Full Circle // 240SX Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Circle // 240SX Content

I think this is my third build thread now? Anyway, a brief history of my time on StanceWorks:

Polarizing Filter Test by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

So I had this hoopty for a hot minute, this was my first manual, first coupe, had the opportunity to take it to my senior prom. Made a lot of friends and learned a lot about cars through it. Blew a few VQs in it and wanted to swap in an LS.

LSX 350z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

During the process of ripping the engine and wiring out.

LS 350Z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

This is how far I got with the car. I ended up selling the Z to move to Philadelphia.

IMG_7802 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Brought this jawn to the city of brotherly love.

But, to take it back five years. When I first got my T3i to film scooter videos, I was taking photos too! They weren't that good, but I continued to post them on my Facebook.

Lucid by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

So! A Facebook friend had messaged me asking me if I could take photos of his car, I said hell yea! This was the car.

Nissan 240sx by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

It was RB20 swapped, on coilovers and Square G8 wheels. I uploaded the album to Facebook, of course, and one of his friends asked me to come to a private track and take photos of his car drifting.

006 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

123 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

124 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

127 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Another Zenki S14!

IMG_5435 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

In case you're curious, this is what his car looks like now.

So that brings me to why I'm making a build thread titled Full Circle.

240SX Build Thread by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Came across a 240 that was in the budget of what I wanted to spend. Frame is clean, it needs some love, but this model of car is what has brought me on a journey in a hobby that has given me so many life-long friends and great experiences that I will never forget.

Its a stock KA24DE, minus a five speed swap. Full interior, uncracked dash. 300,000 miles.

Regarding plans for this car: I plan to fix the sad quarter panels, I'll probably replace with some 30mm overfenders and cut out the rust.

I also plan to get a full kit for the car, coilovers, and wheels. One thing I learned with the Z is that I need to go enjoy the car! That poor thing sat in my parents driveway for a year and I missed the hell out of just going out for a drive in it!

Even though it has 300,000 miles, the buyer was in Cincinnati. I met him in Pittsburgh then drove it back from there. No hiccups on a 8 hour total trip for the old girl!

Hope you guys tune in for progress, I will also be doing updates via Instagram on my page @distaste.co

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

I love 240s. Can't wait to see how this goes
      E34 build thread link
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
      e_dirty_4

Comment

Good luck with the build! I have airlift rear bags specific to this car, if you’re goin that route. Only 1500 miles on them. Northern Jersey. Emm.fintz@gmail.com
        Always have cars for sale. Fast e21 bimmer. Bagged 9th gen civic

Comment

Woah woah woahhhhhh! Haven't updated this since I bought the car due to taking a massive paycut and then having rent on top of that, so mods weren't in the budget!

I've since moved back in with my parents as I start to save for a house and started working at my old gig making better money again.

IMG_8685 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Within the first two days of me moving back I was out hanging with all my old car friends! This car is owned by the same guy who had the black Zenki in the original post.

IMG_9034 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Went to the local track to shoot some skid racers.

IMG_8831 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

For Fox's sake!

IMG_8872 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

IMG_8772 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Posted up on a friends grom for a new facebook profile pic

240 Build Thread by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Oh look! Another Nissan on jackstands in my parent's driveway!

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about. My friend with the S13 was kind enough to gift me a welded diff for taking photos of his car. I had to swap diff covers because he wants the J30 cover back.

Some friends came over to help

Painted my rear cover, not sure if you'll be able to see it or not.

That's all for now! Hoping to get coilovers and arms within the next few weeks and take it out to the track!

Comment

Been a bit since my last update. The exhaust was annoying the hell out of me due to a heat shield rattling, and I wanted to get a full exhaust regardless.

IMG_9301 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Picked up this ISR header for $100 never mounted, score! I also painted the valve cover wrinkle black and tossed in some new spark plugs, along with wires.

IMG_9294 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

To match the header, I also picked up the ISR MBSE Type-E exhaust, relatively quiet until you get until about 4000 rpm at WOT. Super nice for cruising!

IMG_9295 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Replaced the old, worn bushings while I was at it.

IMG_9296 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

First piece in

IMG_9297 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Mid pipe attached as well

IMG_9298 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Final piece of the puzzle: ISR test pipe that I also ordered at the same time I got the catback.

IMG_9335 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Picked up a new helmet too!

IMG_9338 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

As well as coilovers. It seems I'm going full ISR everything on this car. My friend with the silver S13 has these along with their control arms and his car rides great.

IMG_9341 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Rears on. Wheels are SVE Cobra R replicas. 17x10.5 +20 with a Federal 235/40r17 square
            Note: the fender is not a bad hack job by me, rust, unfortunately!

IMG_9343 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Bit of a fitment issue with the front! The wheels would not clear the coilovers, so I borrowed a friends 25mm spacers that were collecting dust. After some measurements I found out I can run a 15mm spacer instead.

IMG_9344 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

On the drivers side, I gave the fenders a pretty aggressive roll and pull. Had an issue with the one section not wanting to pull out as far, I'll have to figure it out another day.

IMG_9342 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

How the car currently sits.
            Last edited by Kyrin; 07-30-2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Looking good on the new wheels and parts
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                Looking good on the new wheels and parts
                Thanks man!

IMG_9352 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

15mm spacer showed up in the mail, I also didn't realize that on the ISR coils there is a second hole to move the bolts for the camber plates so you can increase your negative camber settings. Above is the result of those two things working together.

IMG_9349 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Both fronts done.

IMG_9351 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Fitment is pretty tight. I'm concerned/interested to see how it will do under load at the track. I have about .5" of threads showing between the lower spring collar and the bottom mounting point.

IMG_9358 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Also parked the poop coupe and the space coupe together hah

IMG_9348 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Next thing is to dial in the rear camber and do an eyeball alignment on toe. After that is set, I'll be taking it to a friend to do a full laser alignment!

Comment

Love it.

Comment

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

Ded poop coupe by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Got the 14 aligned on Saturday, started to rub through the wiring harness. All of my gauges went on the drive home. I took the drivers side fender off and tucked it hoping it would be "good enough" to run Sunday. Boy was I wrong hahahah. As you can see, I ended up getting the car towed home. Those wires are important apparently, who would've thought!

IMG_9471-2 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

So I spent the day doing ride alongs and trying to get some cool photos.

IMG_9386 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Then I got this sequence of a solid tandem boop

IMG_9425 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

IMG_9426 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

I have no idea how bad it is currently. I do know that it ended up rubbing through the hood release cable. Planning to take the fender off and extend the harness within the next few days so I can tuck it up further, along with raising the car about 1-1.5 inches. The fronts were also rubbing on the inner fender well at full lock, so it looks like I'll be getting narrow wheels for the front too haha.

Comment

Update time!

So as you can see, I got new fenders. The OEM metal ones were starting to rust badly. As much as I wanted oem metal, unfortunately they have gotten extremely hard to come by :/ I ended up picking these duraflex ones off of a local guy for cheap. They don't fit extremely well, but they will work for the time being.

I also raised the front of the car around an inch or so to help with rubbing

The rear on the other hand...

Got these 30mm overs off the same person for $20 to hold me over while I wait for Fineline to send me my 50mm overs. Sick of rubbing on the stock metal.

Now it just looks like every other 240 with mismatched body panels haha

Turns out that ISR slots the top hole where the coilover mounts to the knuckle so you can add more negative camber. Wish I wouldn't have already spent money on extended lower control arms an inner tie rods now

I also sold two of the tires on the 17x10.5s. Waiting for 17x9s in the mail.

Comment

The cars are so cool !!!
                        drugstore-onlinecatalog.com

Comment

Nice, finally some overfenders not on a clean car!

Comment

Its been a little.

Picked up a Buddy Club fixed back, along with a Tomei knob to replace the bubble jdm asf bro one.

I also picked up a pair of extended LCAs from PBM along with tie rods to match. These have an integrated 7mm spacer for more angle. Haven't gotten around to installing them yet though :/

Comment

Seat looks good. Interior looks like its in great shape as well.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X