No announcement yet.

1994 called, they want your mk3 back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a mild bay shave and clean up with the stock engine, I love "unappreciated engines" being cared for

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

So over the weekend, which I dont really get into the garage anymore since I am there all week at "work" I picked up a new seat to finish up the back finally. They just need a little clean now and they will be perfect.

IMG-1149 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      IMG-1146 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Stopped at the guys house I got the steelies from since he had some hubcaps he thought I might want. I love them for another option so of course I grabbed them.

IMG-1134 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Then onto some pictures of the front sensors. Hopefully they work. Soon once the rear is done I will test the system out.

IMG-1127 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      IMG-1128 by minthinrich, on Flickr
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Rear sensors really were not that hard, but figuring out the bottom mount onto the beam was interesting. I thought I could grind off the paint and weld on a simple tab. No idea what the metal is that they used, but I could not get my weld to hold. Gave up rather quick and made a quick and dirty mount. I will probably add another hose clamp but for now it seems fine. Not like there is any kind of load on the sensors.

IMG-1148 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got my used rear emblem in the mail yesterday which completes the hatch other than getting in the plate lights. I think those might come today but not really sure. Also made 2 new stickers for the hatch. The "burn all the mk3" is one I made for my friend and I decided to keep it since it was one of my first dual color. Added the bag guy from the OG air affair in 2007 (no one will remember that) and an orchid sticker.

IMG-1156 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        IMG-1157 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Ebay special for the license plate lights. I didnt get anything with my hatch so I needed a complete unit. Few minutes looking for screws and I had the lights installed and plugged in. Very happy that they work.

IMG-1166 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Rolled the car outside to see what it looked like in the sun. Also threw on all the hubcaps for fun.

IMG-1161 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          IMG-1160 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Hubcaps belong in the trash
            Other than that, I love it. Weird issue about the rear beam being unweldable, might look for info later

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

the hub caps look sweet!

Comment

I really need to update this, lemme get some pictures and I will make a real post again. Not a lot has changed but I did get some things installed, and a few cool pieces showed up finally for it. Also waiting on its new antique plate so havent really driven it much.
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

So lets get back to some updates on this, its been a while.

Biggest thing was my antique plate finally showed up. Got out the good old scraper and pulled off the inspection stickers, and then drilled the holes to mount the plate. I wanted to try for a custom one, but failed at that before with a normal plate and it was limited to 4 spaces for this one so it would be harder. Also it was very expensive. Its a little crooked, oops.

IMG_1870 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next up is I was on facebook marketplace like always and a 2002 cabrio popped up at a friends house. Decided to run and look at it at lunch since it was so close and cheap. It was parked 3 years ago since the exhaust fell off. Yeah after the cat there was nothing which was funny. The steering rack leaks which we will replace this winter, and it has some rust in the one tower I need to fix. Best part tho it was only $800 so I could not say no. Threw on the coils from the Golf, new exhaust, brakes, wheels and tires and the wife is in love. The car has a perfect interior but needs a top bad.

IMG_1571 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Since Covid hit, all the races were canceled this year that I could attend....so you know what that means. Race car #2 needed to go. Threw it up for sale and ended up trading it for a B5 S4. I know I shouldnt have but hopefully I can enjoy it again soon. Drove it 4 times and now the motor is pulled. It didnt blow up, but I went down a rabbit hole from trying to install downpipes.

IMG_1694 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I have some rad stickers waiting for the Golf. I need to do some tests first to make sure I will like them, but it will be the perfect 90s vibe trust me.

IMG_2140 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  DJI_20200917_091329_095 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

You sure are having fun with stickers and playing musical cars... stoked to see some 90's vibes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                      You sure are having fun with stickers and playing musical cars... stoked to see some 90's vibes though.
                      Test, I have printed stickers that are vintage I might use, or just keep in the collection. This is my copy in just black to see how I like it and for placement.

IMG-2187 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Decided to mirror the other side, not sure how I feel about it yet. Only the "golf" is noticeable, but I think it would be weird the correct way

62240686049--71DC7A10-210B-483B-AF8C-F56236496DA8 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Why did I think of the Rugrats show?

Comment

• this gives me hope. i need to show this thread to my wife to show her itss ok to have more than one project car lol

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Sick build. Love the RHD swap.

Comment

• I used to have a few og votex sets of these, new in box as well. They all got stolen. Update a few years and I get a set of the new rep ones from a friend. They are better quality which is kinda funny. I do need to get new fog blanks tho as mine are falling apart.

62628009658--112858A9-5831-4F34-A9D0-57AC5423C32C by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also managed to get a heckblende. I have wanted one for years, was never sure about it but my friend included it as partial payment for a swap on his car. Threw it on and kinda love it.

IMG-2464 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              B69551E9-D1D4-4A77-8EDA-2CF331011DC1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• putting some respec on the rare parts drip

Comment

Working...
                                X