No announcement yet.

1994 called, they want your mk3 back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So stoked on the progress. Since you're only an hour from me when I get my Sh*t together I have to come check this out.

Comment

Nothing really exciting has been going on, drove the car a few times here and there but then one of my front leader lines went. Fixed that last night and did a few minor things.

New tails from the junkyard. Went with oem ambers to match the front. Eventually maybe I will get something better, but these are fine for now. Also really need to get the dealer stickers off the back.

60418012929--73CE08F6-52C8-4356-819D-7E79A732FFB2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Picked up an oem steering wheel. Thought it would be cooler, kinda dont like it, kinda do like it. At least the horn works which is a plus compared to my other one.

IMG-0483 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also got some center caps for the wheels. They are silver plastic, so I painted the wheels. I will get them powder coated soon I think so there is a better finish on them, or I will just blast them and then paint them again the correct way. I want a different shade of silver since I am not really happy with how it looks. They are better in person however.

IMG-0481 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      IMG-0482 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

want me to see if i can find a VW dealer here in London and get some stickers sent to you? to match the RHD theme?
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
          want me to see if i can find a VW dealer here in London and get some stickers sent to you? to match the RHD theme?
          That would be awesome. I would love a set of euro plates as well for once I get the hatch on. Biggest thing I am having a hard time with is finding a passenger side rhd mirror, and also a hood release cable.

Took the car out over the weekend for its first real drive. Headed down saturday to hopefully get some parts for it at Orchid Euro. He was having an open house to show off some cars and have a decent sale. Only took 1 picture on the way down, didnt even think to grab a pic of the car of it sitting there. Opps. Some cool stuff did show up as well.

IMG_0493 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Stole this one from Jamie.

IMG-0506 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Went back home, looked at another car on the way home. Overall put about 70 miles on without skipping a beat. Then on the way up my road to my house.....all hell breaks loose. Hear a loud bang, thought my axle went. Look back and something black came flying out. Stopped, walked down the road, and there is my accessory belt sitting in the road. Thinking okay that was weird, I keep going to just get the car home. Well next thing my accessory pulley that should be attached to the motor, well it came out and went into a neighbors yard. Drove the car the last bit to my house and got it in the garage. Went and grabbed the pulley and threw it back together later that day. So weird all the bolts backed out. Just lucky I was close to home.

IMG-0498 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Last edited by hinrichs; 03-02-2020, 07:17 AM.
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Silver looking smarter

Comment

Nice mk3!

Comment

Definitely silver.

Comment

Im really liking the silver centres, yeah its a fun car but looks so much smarter now
                  My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

i will shoot you an instagram message, i have a ton of old plates.

unless you wanted one to say something i can have one made if wanted.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

The more I see this thing the more it takes me back to the days when I practically lived on VWVortex when I was in middle school, dreaming of the day I could modify my own VW...

If I start sinking money into my MKIV Golf this summer I'll blame you haha

BTW that Domino's delivery sign is too cool

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        Silver looking smarter
                        What he said! So much better silver.

Comment

Finally started to work on the seat covers, first one sucked to do, then they got really easy once I figured it out. I will get some better pictures but I have the fronts done and the rear lowers. I need a different rear upper and then I can finish them. Also need to make some kind of block off for the flip lever holes.

IMG-0602 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                          60590176791--93814A97-64D0-4217-8B70-A59C1C5573B9 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Last edited by bwwaaaa; 03-17-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Seats look great, I need some mk3 seats for the b3!
                              Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Been slowly working on the golf as there isnt much to do while I am at work. Finished up all but the rear seat upper, since I need a different one. Threw in the beetle headrests for that 2000s vibe.

IMG-0774 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also cleaned up the shop a little while I have been really pushing off. I have an idea for the one corner which should give me a lot of storage. I have 2 rolling cabinets over there but they dont help me having no where to really put anything.

IMG-0765 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got the stereo working as well which makes me happy. Havent been driving the car at all but figure with some music itll be a lot more enjoyable.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X