Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

I'm copying that post and saving it so I can re read and re read. I felt that on such a level that's not explainable. I'm in the same boat and ya know what, it feels good.

Dude this is the best thread on this site. I feel super similar, and felt like I was being a crybaby because I couldn't enjoy cars that were prone to breaking and money pits. I recently sold my JDM Legacy b4 RSK and bought a mx-5. Everyone tells me I downgraded, but damnit does it feel like an upgrade for my sanity. Love this build, love this gen eclipse, love you.

Hear, hear... well said. I've seen so many cars that get modified look great then end up being over done. Sometimes less is more...

Quote Originally Posted by saturnstance View Post
    I'm copying that post and saving it so I can re read and re read. I felt that on such a level that's not explainable. I'm in the same boat and ya know what, it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYDRO12 View Post
    Dude this is the best thread on this site. I feel super similar, and felt like I was being a crybaby because I couldn't enjoy cars that were prone to breaking and money pits. I recently sold my JDM Legacy b4 RSK and bought a mx-5. Everyone tells me I downgraded, but damnit does it feel like an upgrade for my sanity. Love this build, love this gen eclipse, love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Hear, hear... well said. I've seen so many cars that get modified look great then end up being over done. Sometimes less is more...
    Wow hello Kings, almost didn't see you there from the blinding brilliance of your crowns. ^

In continuation of my cope in not having a fast or expensive car, I finally got around to putting the last missing piece onto the front end. JDM yellow fog lights. Before you rebuke me for spending unnecessary money that could be invested, doubled by selling crack, or put towards a early-retirement, let me tell you that these are knock-off ebay LED bargain buys. I think they were $30.00

Since the RS did not come with fog-lights, this means that there were no mounts for them either. I don't know about you, but every time I see someone custom-mount fog lights, it turns out an eye-sore. This was a huge concern for me, because I would **** to ruin such a beautiful face. What did I end up doing? I J-B Welded the fog lights right into the plastic facia/trim/whatever. It's been a few weeks, and they haven't fallen out.

I know what you're thinking... "Ok well played, but now let's see Paul Allen's fog light wiring!" Cause every custom fog-light installation comes with an even scarier wiring solution. But if you were to glance under my hood, you would be surprised not to see an extra wire or fuse running to the battery and then through a hole in the firewall, and then an atrocious switch drilled into the dashboard! Over several nights while trying to fall asleep, I would stare into the void and wonder how I would get power to the fog lights in a sexual manner. I am rather pleased to reveal to you, that there is even now, no fog light switch in the car. I wired the fog lights to the side-markers! I never much cared for the side markers lighting up, and since these LED fog lights only drew 5W, I figured the power would be plenty.

Clearly, I am rather proud of the result. On cold foggy mornings, when everyone is turning on their headlights, I will simply flick on my side-markers. For that "I'm too cool for headlights" look, where I stand out just enough, but not too much. Where everybody knows I made a conscious decision to turn on my side markers and "sad-boy JDM unique no-club car-guy touge-is-life" fog lights, but nobody will bother calling me out on it, because that would only prove that it bothered them enough for them to say anything.

And for further insult to injury.... come here... .let me tell you a little secret.....

"...i turn my fog lights on even when it isn't foggy"

You can turn your face away as I drive by but I know you saw me. And I know it ruined your day.

Gentlemen, ask not what you can do for your car, but what your car can do for you.

XXXX
    Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-28-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroteknik View Post

You can turn your face away as I drive by but I know you saw me. And I know it ruined your day.
    Cracked me up
    Very good idea for the side marker switch and wiring doubling for the fogs. If we had side markers over here I'd shamelessly steal that solution.

Car looks really good too, love these shots.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Love the effort you put in your updates. I like the yellow fogs, especially on that black front. Are you planning on running different wheels anytime soon? The Works were ballin'

Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    Cracked me up
    Very good idea for the side marker switch and wiring doubling for the fogs. If we had side markers over here I'd shamelessly steal that solution.

Car looks really good too, love these shots.
    bruh....

Quote Originally Posted by CYDRO12 View Post
    Love the effort you put in your updates. I like the yellow fogs, especially on that black front. Are you planning on running different wheels anytime soon? The Works were ballin'
    I miss interesting, fun build threads. There were so many on here a few years ago. Some would have a long story behind them, some would be full of idiocy (but super entertaining), some would be full of incredible fabrication, some would just have beautiful photography, others would have a ton of money being spent. I miss being able to come here almost any day of the week and see several build threads updated. Everyone knew eachother, builds had inside jokes... it was such a good time. I miss that.

Glad you like the fogs, damn you liked the Works?

Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-29-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroteknik View Post
    I miss interesting, fun build threads. There were so many on here a few years ago. Some would have a long story behind them, some would be full of idiocy (but super entertaining), some would be full of incredible fabrication, some would just have beautiful photography, others would have a ton of money being spent. I miss being able to come here almost any day of the week and see several build threads updated. Everyone knew eachother, builds had inside jokes... it was such a good time. I miss that.
    100% agree with this- there's about a dozen active threads nowdays. I find myself reading the good old ones over now and again.

Especially annoying when you see an unseen thread pop up on top, only to find out its a bot

Also I personally think the Works complimented the round lines of the car, but these are cool too haha

Quote Originally Posted by gruz View Post
    100% agree with this- there's about a dozen active threads nowdays. I find myself reading the good old ones over now and again.

Especially annoying when you see an unseen thread pop up on top, only to find out its a bot

Also I personally think the Works complimented the round lines of the car, but these are cool too haha
    Yeah the current wheels can't touch the look of the Meisters for sure lmao

Was so confused on the wheels, went back and totally understand. I miss having nice and fancy 3 piece wheels but then could never keep them clean.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs