Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The world needs the e28 convertible. right?

Default The world needs the e28 convertible. right?

Hi! I thought i might share my build with you guys. A few months ago while i was building a track only drift car out of my old loved e36 coupé it hit me. Why build a car that i can drive a few times a year when i can build a car that i can drive the whole summer on the streets? So i sold my old loved car to start a new build! Before and after my old build:

Then i started planning this thing. I wanted another e28 but in mint condition. But still i wanted a convertible car. I could´nt manage to decide so i thought to myself.. An e28 2 door convertible must look kind of strange? right? Then i started looking for builds and i found like 2 pics of beat up e28s that they just cut the roof of. Then i made some stuff in photoshop and then i fell in love!

So. As my 518 was parked in a lamp post last winter it will be my parts car. I managed to find a 520 chassis that had been sitting stripped out in the Swedish weather for a few years. I went to take a look and there was not to much rust and after a few days and 50 dollars it was mine!

I stripped the car and then i did build a frame around the car so it can stand on the side so i can weld under the car. I have made a shortened rear door, I starded cutting up the sides for reinforcements and to move the b-pillar 200mm backwards. I found a bit of rust on some places but it´s not to bad!

So what i expect from this build is in short terms:

Reinforce the whole chassis (i leave it to my father that works as a constructor)
    Make a 2 door convertible (200mm longer front doors)
    Move the rear fender flare up a bit to flater stance without tuck
    custom air suspension
    working softtop and a hardtop
    custom interior
    get it legal here in Sweden as a custom built vehicle
    make it look like it was a convertible from the factory.
    total restoration
    cleaned out engine bay

I think this will be a really cool car that will be like no other e28! if you have any questions feel free to post here or pm!
    Last edited by Pekå; 10-19-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Subscribed??? Absolutely!!! Love what your doing, this is gonna be epic
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

I'm all in for this!!!

...and YES, the world does need the E28 Convertible!!

progress IS a slow process

In for this.

hope it comes out as good as this vert conversion

Oh. My. Lord. This is groundbreaking stuff here. Potential cover page stuff.

Holy shit fire what a way to light up the pages of Stance Works, please don't disappoint us

Also that E34 wasn't a conversion as such, it was actually built by BMW. The cars still alive in their secret vault in Munich, but a few people have recently started to speculate they might have made two

very interesting history, regardless very interested in this build

Can't wait to see the outcome of this. Should be awesome!
    1986 BMW 528e - Delphin Grey - 5spd
    1986 Toyota Cressida - Dark Blue Metallic - 1JZ VVTI swap, AR5 transmission
    1990 Honda Civic Wagon - Rio Red - Daily Driver
    Instagram: @kibur

thanks guys!

from what i understand the e34 was build in 1 ex of a 2 door coupé and 1 ex of a convertible but they scrapped the idea before production started. i hope that it will turn out BETTER than the e34 vert

ty the way. i want to get an engine for the car.. the engine bay is going to be cleaned out so i think of a small 4 cylinder engine with itbs and trumpets what dou you guys think of a stock rebuilt m10 with trumpets?

oh my god i cant wait for this.

this is gonna be mad!

BMW E36 Touring Sport - http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76178
    Instagram: @Vish399

I'd go for a M50B25, a straight 6 sounds and drives much better. Can't wait to see where this goes.

great idea! Please put a v8 in it, m60b40 f.ex
    Last edited by superturbodiesel.com; 10-19-2016 at 07:31 PM.
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=35341&dateline=134303  4155

Yes please

i kinda got bored on the build thread page, but damn this project is gonna be so fucking awesome when its finished.

I already need moaarrr updates

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

I'm thinking that a straight 4 with itbs and trumpets will look more clean in the engine bay 😇 and as it is a 520 the rules say that maximum is a 20% hp increase if i want it legal 😕 so a m10 would be legal but a m42 would be more powerful but way more work.. I wont be in a hurry cause it's going to be a cruiser and my m10 in the parts car just keep going 😂 need a rebuild though after ice lake drifting and overheating and shit..

But everyone thanks for the support! It's really fun to see that people are interested in the build cause alot of people has been negative and thought that buying a e30 cab is the way out.. But this is way more fun and i just love the look of the e28😎

I will keep posting!

subscribed

If you want a good 4 cylinder engine, an e30 S14 (if they don't cost you your entire lifes work) or an M42/44. If you get the m42/44 it doesnt take too much to make them into a 200bhp engine that will show up m50b25's! and they are rev happy little buggers! I am so in for this. E28 cabby? Hell yes.
    I am a party pooper. I poop at parties.

Yeah that would be great but i don't know.. I want a m42/m44 but that would be more work, more cables and shit to hide and get rid of..

I'm still very hype on a m10 though.. It would be so nice with a polished m10 with itbs and trumpets �� but the time will decide i guess..

After removing the threshold(?) or what it's called in english.. Well the "side skirts".. I found a bit of rust. So right not i got to do som rust fixes before i reinforce them.. But the next part is moving the b-pillar! Should be fun to see how the rear door lines up ��

I've seen the E34 convertible and it's beautiful.

I so hope this project gets finished. I'm in.

Can't wait to see some progress!

So.. i have´nt done so much on the car but i started looking for rust.. and i found some. then i found more. then i found more. then i took a hammer and found even more..

so yeah. the welder is going to be used alot in the near future
    well here are some stuff i found and i guess it´s as much on the other side to. yey! i got some of it tacked there for now.

right now when winter is coming my daily will get some attention it´s nothing special but it takes me to where i want to go. sometimes.. oilchange, fresh antifreeze and air filter, new handbrake pads and wiper blades. at least it´s not leaking oil after i fixed the valve cover gasket

so yeah right now my father is doing his magic with the reinforcements and i will get my daily going and then it´s just to get going with the rust fixing!

Sub'd Bro!!!