Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naughtyaudi View Post
    This build gives me the notion that the Eclipse might actually make a comeback. It's certainly fallen out of focus for the past decade outside the DSM community.
    They'll definitely come back, and when they do, it'll be VERY hard to find a clean stock example.

Last weekend I tagged along with a buddy to pick up parts for his truck at a junk yard. They happened to have a 2G Eclipse bumper kicking around.

XXXX

Comment

Either that bumper is brand new....or one of the best looking junk yard scores ever.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Stonks
        Last edited by Fruttolo; 11-02-2019, 04:52 AM.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          Either that bumper is brand new....or one of the best looking junk yard scores ever.
          It was brand new, still in the packaging foam. Must have been an order a customer never showed up for. $40 lol

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          Stonks
          Speaking of which, I've invested in some more plastic...

Comment

What is that and also why is it yellow?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
              What is that and also why is it yellow?
              It is an aftermarket gauge cluster bezel. The stock cluster bezel is painfully plain, and I like the split-window design. I have no idea why it is yellow lol. It is made by a company I have never heard of, but I love that it exists; I've never seen it in the wild. I had one on my previous Eclipse but I wrapped it in carbon-fiber because I could not stand the yellow. It looked good cool from 10 feet away, but up close, you could see my poor wrap-job. On this car, I decided to try and leave it yellow. If it is terrible I might have to paint it or something...

Comment

As time goes on... I feel like this car is going to have a "black and yellow" theme. It started with the MOMO letters on the first steering wheel, and has been growing on me. Now I want yellow center caps for the Meisters. If anyone can help, let me know. It might be a sick attempt to mimic Ferrari wheels, it might be innocent, I will not say. I refuse to buy an expensive car, so I will take this plain, cheap car and I will make it as fancy as I can.

I have a long commute from work, and by the time I get home, the sun is down and I can't take pictures of the car in the leaves. I am really bothered by that because I got a reminder the other day of the pictures I took with the RX7 in leaves last year. That made me compare where I was in life then, to where I am now. Mentally. I was in a really lonely place back then. I'm less lonely now, and I find that it directly correlates with how much time I make to be creative (drive aimlessly around town taking pictures). I am not complaining necessarily, I'm just admitting I might have enjoyed misery a bit. Sometimes it feels like pain has more meaning than laughter. My parents used to always tell me as a kid, "After laughter, come tears". Maybe I will have time to be creative yet.

I was digging around in my glovebox for something and I found this old decal. The original owner must have bought it and never put it on. The decal was all but ruined over time; I could not tell whether it was meant to stick on the inside or outside of the window, because it was sticky on both sides. It is a bit cringe... but it has a redeeming quality... it is Yellow.

Imagine that... missing being miserable.

XXXX
                Last edited by Miroteknik; 11-06-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Drove around and shot some shots.

Remembered to get a pic of the cluster.

And some randoms.

Still haven't got the new bumper painted, and it might take a while but I'm in no rush. Probably won't drive the car much now that winter is here.

XXXX

Comment

Opinion on Talon side skirts? you know, the curvy ones?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                      Opinion on Talon side skirts? you know, the curvy ones?
                      haha... been eyeballing those for a while. If I don't find some OEM 2Gb skirts, I'll be getting the Talon curvy ones.
                      I wasn't sure how the Talon skirts would flow with the 2Gb bumper, since it is less bubbly and has more of a jaw.

Comment

• In case you couldn't tell - I was once a DSMer, this is how far I got before selling the thing.
                        Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                          In case you couldn't tell - I was once a DSMer, this is how far I got before selling the thing.
                          https://imgur.com/a/xYQOt/all
                          Holy crap, dude.

Comment

Have a good weekend.

XXXX

Comment

• Heck yeah. I'm glad your modifying style is still "Philosopher-spec"

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                                And some randoms.
                                Love those autumn shots, nice vibe. Sick score on the bumper too! Keen to see that on.
                                Usually I'm not a big fan of bright interior pieces but I do admit the bezel matches the wheel...

Comment

Working...
                                X