No announcement yet.

S-Cargo: 1995 UrS6 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am the literal worst at updating things. I might just type this in list format and then dump a bunch of pics because my brain works better that way.

Cliffs notes of what happened since the last update.

- Got the engine assembled and dropped into the car.

- Had to take it back out because we forgot to put a gasket on the rear main seal. Consider aliven't. Take engine back out.

- Put it back in again.

- Would turn over great but no spark. Knew it was something simple, but decided to have the car trailered up to Atlanta to my house so I could work on it methodically rather than driving 12 hours round trip every weekend to see the car. It took two hours to maneuver the tow truck into and back out of my driveway.

- Ended up being an ECU fuse that we checked multiple times but only looked blown when you looked at it from the right angle.

- At this point, the car still had the coolant hoses empty/not hooked up but wanted to move it in the garage. Clutch pedal on floor. Fvck. Bled the slave cylinder. It moves!!!!

- It would crank and fire for a bit but acted like it was flooding and wouldnt stay running long enough to drive into the garage.

- Called buddies. Offered beer. Got the car into the garage and started putting shit back together, trying to plug sensors in, etc.

- Realized the VEMS ECU was seeing a coolant temp of 40 degrees below zero. Realized the wires to the ECU temp sensor were totally severed. Fixed that bitch.

- Took it for its first drive since July!!!!

- Drove it down to Atlanta at rush hour to install KW coilovers on the front, charge the AC, etc.

- Overheated in rush hour traffic. Flexed on the side of the road. Maybe air in the system?

- Got to buddy's shop. Bled cooling system. Installed front coils. Not low enough.

- Got home. Realized that these cars have separate fuses/relays for 3 separate speeds of the same stupid fan. Fuse for low speed was blown. Replaced fuse. fan works, no more overheating, despite the fact that the low speed fan only has to do with AC or the after-run coolant pump.

- Installed rear KW coilovers and went lower in the front.

- Cleaned the car up for Helen. Was paranoid and packed a ton of tools and spare parts. Ended up needing none of them. Had an absolute BLAST. Finally done with the 500 break-in miles now so it's time to get S P I C Y!!!!

Both the W H I P S in HELEN!

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Dang, this has me searching for old Audis (except of course for the major mechanical headaches...). So glad it's up and running. Looking good!

Comment

Working...
      X