S-Cargo: 1995 UrS6 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kenz View Post
    I love how I only keep up with the little naunces of your car from your build thread! I didn't know any of this until that coolant reservoir showed up on our doorstep haha. As for that sealant, I call dibs on using it on the Focus this weekend!

As for wheels, I know you're a sucker for period-correct Euro! I think some Porsche Cup wheels, OZ Futuras, or even a set of Fuchs (Too bad we just sold mine, but they'd be too small anyways.) would be cool. I almost said BBS LM but ehhhh idk. The avant has such a big butt I want big strong wheels on it. Borbet Type A? I don't know. Something weird. Look at this big low daddy!

I love you!
    I am definitely down for some big thicc wheels on it. <3

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
    In my opinion this needs something BIG, do you want to keep period correct tyre sizes or just period correct design?
    I would like something like porsche turbos on it (etabeta or maybe artec?) or carline cm6s, but in 18-19 size. But that is just in the "euro classic" category, I think something jdm and nuts would look crazy on this big dadwagon
    I just kind of want design that would work cohesively with the lines of the car. The sedan's Anteras were pretty objectively ugly but still kinda worked with the car haha. This thing being a wagon can pull off 19s better than a sedan so I might end up going with 19s. Definitely not 16s or 17s, they may have come with 16s from the factory but these cars are just too big for that sort of thing.

I would love to find some SSR Koening to make the brakes really pop.

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Installed the FK badgeless grille I had in storage.

Gave the interior some love. This photo is of what was extracted from only the driver's side floor mat. The PO was a big mountain biker so while the interior was in good shape, it was just very dirty.

Results.

Comment

Get on S2forum, there's loads of threads and info about these cars. Urs4boy (dave) is from Canada and great with help and tips for keeping them running.

My previous s2 ran fine when cold but when warm the coilpacks broke down under boost, the wiring goes brittle underneath the cover, at least yours has been upgraded.

Comment

Nice car!

For coilovers I'd send GAZ Shocks in UK an email. I've asked them about a set for my Audi V8 and the price is way better than 2 Bennet's. + you only really need the fronts if you can't fabricate them yourself. The rear's you get a set of threaded tubes that will slide over a stock damper body, the original spring seat will hold it in place. If you're going to go way low a set of shorter dampers all around would be for the best.
          For the front you can do the same if you have a welder. Remove the shock strut and cut of the original spring seat, maybe even shorten the tube if you get dampers with a shorter body. Then weld a ring in that will be the seat for the threaded tube. Then you can put bilstein shocks on and still have a much better setup for less than half of what 2 bennet wants

Wheelwise... I've had two C4's, and look long for a set of 5x112 17" fat five's but never found a set while owning one of the C4's :/ But it's a wheel model that fit's it very well!

Couple of pics from a finnish forum of a dark C4 Avant with fat fives: http://audi-style.lv/forum/topic/85916-opic-c4/page-2
          Last edited by Cassius; 04-24-2019, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Not a ton going on with the car but it is low-ish now! Right before Alpine VAG fair in Helen, GA I took the car down to my buddy's shop to work on suspension and A/C. Georgia heat is BRUTAL. Through some magical process of jiujitsu I ended up getting access to the same exact springs I was running on my old sedan. Turns out the new owner thought it rode too harshly...

Anyway, here's the car on the lift. You can see the springs on -- with actual Bilstein Sports the ride is not bad at all and it feels a lot less like a boat.

We also swapped AC compressors. What would have been a simple job turned into a pain in the ass because we broke the fitting off the compressor trying to unscrew it. Had to swap part of the housing from old compressor to new compressor. The AC blows pretty cold now, but I'm running into an issue where it doesn't like to return to idle with the AC on. Believe this is something related to the VEMS engine management and how it talks to the idle valve. Hopefully a new ISV will fix it.

Made the 2 hour drive to Helen flawlessly, then it puked all its coolant into the parking lot literally as I pulled up to our Airbnb.

Turns out the problem was the exact same heater core return hose under the intake manifold that failed on my last UrS6.

Brought it to work to get the tires mounted on the big RIMZ for the S5!

Finally here's a shot of the "stance" with the 15mm spacers and KAW springs on Bilstein Sport shocks. Now I'm just looking for a nice, period correct wheel to set the car off. Nothing crazy stancey.

Comment

Looks very nice, I like it.

Now a test fit the S5 wheels is a must

Comment

Looks very nice, I like it.

Now a test fit the S5 wheels is a must

Comment

Looks good with the new springs on.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

OK, update time. I've kind of been putting this off for a while.

After Helen in May, my work got absolutely insane and I didn't have time to do anything for at least a month.

Don't have a lot of pics because my phone had an accident, but I ended up flushing all the rusty gunk out of the cooling system and installing my new reservoir. It took something like 10 gallons of distilled water and 2 courses of radiator flush before it started to run remotely clear. The car had rusty tap water in it before so that was definitely overdue.

Deleted the rear wiper with a 3D printed plug someone on the forums sold me. I really like how it cleans the look up. Was relatively simple to do but I destroyed the notoriously fragile hatch interior trim piece in the process, so I'm on the lookout for one of those.

If you guys remember my sedan on the Anteras, I was able to actually swap my B6 wheels for them back with the current owner of the sedan. It ended up going to a good friend of mine, which is awesome because I get to still see it running around. Here are a couple shots, including my current Avant next to my old sedan and my buddy's green Avant. Something like 1% of UrS6 Avant production in one parking lot haha.

Love the Anteras!!

Refinished the Anteras in a more accurate silver color. Went to Helen over the weekend and recreated last May's photo with the Avant and the same wheels. GF still in picture in general but this time she was in her new S4. The Avant did awesome on the trip.

Today I did a little tinkering -- played around with the VEMS ECU and got some datalogs so the one guy who knows how to tune these cars can revise the file. I think there's some more power in it, especially with the water/meth and the size of the turbo. It's pushing 20-21psi as of now and that's pretty conservative for this setup. Also adjusted the lambda targets so it's a little richer at idle and my AC compressor doesn't kill the car. Down the road planning to optimize the tune, drive the wheels off of it and daily it all winter!

Comment

The anteras look right at home on this thing

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

And they look so easy to clean.....

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          And they look so easy to clean.....
                          Definitely super easy to clean, it's like 1 continuous edge lol.

Got some interior pics, just for fun! The interior is so 90s in these cars. You can also see the carbon trim pretty well.

Comment

Anteras look perfect on the avant, much better than on the sedan. Such an awesome interior
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

what a U N I T

Comment

That cluster man, real style from audi's cool days.

Will you ever remove those pillar/pod gauges and put them somewhere less intrusive? I think they spoil the dashboard's look a lot right now

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X