a 3-Series bumper? Fitment looks good! I don't know why I thought you were already turbro'ed (brainfarts!). Sounds like that tune is ready for emailing!
                              Yeah ebay special e36 m3. It fits ok. Im on the hunt for a W201 BBS bumper but that will take a while lol. Yeah im still supercharged, turbo later .

Go to rusefi.com/online the tune is uploaded there.

Comment

Got tired of the ratchet m3 bumper and found some goodies at the junkyard, and took some pics. Oh also I found the Nardi I have wanted for this car: Gara 3 ALL WOODS

IDK Why it wont let me rotate the steering wheel pic sorry

USDM headlight I snagged for fun for a cold air intake. Fog still works and I wired it to come on with the headlights. Although I plan on just using this light for sunny days and car shows.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Duhafnusa4; 11-16-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X