No announcement yet.

S-Cargo: 1995 UrS6 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK friendos, little bit of a minor update thing because I have nothing else to do and don't wanna leave the house anymore. Thanks coronavirus!

Took the car to Caffeine and Octane for the first time with the new wheels -- also, took the roof rack off. I don't like how it looks and it's a 2 min job to put on when I need to use it.

Got some side markers for a grand total of $18 from Latvia to replace one that flew off and one that was cloudy and had seen better days.

At this time I still thought Riverside was gonna be happening, so I've been working on getting the car ready a lot (Futuras, etc etc). I sourced a refinished OEM UrS6 Plus 6-speed knob to help the interior out a little bit. It had a trashed B5 S4 knob in it that I never liked and didn't flow visually with the interior. Pics of the knob and then pics with it installed.

Finally, here's something I'm SUPER stoked about. Euro bumpers for these cars front and rear make them 6-8" shorter and get rid of a lot of the stupid overhangs/make them look more aggressive, but they're almost impossible to find in the states. I paid far too much money for a set in OEM black from a kid in NJ, and then a super cool dude I met through the community stopped by and delivered them on his way to visit family in Florida!! I had to improvise for corner mounts for the front. The rear isn't on yet but I plan on installing it in the near future.

Tore off the destroyed US bumper and all the crappy mounts.

Installed, US bumper in the background on my roommate's wagon. You can see the difference -- Euro is flatter and sticks out less which gives it a more aggressive profile.

So I drove the car all the way up to the TN mountains on Friday afternoon only to find out Riverside had been cancelled. Still stayed in an Airbnb with friends and had a blast. Here is a pic of the car up there post-wash where you can see the bumper.

Next for the car is rear brake upgrade, oil change, and Euro rear bumper! Stay tuned for coronabuild 2020. And also more low in the front at some point. These pics make it look really exaggerated because it had a ton of wheels/tools/luggage in the back.
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Nice find on the bumpers, especially finding them in black.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I've never seen the euro bumpers on a wagon before. It makes the profile a lot more agressive

Comment

Look at how cool the rear is in the last pic, just needs a lil more camber and to be set at that height full time and same for the front

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Nice score sourcing those bumpers, totally worth it!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
            "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
            SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

epic car, makes me want a big audi avant land yacht
              front needs to be dropped a few cm and you'll be golden
              Gruz

Comment

Hope everyone's having a fun quarantine and staying safe. Had some time this weekend to get the bumper mounted after figuring out how I was gonna do it. The rear Euro bumper is mounted totally differently -- the bolts go through the bumper mounts and into the frame rail from the top, accessed under the trim in the rear hatch. I had to find some M10x90mm bolts and ziptie the corners. I'm still honestly not happy with how they're mounted but this will do for now until I get them painted.

Had to ride around bumperless for a bit!

Here are some shots with the bumper on. I'm sorry the car is disgusting and covered in pollen but I'm stoked, I know these are subtle changes but this is the way the C4 chassis should look without all the US bullshit!

Comment

Well, I had sudden appendicitis and needed surgery so I'll be resting at home for the next week or two. On Sunday I took the cars out for some photos (literally went to hospital that night). Decided to re-pay for Lightroom and got a couple pics, thought I'd post them here!

Avant and my Passat G60

Comment

Haven't been on here in a while, life got in the way etc etc. Long story short, the Avant blew up but is being rebuilt. I let my friend borrow the car because he needed to get back from Atlanta to his house in Myrtle Beach and bring some parts with him. He hit some sort of debris in the road that severed the oil cooler line and the motor locked up. Took out a few bearings and the crankshaft but the rest is okay.

The good news is the car is getting new bearings, a new crankshaft, forged rods etc etc which will make it good to 600hp or so. Good thing my buddy who blew it up is a mechanic lol. Also replacing every accessory (alternator, AC compressor, water pump etc etc) while we're in there. I was hoping to have it done by H2Oi but it's almost finished now. Here are some random pics of the teardown.

Comment

Cant wait to see it back together. I feel your pain on the motor pull haha.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

And there is why I NEVER borrow cars from anyone LOL I'd kill myself if your engine blew while I was driving, even if I had nothing to do with it hahaha

Anyways, glad to see you're making lemonade out of life lemons, 600hp will be super fun on this

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Nearing completion on the engine build. Ended up going with forged rods, ARP head studs, OE main bolts, Calico coated main and rod bearings. The car had a head rebuild a few years ago with 7A (higher lift) cams so that's staying as is for now.

The car should be good to go E85 on the turbo I have already which should net 475whp or so. I can always go for a bigger turbo later but I don't know how much more I want to do lol. As of now it should be pretty solid at the current power level with the EFR turbo. Rods are the main limitation of these engines above 400hp or so.

Block cleaned and painted. I really wish I had more pics of this process but my phone died in January and I lost everything. You wouldn't believe how filthy it was before.

Also, I'm STOKED about this -- picked up some used KW coilovers for the avant and a rust free gas tank! Both are unobtanium. The KWs are the best coilovers available for the UrS4/S6, go the lowest, and they are really hard to find because you have to ship your uprights to Germany to be modified. I got them from a guy in Minnesota so they look a little rough around the edges but they only have 15k miles on them.

Here's the gas tank, which some of you might remember I had to do on my last UrS6 too. It's a bitch lol.

Comment

Very pumped to see the engine is being rebuilt and that there is action coming back to this thread!
                            IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

How did I not see this build before? I love the Ur-S4/S6 platform. Nice to see one getting a propper build. Looking forward to the progress.
                              Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing where this goes, Loved it so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X