My world is Flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My world is Flat

I previously had a '96 Outback sport but scrapped it because of rust and swore I was done with Subaru's. We all know that's not true. I picked up this '02 GT Limited. No rust which was a great selling point for me.

Previous owner said there was a front axle / differential issue? which I haven't dove into yet and a small titling problem. Both aren't large issues and should be resolved rather quickly.

Plans for the car are generally simple. Some JDM bits, coilovers, wheels and an exhaust. I just want a simple cruiser.

Bad news : Trans is either bad or I have an exploded axle somewhere. Haven't dove into it yet. When in the air and in drive, none of the wheels move and theres a clunking noise coming from the front.

Good News :

I need to find two more with the same specs : 17x9 +45

I figured this would match nicely with the trim in the car.

New BC Coilovers are on their way and the matching RPF1's.

Comment

scrubbed her down a little bit. i really like the color.

Comment

Comment

Not a bad start, love the color. Hope the trans/diff/axle isnt anything major and you get it on the road easily.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Me either. I've got a bunch of things up in the air right now since I ran into a little snag with the title..things are never easy lol

Comment

Love to see cars given a second chance. Makes me a bit nervous that you bought so much for it already without getting the title and axle issue sorted first. You wild,

Comment

I'm 99% positive I can resolve them. If not, have no fear Subarus are like legos so everything can be used on another chassis if it comes to that.

Comment

Bad news. The title situation didn't work in my favor. I'm pretty savvy when it comes to working things out like that but this one kicked my ass. Car leaves tomorrow to lend it's parts to those in need..

The good news is I already have a replacement.

2002 Outback sport. Always wanted a bugeye and its a wagon which is an even bigger bonus. Title actually in hand this time. Coilover situation handled (company let me swap out sets). I can use the Nardi and will move forward with everything else purchased since these things are like legos.

Comment

Ouch that rear fender......sucks about the title issue but glad you got something else so quick and the suspension was easy to swap for this one.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yeah wonderful, typical subaru rust but this is much better than my previous wagon. lol Hoping to have this somewhat decent to cruise down to boxerfest in May.

Comment

Shame about the first, but cool to see it worked out. Love the color on this one too. I've never had a subaru, the boxer reliability has always worried me. But after selling my daily drive FiST recently, the thought of trying one has been pretty tempting. Can't wait to see what's next!

Comment

Reliability has never worried me. I just love the cars because of how much you can do with them. Lift, lower, rwd, etc lol

Comment

me everytime i open this thread, thinking i know what to expect:

Comment

this is it lol this is the one. I swear

Comment

Working...
                              X