No announcement yet.

S-Cargo: 1995 UrS6 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really thought I had posted another update, but I guess my computer lost it. Whoops! I'm going to condense as much of this as I can.

Long story short, my buddy who I bought the car from wanted a smaller turbo for his rally car build. He traded me an EFR 6758 for the 6258 that was on there. This turbo should do something like 370whp on 93 and 450whp on E85 (although I'd need some upgrades to be able to run E85 and that much power). He came up for Caffeine and Octane one morning and we swapped turbos afterwards. Still looks pretty subtle, but I did work on detailing the engine bay some.

In August we took the Avant down to Road Atlanta for Gridlife. It was the ideal tailgate vehicle -- plenty of room for beer and friends plus rear-facing third row seats!

We thought about driving it all the way to Ocean City for H2Oi, but it was just too long of a drive to risk. 12 hours for us, plus temps in the 90s the whole way would have been no bueno. We took the S5 instead and had a blast, and the car did perfect with cold AC on the 1500 mile trip.

A bit of a life update: Got a promotion of sorts and I'm now a territory sales manager for NAPA. They gave me a company car (2019 Legacy), so I essentially don't need my own car that much anymore. Right now I have two, and I'm making payments on the S5, so it's time to get rid of it. That's okay though, it gives me more time to focus on the wagon! This weekend I spent about six hours working on paint correction.

The process I used was Meguiar's M105, followed by M205, followed by Sonax Spray/Seal sealant. As you can see I didn't get anywhere close to 100% correction, because
    a) I don't know what I'm doing, and
    b) the paint is too far gone to be perfect. The hood and bumpers need to be resprayed for sure, and I'd argue the rest of the car needs it too. The clear coat is intact but has spider cracks in it.

Here's an idea of what we were working with. Corrected on the left, 25 years and 300k miles of scratches and abuse on the right:

One more before and after (note my Slav squat):

Now onto the after shots! Still not perfect by any means but a hell of a lot better. The car is actually black now. Some driveway pics and then some shot at a local spot, just with the phone. Thanks for reading guys!

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Looking good! Congrats on the promotion as well!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Looking good bud, nice meeting you in OC

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Congrats!

Cars looks good and it's a shame for the S5, the first one I actually like!

Comment

Nice progress with the car, wheels suit it. Need some rolling shots as well.

I miss my black urs4 I had in the uk, nice car.

Comment

Hold on to that thing forever!

Comment

Okay guys, sorry it's been forever since I updated this. Lots of changes in my life the last couple months lol.

Went to the Tail of the Dragon, it was an awesome and much-needed trip. The wagon did great but I toasted the rear brakes trying to keep up with an RS3. My avant and my buddy's allroad in this photo.

I moved, new garage for the avant but my roommate and I have 6 cars between us rn so this is almost never possible!

No pics of this, but I was able to track down a boost leak and now the car pulls like a freight train with the new turbo. Beyond that, haven't been able to do much to it because of life stuff and traveling for work until this weekend.

First, we got some rare snow in Georgia! This thing performed amazingly in it, I actually was able to zip around a cluster of stranded cars and make it up a huge hill Saturday -- it was hilarious watching people have no idea how an old station wagon could do that.

Oh yeah, I also sent it and bought my dream wheels. These are 18" OZ Futura, brushed faces, polished lips, gold hardware, and red gen 1 center caps. I'm super stoked.

They cleared my brakes, I was super worried!!

Here are some shots of the car during a test fit to end things. Keep in mind the front needs to come down another inch. I am planning on bagging it in the relatively near future but for now will probably take about half coil out of the front springs. Not worried about ride quality given the Bilstein Sport shocks and how firm the springs are already, at least for a temporary measure. It also needs larger tires -- these came with 205/40 and 215/40 on 9/10" wide wheels. Ordered 225/40 all around for Quattro reasons and to fit the size of these wheel wells a little better. With all that being said, I'm stoked!!

Comment

The new wheels look perfect on there. I was wondering what you were up to with it.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Love the new wheels really takes the car to the next level!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Haven't been on SW in forever. This looks like shit. That is all.
                      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                        Haven't been on SW in forever. This looks like the shit. That is all.
                        Wut!? Fixed that for you buddy.
                        Last edited by cblock406; 02-19-2020, 06:06 PM.

@projects_always

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                          The new wheels look perfect on there. I was wondering what you were up to with it.
                          Thanks man!! Been a minute.

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                          Love the new wheels really takes the car to the next level!
                          Thanks!!

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                          Haven't been on SW in forever. This looks like shit. That is all.
                          Ok Dapperboi <3

Oh, I got 225/40 tires mounted all around on the Futuras. Waiting to get home from bumblefuck south GA tomorrow and I should be able to mount the wheels for good!

Comment

Stoked to see the new wheels after the ride height is adjusted, but def keep the Panteras around.

Comment

Couple of pics with the new tires, don't mind the fact that it has one orange side marker! They're notorious for flying off on the highway and I grabbed a spare one out of the garage while new ones come in lmao.

Comment

Needs more low in the front and a bit more in the back but that wide rear view is something super rare to see nowadays
                                Just personal taste but futuras with "tall" center caps look weird to me, I think they look better with low ones and chrome/carbon ring around...or no caps at all LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X