Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S-Cargo: 1995 UrS6 Avant

epic car, makes me want a big audi avant land yacht
    front needs to be dropped a few cm and you'll be golden

Hope everyone's having a fun quarantine and staying safe. Had some time this weekend to get the bumper mounted after figuring out how I was gonna do it. The rear Euro bumper is mounted totally differently -- the bolts go through the bumper mounts and into the frame rail from the top, accessed under the trim in the rear hatch. I had to find some M10x90mm bolts and ziptie the corners. I'm still honestly not happy with how they're mounted but this will do for now until I get them painted.

Had to ride around bumperless for a bit!

Here are some shots with the bumper on. I'm sorry the car is disgusting and covered in pollen but I'm stoked, I know these are subtle changes but this is the way the C4 chassis should look without all the US bullshit!

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Well, I had sudden appendicitis and needed surgery so I'll be resting at home for the next week or two. On Sunday I took the cars out for some photos (literally went to hospital that night). Decided to re-pay for Lightroom and got a couple pics, thought I'd post them here!

Avant and my Passat G60

Haven't been on here in a while, life got in the way etc etc. Long story short, the Avant blew up but is being rebuilt. I let my friend borrow the car because he needed to get back from Atlanta to his house in Myrtle Beach and bring some parts with him. He hit some sort of debris in the road that severed the oil cooler line and the motor locked up. Took out a few bearings and the crankshaft but the rest is okay.

The good news is the car is getting new bearings, a new crankshaft, forged rods etc etc which will make it good to 600hp or so. Good thing my buddy who blew it up is a mechanic lol. Also replacing every accessory (alternator, AC compressor, water pump etc etc) while we're in there. I was hoping to have it done by H2Oi but it's almost finished now. Here are some random pics of the teardown.

Cant wait to see it back together. I feel your pain on the motor pull haha.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

And there is why I NEVER borrow cars from anyone LOL I'd kill myself if your engine blew while I was driving, even if I had nothing to do with it hahaha

Anyways, glad to see you're making lemonade out of life lemons, 600hp will be super fun on this

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Nearing completion on the engine build. Ended up going with forged rods, ARP head studs, OE main bolts, Calico coated main and rod bearings. The car had a head rebuild a few years ago with 7A (higher lift) cams so that's staying as is for now.

The car should be good to go E85 on the turbo I have already which should net 475whp or so. I can always go for a bigger turbo later but I don't know how much more I want to do lol. As of now it should be pretty solid at the current power level with the EFR turbo. Rods are the main limitation of these engines above 400hp or so.

Block cleaned and painted. I really wish I had more pics of this process but my phone died in January and I lost everything. You wouldn't believe how filthy it was before.

Also, I'm STOKED about this -- picked up some used KW coilovers for the avant and a rust free gas tank! Both are unobtanium. The KWs are the best coilovers available for the UrS4/S6, go the lowest, and they are really hard to find because you have to ship your uprights to Germany to be modified. I got them from a guy in Minnesota so they look a little rough around the edges but they only have 15k miles on them.

Here's the gas tank, which some of you might remember I had to do on my last UrS6 too. It's a bitch lol.

Very pumped to see the engine is being rebuilt and that there is action coming back to this thread!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

How did I not see this build before? I love the Ur-S4/S6 platform. Nice to see one getting a propper build. Looking forward to the progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, Loved it so far!

I am the literal worst at updating things. I might just type this in list format and then dump a bunch of pics because my brain works better that way.

Cliffs notes of what happened since the last update.

- Got the engine assembled and dropped into the car.

- Had to take it back out because we forgot to put a gasket on the rear main seal. Consider aliven't. Take engine back out.

- Put it back in again.

- Would turn over great but no spark. Knew it was something simple, but decided to have the car trailered up to Atlanta to my house so I could work on it methodically rather than driving 12 hours round trip every weekend to see the car. It took two hours to maneuver the tow truck into and back out of my driveway.

- Ended up being an ECU fuse that we checked multiple times but only looked blown when you looked at it from the right angle.

- At this point, the car still had the coolant hoses empty/not hooked up but wanted to move it in the garage. Clutch pedal on floor. Fvck. Bled the slave cylinder. It moves!!!!

- It would crank and fire for a bit but acted like it was flooding and wouldnt stay running long enough to drive into the garage.

- Called buddies. Offered beer. Got the car into the garage and started putting shit back together, trying to plug sensors in, etc.

- Realized the VEMS ECU was seeing a coolant temp of 40 degrees below zero. Realized the wires to the ECU temp sensor were totally severed. Fixed that bitch.

- Took it for its first drive since July!!!!

- Drove it down to Atlanta at rush hour to install KW coilovers on the front, charge the AC, etc.

- Overheated in rush hour traffic. Flexed on the side of the road. Maybe air in the system?

- Got to buddy's shop. Bled cooling system. Installed front coils. Not low enough.

- Got home. Realized that these cars have separate fuses/relays for 3 separate speeds of the same stupid fan. Fuse for low speed was blown. Replaced fuse. fan works, no more overheating, despite the fact that the low speed fan only has to do with AC or the after-run coolant pump.

- Installed rear KW coilovers and went lower in the front.

- Cleaned the car up for Helen. Was paranoid and packed a ton of tools and spare parts. Ended up needing none of them. Had an absolute BLAST. Finally done with the 500 break-in miles now so it's time to get S P I C Y!!!!

Both the W H I P S in HELEN!

Dang, this has me searching for old Audis (except of course for the major mechanical headaches...). So glad it's up and running. Looking good!