No announcement yet.

Bringing back an E9.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Builds amazing man, love the carpet colour, wasn't sure on the wheels over the gold until I seen the centre cap fitted. We're still here, think a lot of people are so used to just liking pics on Facebook or double tapping on Insta that commenting is something that's gradually just disappearing. Why comment when you could flick tap and like a dozen pics per minute, sad yes but very typical of the times we live in, no time to slow down and truly appreciate anything anymore.
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Gorgeous build. I've followed this for months and love every update. The little details have made all the difference. Your garage set up with spectacular as well.

Comment

Thanks yall. I will keep it up.

Another super small update.

Got it buttoned up around the tunnel.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

And the passenger side laid out. We may use Velcro to hold this in rather than gluing it.

Its getting really close to the finish line.

Got a few more pics since posting this.

And some new shoes.

Last edited by mpower5266; 12-11-2020, 11:37 AM.

Comment

We got started on the AC and center console install.

Finally found a thermostat that would work after ordering like 6 of them. Apparently this is just a universal part but it was tough finding one with the correct tube and shaft diameter.

And cleaned the steering wheel wrap. Sadly my dad said he would order a Nardi if I couldn't get it clean. Of course it cleaned right up. Here is a before shot.

And some 50/50s of it clean.

Not perfect but it will work until we get a Nardi.

Comment

Mega small E9 update. I didnt like the idea of the antenna being up anytime the radio was on, so my dad and I wired in a little switch.

Its in the little panel under the steering wheel and installed where the oem rear fog light switch would go. Basically we would always leave it off and if we wanted the radio on, give it a click to put the antenna up.

Wired in the radio.

And did a test fit of the side panels.

As you can see in the above photo there is a little damage in the drivers side panel near the AC vents. We are hoping we can clean this up a little.

Stay tuned. More updates soon.

Comment

Matka.center will give you the fastest satta matka result in matka world, here you will earn money, matka, kalyan matka center, satta matta matka, indian matka, 24 DPBOSS FIX MATKA KALYAN MATKA TIPS MATKA GAME all MATKA RECORD and Dpboss.Find kalyan matka | satta matka
              kalyan matka | matka result

Comment

Another extremely small update. We got the damaged area on the center console fixed for now. We basically just cleaned it up a bit and glued down a piece of vinyl.

This is a short term fix. Eventually we will pull it and have an upholstery shop repair it properly, but I think it looks pretty good for now.

by Nick Wood, on Flickr

More to come this week, I think we will start putting the interior back in.

Comment

Work is slow, so here is another small update. Shifter install. First we installed the rubber boot, which was torn and of course no longer available. We glued it back together.

Once dry, it was installed.

After that, the fresh leather boot was installed.

And buttoned it up with the knob.

Super small update I know but work is dead this week and I have a lot of free time at my desk. Haha

Comment

This is like eating an elephant at this point. Just small bites until its done. Center console is complete, and the window switches are installed.

We also found a little sticker to put over the digital display so the radio looks a little more period correct when off.

It covers the read out a little when its on, but Im just going to use bluetooth so it doesnt really bother me.

Comment

• Nice touch on the sticker on the radio to keep it more oem looking, I would have never thought of that.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• That whole center console looks absolutely beautiful - a perfect combination of wood, leather, and bare metal. Great work! Love the retro-look radio as well.
                        I just bought a '77 E21 that needs some interior refreshment, and this is great inspiration and tutoring.

Comment

• love the work so far, really excited to see where this takes you. so just plans as a restoration or are we gonna see some real driving out of this thing?

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Not much has happened on the E9. We have been waiting on parts and my dad has had some medical stuff(hes fine just kinda run down so I'm avoiding him.
                            I don't want to get him sick.) We did get a new old stock emblem for the trunk.

And found some knobs for the radio that look more "BMW."

So far 2021 has been pretty crazy but I am hoping this will be on the road by late Feb-early March. I am hoping some parts show up and I can get over this weekend to work on it.

Comment

• wow, this is faultless! :-O amazing project

IG: @fuxxo_works_garage
                              YT: TheFuxxoWorksGarage

my build thread: E63 650i Airride
                              my build thread: E34 520i Touring

Comment

• Such a great thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X