gotheframe’s 1967 Volvo Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe some Snowflake....
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]https://www.timelessmuscle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TWOPIECESNOWFLAKE-2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    [IMG]/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by gotheframe View Post
      Got the rear axle back in (woo hoo!)

Ran into some issues with the wheel spares I had. I have (2) 4"widths and (3) 4.5" widths. Weird.

But here's a picture tucking 15" wheels in the rear, which would never happen because the frame would be on the ground.
      Untitled

Got to figure out what I want to do with wheels. Any suggestions?
      I would love some 17" ExtremeOffset smoothies with a bug smooth chrome hub cover on this

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by gotheframe View Post
        Got to figure out what I want to do with wheels. Any suggestions?
        Some 17 or 18" banded steelies with Volvo moon caps would suit this so well IMO.

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        I would love some 17" ExtremeOffset smoothies with a bug smooth chrome hub cover on this
        EDIT: ^^^ haha, beat me to it ^^^ +1

Comment

Originally posted by poondobber View Post
          Borbet Type A
          I have Autostrada Modena in my browser history. Not done a pshop tho.

Originally posted by v8-rekord View Post
          Maybe some Snowflake....
          Which one’s?

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          Would like to see a pic of the setup with “bug covers”.

Originally posted by stanhayward View Post
          Some 17 or 18" banded steelies with Volvo moon caps would suit this so well IMO.
          There’s a wagon owner that split stock steelies and converted to 3pc. They’re glorious.
          Untitled
          Last edited by gotheframe; 02-09-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Made a lot of progress.

Ran into an issue with the smoothies fitting once the car was dropped so I had to make the repainted oem steelies work even though the widths are different. Running the 4.5"widths in back and placing the 4"widths in front. Then the remaining 4.5" wheel will go back in the trunk for a spare.
            The Vredestein Sprint Classics came in - 155/80. Super skinny. Didn't want to run this circumference since its 7/8" taller than the tires on the Smoothies but I like the classic tire on the steelies.
            Untitled
            Untitled

Since these are oem wheels I have a variety of centers to chose from. I've ran smoothies for a while and wanted something different so I picked up some center caps for the steelies from VP Autoparts.
            Untitled

Also got the front suspension buttoned up.
            Untitled

This is how the car sits right now.
            Untitled

Next up, notching the rear seat floor to accommodate the drive shaft and figuring out the exhaust.

Comment

This is so beautiful. I love the skinny wheels on those steelies
              "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
              Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                This is so beautiful. I love the skinny wheels on those steelies
                Thanks! A lot more thought went into it than I convey here.

Comment

The Amazon is now off the blocks on its own wheels for the first time in 5 months.
                  Ride height
                  Untitled

Aired out
                  Untitled

Pics are from a video so not best quality and the first one looks off level but its in the process of airing out. Test drove it, needs a couple things worked out like exhaust, brakes, and alignment. So excite!

Comment

Wow this is awesome. I love the way it looks, especially with that color!

Comment

Well, it certainly looks amazing. Where's that video at?
                      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Love the quality work on this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonaskvale77 View Post
                          Wow this is awesome. I love the way it looks, especially with that color!
                          Thanks! I love the color too. Can't wait to put the green interior in it.

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                          Well, it certainly looks amazing. Where's that video at?
                          Thanks! Video right now is on my Instagram. Link in sig. I have a YouTube but doesn't have any of the build on it.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          Love the quality work on this.
                          There's high standards to live up to in this group so that's a huge compliment. Mike (unclebubsgarage) does great work.

Comment

Video:

Comment

Getting closer.
                              Had to cut the exhaust at rear axle since it can no longer go up and over axle. Picked up a VP Auto 025KSS 2" Stainless kit that includes 2" 2-into-1 downpipe, resonator and muffler. The kit has a section that still goes over rear axle but I repurposed the length to run under axle and attach to muffler. I was missing some hardware to hang the system so fabricated two hangers for the kit's rubber grommets out left over control arm spacers. I am worried that the resonator being about 3" diameter is going to have a problem once aired out. Aired out, there's very little light coming under on the shop floor. So I may rework this section at a later date.
                              Under Axle Section. Sorry for the poor image quality - I pulled this from the video below.
                              Untitled

Downpipe New vs Old.
                              Untitled

Aired out. That's a 1961 International on the left with a Cummins transplant that moved into the shop.
                              Untitled

Exhaust Video

Next up alignment.

Comment

Last edited by gotheframe; 03-17-2020, 03:50 PM. Reason: some error

Comment

Working...
                                X