Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a monster and don't properly clean them. When they get too dirty in that awful area, remove the bolts, polish, put bolts back in.

Also in the same boat with black cars, said I'd never get a black car as I'm the worst detailer ever, then got the e36. I washed it more times than I washed all of my previous (grey) cars. I **** gray cars but man are they easy to mantain looking good.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Man that is clean, good job!
      The Eclipse is a great looking car. A friend of mine actually designed the gen 4 eclipse. I rather have a Gen 2 thought - GSX please, thank you

You need some need NOZZZZ
      and also, watch out for that "danger to manifold"

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
        ...life-hack pro-tips for cleaning 3-piece wheels?
        I use a paintbrush, but you can use a feather.
        Whatever you are into...

Also the car came out beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
          I am a monster and don't properly clean them. When they get too dirty in that awful area, remove the bolts, polish, put bolts back in.

Also in the same boat with black cars, said I'd never get a black car as I'm the worst detailer ever, then got the e36. I washed it more times than I washed all of my previous (grey) cars. I **** gray cars but man are they easy to mantain looking good.
          Truly, you are a monster.
          Originally posted by OjaiM5 View Post
          Man that is clean, good job!
          The Eclipse is a great looking car. A friend of mine actually designed the gen 4 eclipse. I rather have a Gen 2 thought - GSX please, thank you

You need some need NOZZZZ
          and also, watch out for that "danger to manifold"
          Thank you! There are lots of GSX's around.... parked... with great potential.... rotting away.... because .....
          Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
          I use a paintbrush, but you can use a feather.
          Whatever you are into...

Also the car came out beautiful!
          I'm looking into maybe getting a brush of some kind. I'm using the feathers for something.... else.

Thanks mate

Comment

I've seen people ceramic coat there wheels so it's easier to clean. Not sure if that's an option for you.

I love how simple and clean this is. So so good.

Comment

Alright so I took the lunar eclipse into orbit last weekend. Was a bit nervous since it was 5 hours each way at 80mph.

Got there without issue, save for a sore ass.

Woke up Saturday on a mission for coffee. As I left the house, the neighbor in his 2 million dollar house gave me the FATTEST thumbs-up I've ever seen and knowing the dude could probably afford a Koenigsegg, had me feeling above and beyond about my little rice-cart. Vibes were off the charts, had the windows down and the music up, straight up havin a good time.

Got the the spot

After I had my coffee, it was time to talk to the Ocean.

Did some stuff inland then basically went back to the Ocean.

Then got midnight burgers.

Then suddenly the weekend was over.

XXXX
              Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-26-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I love this and I love you

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                  I've seen people ceramic coat there wheels so it's easier to clean. Not sure if that's an option for you.
                  you know, i keep hearing about that, and 90% of me thinks its a scam, but if it really is legit, i'd be interested.

Originally posted by bjk View Post
                  I love this and I love you

Comment

Aight so on the way back from Seattle the car would vibrate under acceleration. When I initially lowered the car I noticed the driver side CV boot was starting to throw grease, so..... was pretty sure my axle was going out. Stopped the car to check,

Yep. Grease all over. Drove the car real soft and tender the rest of the way, made it home safe. Ordered new axles as soon as I got back.

In the meantime, a good buddy of mine bought a house with a shop. I convinced him to let me park the eclipse in one of the bays. This allows me to continue pampering this cheap non-powerful sports car that I treat like a national treasure.

Here it is, out of the hot sun, with the new axles.

New and old.

Once again we're good as gold.

XXXX

Comment

Can't get over how good this thing looks. Bestest execution. Also, the new axle looks just e wee bit beefier, happy to see you went for new ones instead a used pair. We all know how that turns out.
                      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                        Can't get over how good this thing looks. Bestest execution. Also, the new axle looks just e wee bit beefier, happy to see you went for new ones instead a used pair. We all know how that turns out.
                        Thanks man, I am really happy with how it came out.

I love new parts.... new rubber, shiny metal.. clean enough to eat off of.... When I pulled the old axles, some transmission fluid leaked out cause I had the front end jacked up. I wiped the fluid off the floor and used the rag to wipe down everything in reach with transmission fluid. Why? Whatever is in the fluid, ate away at built-up grease and made everything shiny.... It felt good... leave me alone....

Comment

Throw-back Thursday interior comparison:

My First Eclipse:

My Second and Current Eclipse:

XXXX

Comment

--------------------------------

XXXX
                            Last edited by Miroteknik; 08-16-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

All the right things

Comment

This one was needed

I just read about the ceramic coating wheels, I missed it previously, and can guarantee it works. Bad thing is it needs to be properly mantained with (expensive) aftercare products to keep its effect long lasting. I had all the car coated wheels included, then for three months washed it just with a garden hose and it would come out perfect, but I should have used the mantaining spray probably, because now it's working a lot less and I need a foam wash to get it squeaky clean

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X