E Dirty Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Dirty Four

Good afternoon everyone. I recently picked up a 95 e34 a few weeks ago. Im currently driving a mk6 jetta that ive done some basic mods to. It didn't take long before I got to the point where I was pretty much satisfied with how it looked and drove. Its pretty basic, only thing else I plan to do is a stage 1 tune, bbk, and a few other odds and ends but that's about it.

Ive always thought e34s and e28s looked pretty dope, they seem simple enough to work on, parts seems cheap, and I see a ton of them in the junkyard so I kept an eye out on craigslist and eventually this gold e34 5 speed popped up. It looked pretty rough from the pictures so I told myself if it was still for sale in a month or so and nothing better got listed I would go check it out. I call the guy up and we go back a forth over a few days trying to set up a day for me to come look at it. He seems to be busy just about every day I want to come, and I have to work every day he suggest so I have my brother go check it out for me. I tell him if it doesn't look like it has any damage and it starts and drives just go ahead and buy it. Fast forward two days and this is what I find sitting in my driveway when I get back from work .

I told myself I wanted a project car but this thing is pretty rough. Its got about 240k on the odo so im not to sure how much longer this motor is going to last. Other than that ive got no history on the car but I can tell it hasn't had any maintenance done to in a long time. Pretty much every fluid in the car is low, oil was black as shit, belts are cracked, leaks down the side of the valve cover. Its got a full tank of windshield washer fluid though .

So the plan is basically to bring this car back up to stage one. Going to be replacing just about everything. New paint, im thinking BCs for coilovers, and dropped on some 18s. Also going to pick up a spare m50 and prep it for boost when this one blows. This is just going to be a weekend car, going to try and keep the budget pretty low but we shall see how that goes. Thanks for reading!
    E34 build thread link
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
    e_dirty_4

Congrats on getting the last generation of round headlight bimmers! My e28 says hi

Comment

Lol thanks, those quad rounds are definately my favorite part about the front end!
      E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
      e_dirty_4

Comment

Oh goodie, the dreaded twisted seat. Have fun with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
          Oh goodie, the dreaded twisted seat. Have fun with that!
          Haha, yea that seats pretty messed up, but both of these will be going right in the trash once I get a few other things sorted out first
          E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
          e_dirty_4

Comment

Spent the last few days hunting down and eliminating strange noises. Kept having an intermitted lock and window issue that seemed to be related to this clicking noise under the rear seat. Guessing this module was on its last leg, so I pulled it out picked up a new one for 50 bucks and its good as new no more clicking and everything works.

Next day the battery died, but that's always an easy fix. Finally got the first round of parts in. From what I understand the cooling system is always a weak point on these cars, so I just went ahead and picked up some new stuff. The radiator itsself looked pretty new so i didnt both picking up a new one. i feel like itll be pretty easy to replace later on if it ever starts leaking or anything.

I also order a set of bc extreme lows, they say these should take about 4 to 5 weeks to get built so ill be waiting for that. I also just picked up a set of style 5s to rebuild. Seeings as they are only 17x8s im going to see how low i can drop it on some pretty meaty tires like some 255/45s or so.
            E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
            e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by Graphitemk6 View Post
              Finally got the first round of parts in. From what I understand the cooling system is always a weak point on these cars
              LOL here comes the parts train

But in all seriousness, you were informed correctly. Everything's plastic, leaks happen often, and weak points will boil the headgasket in one foul swoop.
              Highly recommend replacing the radiator anyways! The Mishimotos are well worth the money, and even considered preventative maintenance
              Shut it off immediately if the temp ever gets higher than normal, the HG's blow so easy especially with high mileage on the m50's :/

And dude, the common e34 issues are spot on with this one! Seat twist, worn arm rests, door brakes ripping through the metal (they sell metal slab inserts to still bolt up with the door if your not trying to replace!)

but you'll fall in love with it, the BF.C E34 facebook page always has new content and tons of people around, E34 dudes are some of my favorite car people!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                LOL here comes the parts train

But in all seriousness, you were informed correctly. Everything's plastic, leaks happen often, and weak points will boil the headgasket in one foul swoop.
                Highly recommend replacing the radiator anyways! The Mishimotos are well worth the money, and even considered preventative maintenance
                Shut it off immediately if the temp ever gets higher than normal, the HG's blow so easy especially with high mileage on the m50's :/

And dude, the common e34 issues are spot on with this one! Seat twist, worn arm rests, door brakes ripping through the metal (they sell metal slab inserts to still bolt up with the door if your not trying to replace!)

but you'll fall in love with it, the BF.C E34 facebook page always has new content and tons of people around, E34 dudes are some of my favorite car people!
                Well I guess ill go ahead and pick up a new radiator than, ive ran mishimotos on a few of my other cars and never had any complaints! Ill have to look into that door insert because replacing this door is going to be a pain in the ass.

So as of yesterday the e34 no longer runs. It will start up pretty easily than stall out. Going to have to do some research and take some stuff apart. I have a feeling the fuel pump is on its last legs or dead , on another note some new parts came in.

Picked up most of the stuff to replace the front suspension.

Coilovers arrived today. It was pretty surprising considering I received an email saying they wouldn't be built and shipped until December 10th, but im not complaining. I wasn't able to find a lot of reference photos of e34s on bc coilovers so I just got the extreme low ones, because theres no such thing as to low right?

image upload

No good build is complete without a set of wheels. Right now the car is on 3 different style wheels with 4 different tires. All of them are bald as shit, easiest thing to do as this point is to start over so I picked up a set of style 5s for dirt cheap to refinish.Just like the car they are pretty rough, peeling clearcoat and a lot of curb rash no bends though so that's a plus. Still throwing around some color combos right now gold faces is pretty high on the list though.
                E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
                e_dirty_4

Comment

YES & YES!

Sucks you've got to weld coils to their assembly on the 34 chassis, but proper wheels and coils - means its gonna look damn proper!!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Proper parts here, I love style5's especially when they are stepped up to 19"
                    I feel your spring rates will be very very soft if you want to go super low, when I was looking into e34s I've learnt most static stancebois use 20-24k springs. May not be an issue if you don't fit super-wide wheels tho

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Never get tired of seeing style 5s! I had them powdercoated black at an industrial powdercoat place...not the prettiest finish but I only had $400 in them altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                        YES & YES!

Sucks you've got to weld coils to their assembly on the 34 chassis, but proper wheels and coils - means its gonna look damn proper!!
                        Yea just a few extra steps, I know a couple of shops that should be up for the task though, but thanks I'm hoping to keep it really clean but aggressive.
                        E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
                        e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                          Proper parts here, I love style5's especially when they are stepped up to 19"
                          I feel your spring rates will be very very soft if you want to go super low, when I was looking into e34s I've learnt most static stancebois use 20-24k springs. May not be an issue if you don't fit super-wide wheels tho
                          Thanks, I plan on picking up another set of style 19s in the future. Going to step them to 18x10 and 18x10.5 most likely. I polished the last set I had, definitely considering going chrome this time around though. 20k seems awfully high, ive run 10k/8k in the past and that was more than stiff enough. If these springs are to soft swapping them out will be simple enough though.

E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
                          e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
                            Never get tired of seeing style 5s! I had them powdercoated black at an industrial powdercoat place...not the prettiest finish but I only had $400 in them altogether.
                            Cant go wrong with black, im going to see if I can get them all cleaned up for less than $100. wish me luck lol
                            E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
                            e_dirty_4

Comment

So I cleaned the ICV, changed the fuel filter, and swapped out the spark plugs which got it running again for it short while. seems like I can drive it a few miles than it will get a rough idle, than it will stall out. So I ordered a new fuel pump, since the coilovers have to be welded in I decided to let the shop handle the rest of the front suspension install, and swap out the fuel pump while they are at it.

Started breaking down the wheels, polishing the lips. The plan is to go with some all black hardware. Ill be ordering a stud conversion so im going to be running these wheels without the hex covers.

E34 build thread link

Follow me on insta
                              e_dirty_4

Comment

Working...
                              X