Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking fucking great!

Comment

Hot damn that looks good
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Simple and clean, looks good. Plans for a front lip?
        E34 build thread link
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
        e_dirty_4

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
          bravo. BRAVO. I'm so hyped on this thing.
          thank you, man!
          Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          I love it.
          Give it more low, old coots love seeing sparks
          I actually am not sure I will go lower... I am rubbing like mad and scrape coming out of the driveway. I like being lowered, but I am not committed to the point where I will need ramps to get out of the garage. That stuff looks cool on the internet but really pisses me off irl lmao
          Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
          Looking fucking great!
          Ma man
          Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          Hot damn that looks good
          Thanks dude!
          Originally posted by Graphitemk6 View Post
          Simple and clean, looks good. Plans for a front lip?
          Definitely simple. I'm not sure they make a lip for this front end, but what I really want, is to convert the whole front end, rear bumper, and add side skirts from the next generation up (facelift, if you will). I love the look of the 1997-99 GSX, and that would be the ultimate goal. If and when I get there will depend completely on how easy it will be to get parts. I am not willing to put a lot of money into the car, since it will always be a gutless RS. I am already 6k into the car, and that is already more than I'd pay for it if someone else were selling it. I'm going to try to keep my wits about me on this car.

That being said, I bought the car with a dead stereo. That will be my next order of business. As much as I love to pose as an elite driver, "feeling the road", "do you even rev-match", "wow no feedback", "left rear inside brake pad seems like it has a higher ceramic mixture than the front left outside pad, weird", etc.... I am also just a normal dude that loves his tunes....

Since I'll be removing the center console, I should probably address the fact that the RS model was skimping on cost so much, that Mitsubishi made an EVEN CHEAPER center console specifically for that model. It has no center compartment with a lid, so there is basically nowhere to rest me fat right elbow. You might think this is a minor detail but it drives me insane. It makes me uncomfortable and if I am not comfortable in the cockpit of my speedster, what the hell is even that, or even the point, like actually. What would it have cost to throw a lid on that console, Mitsubishi? I mean, its just another ounce of plastic.... Ya'll was really playin too much with this one. Here is the epic racer-spec center console I am speaking of.

TLR: Need Stereo, Need Center Console with Armrest.

Comment

I have to say it looks SOOOOO good, I love it. Do work on your comfort now
            Oh and good luck with moving to a new place
            "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
            Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
              I have to say it looks SOOOOO good, I love it. Do work on your comfort now
              Oh and good luck with moving to a new place
              Thank you man... I am very happy with it as well. Got some stuff coming for next week I hope, something from Italy, something from Japan, and something from China.

Oh and something from junk-yard.....
              Last edited by Miroteknik; 06-20-2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Alright so parts have come in, and I've been foolin with stuff all week.

From Italy:

From Japan:

From China:

From Junkyard:

The steering wheel was the easiest, so the went in first. Then I pulled the console, because it had to come out for the shifter, and the stereo. Got all that out, only do discover why the stereo I bought the car with wasn't working. Should have taken a pic, it was a nightmare. The dude had an AC/DC power adapter in there somehow! I don't even want to know what he was trying to power, but I'm guessing it was an amp. He taped wires together with that sticky cloth tape, so everything was covered in goo by the time I pulled everything apart. Like pulling gum out of hair. Really wish I took a pic, but I was too excited, and then enraged, and forgot all about it.

Got the stereo fitted, console cleaned up and installed, and removed the gear-shifter-shaft. It was already tall, and would be too tall with the extra few inches I would be adding with my JDM shifter. Chopped it down and prepped it to take to my welder.

Got it welded, and back in. Buttoned up the console, and here is the comparison.

MIROTEKNIK Eclipse RSMIROTEKNIK Eclipse RS

So about the stereo.... its cheap... lol. But its like my 3rd cheapo chinese double-din, and honestly, they've been pretty good. The sound quality and output is pretty lame, but when you're running 4 OEM basic speakers and aren't an audiophile.... it'll do. It's a touchscreen, looks new, feels new, and has features like bluetooth, and apparently..... mirror-link....

So here it is.... the whole mess altogether.

Really happy with the outcome. I've got my armrest, a console to put stuff and keep it hidden, a fun little stereo, and a cool wheel and shifter. I went with red to break up the gray in the interior and while it is borderline an eyesore.... I think I accomplished what I set out to do. So far just about anyone that sees the car, mentions the wheel and shifter. Which to me is impressive, as Eclipses were never known for their interiors.

The car also rubs like hell at all four corners, and the front passenger side is so low, I buckled the lip of my fender. Was right pissed about that, so parked the damned thing till I can get them rolled. Typical me to push the limits too far and make more work for myself. Par for the course.

Will try to roll the fenders tomorrow, might have pics next week if all goes well. Still need to replace the fuel pump and filter, cause the car pretty much dies at half-tank now.

XXXX
                Last edited by Miroteknik; 06-21-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I love the interior mods, a set of red seatbelts would complement it well

Ruined fenders are the business card of any serious stanceboi(R), welcome to the club m8

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

I low-key wanted one of these in the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                      I love the interior mods, a set of red seatbelts would complement it well

Ruined fenders are the business card of any serious stanceboi(R), welcome to the club m8
                      Thanks man! I would not turn down a pair of Brides or Recaros, and I am low-key keeping an eye out for a cheap set.

Originally posted by The Sneaker Whore View Post
                      I low-key wanted one of these in the 90s.
                      My older cousins had a spyder (I don't like spyders), and bunch of 90's imports so my love for those cars may stem from that... you know... acceptance from father-figure/role-models lmao idk

Comment

Things have been crazy but I got the fenders rolled.

Cracked paint on both front fenders, ended up sanding up the affected areas and ghetto-blasting some rattle-can gloss black over it to prevent rust/hide the metal. It broke my heart because I felt like a hack and the car was perfect before I lowered it but lmao I guess this is why I bought an Eclipse and not a Corvette.

I don't even have pics after I rolled fenders, will have to get some soon, but here's a lil somethin that really got me feelin a type of way

XXXX
                        Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-01-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Between these and Eagle Talons/ Plymouth Lasers I have a huge want. this thing looks wonderful.

Comment

Duuuude fkn S1Rssss. Welcome to the odd-ball underpowered FWD Mitsubishi life (disregarding that I half fixed that on mine at egregious expense).

Comment

Damn it just looks so good on those wheels.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                                Between these and Eagle Talons/ Plymouth Lasers I have a huge want. this thing looks wonderful.
                                Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                                Damn it just looks so good on those wheels.
                                Thanks dudes, I'm big-time stoked on the outcome.

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                                Duuuude fkn S1Rssss. Welcome to the odd-ball underpowered FWD Mitsubishi life (disregarding that I half fixed that on mine at egregious expense).
                                Glad to see you in here! Really want to roll with your FTO tbh. I'll be staying under-powered though...

Comment

Working...
                                X