Still a "misero duemila"

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
      Still a "misero duemila"
      At least it starts everytime

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        Also your e30 makes me miss my old one so we are feeling the same why can't a honest car guy have like 30 cars? Big questions in life.
        Why can't we have at least 10 cars, really....
        I can sell you a little e30, that was imported from Italy originally, if you want to stay location correct Warning - it's slower than your e36.
        Also, can't wait to read your feedback on the BBK. Been thinking about upgrading to this combo.
        "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
        Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

This is looking great! I really love the paint, makes me want to repaint my Schwarz 2 sedan...

Comment

At least it starts everytime
            Too harsh vez, you're not love me like you used to do anymore

Comment

HOOP-DATE

Well hello everyone, really late update on this as a lot went on behind the scenes. Now that the forums are back up I will try to catch up to date with this thing.

Starting from where we left, the brakes do actually work. I had a trackday on october 27th, had a lot of fun and with the actual ability to slow the car down in a consistent way I managed to bring my time down to 1:32:00 on the first round, considering I only had 3 good laps out of it cause of obnoxious traffic I was very satisfied. Ran a couple rounds in my friend's 500, then got to drive my last turn of the day and that's when shit went south.

Long story short, a dude in an STI I was kinda tailgating (my bad) decided to suddenly slow down or something right on the end of the fastest turn, I lifted the gas and corrected my trajectory to avoid bumping into him, lost the rear end and ended up slightly kissing a wall.
              Shit happens and I knew it but I hoped the first accident in this once perfect car would not happen on my second track day, guess driver inexperience, chasing times in track traffic and super stiff and unforgiving setup claimed their victim.

So, next day I brought the car to the body shop and ordered the needed parts, took a month to get them only to find out they were wrong (post-facelift grille), so I had my car back just after new year's.
              Got it back and immediately dismantled it as I sold my suspension and ordered new custom BCs, and my fancy wheels were sent back to the factory to be checked and warrantied cause they turned out to be defected too (lucky me).

In the meantime:

I bought some shiny stuff for my m50 turbo build. Manifold is not very well done, turbo flange is warped and welds are sub par but for the money it cost I am ok with fixing it.

Also found another really good set of 18" style32s and bought them for a steal, since I sold the ones I had before

Tried them on but they need a 15mm spacer to clear my brakes so they are a no go, up in the wheels stash they go

Then I found another set of wheels I've always liked for next to nothing and bought them too, I want to go back to 18s anyways so will probably try and use these even tho they weight a metric ton each (12.9kg, dang)

Last but not least here is the stupidest mod so far, I grew tired of the fart cannon burning my rear diffuser cause it did not fit and it pointed down which sucked, so I took it off and changed it for this tiny jap-looking thing

It makes me laugh my ass off everytime I see it, dunno why but I love it, probably a cop magnet but whatever.
              Just a polished piece of 2.125" stainless pipe and a couple tig welds, nothing fancy, but fun thing is it quietened the car down by 12decibels and it now sounds a bit like an old carbed car at idle, would not have expected such difference for a couple of inches of smaller pipe.
              Second pic featuring my winter daily a.k.a. my tiny and painfully slow work van

That's it for now until I get my shit together again, sadly the engine build will be delayed a bit cause money went into the front end rebuild, and I will be saving up for my mk1 build that's starting to need some parts other than fabrication supplies...and the "project" I'm most excited about, a trip to Florida for a month this coming June!
              I will be staying in Orlando and around for a good bit so if anyone is local maybe we can meet up, I will try to go to as many events as I can and I'll just wander around trying to see how living in the US is so if you bump into a dumb italian looking like he's in disneyland that'll probably be me
              Last edited by Fruttolo; 02-09-2020, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Why you still buy 18" wheels?!

Comment

Why you still buy 18" wheels?!
                  Sorry but I tried 17s and I can't adapt to the small wheels LOL

Comment

Holy crap have I missed a lot of updates. First off, the brake upgrade looks awesome! Was sad to see the front-end damage, but you followed right up with the repair, so the upset was short-lived. Hope you enjoy Florida!

Comment

Sorry but I tried 17s and I can't adapt to the small wheels LOL
                      Small wheels are life

Comment

Small wheels are life
                        You know I love them too, just not on e36s LOL

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        Holy crap have I missed a lot of updates. First off, the brake upgrade looks awesome! Was sad to see the front-end damage, but you followed right up with the repair, so the upset was short-lived. Hope you enjoy Florida!
                        Thanks Miro, I appreciate you appreciating my simple car, I was thinking about your rant yesterday while observing this thing and even tho I love big projects I admit the thing I love the most about this is it just works, when it's not at bodyshops
                        I have some life changes I hope to make, but if I can afford another car in the near future I'm thinking about retiring this from track duty and just get a beater for that cause it hurt my heart to see such a pristine car in that sad state

Comment

Stick with 18s, you have convinced me that is the way to go on E36s haha.

Also that pipe is hilarious but if it works it works. Maybe you can make a Laguna Seca cheater pipe next, go full race car

Comment

Originally posted by bwwaaaa View Post
                            Stick with 18s, you have convinced me that is the way to go on E36s haha.

Also that pipe is hilarious but if it works it works. Maybe you can make a Laguna Seca cheater pipe next, go full race car
                            Hell yes, 18s from now on for street driving, I'll go back to 17s only if I need them for track use.

I actually thought about doing a turndown like all the cool drifty kids do rn but I propped some piecuts under there and it plain sucked, even to my weird ass taste cheater pipes are hilarious too, ingenuity at it's finest
                            Btw the infamous (although super funny looking) exhaust tip is held on the muffler by 4 heavy tacks, so that if I grow tired of it again (or some law enforcer does not like it) I can stick another one in without making a whole new exhaust

Comment

WHOOPS-DATE

Happy to see the forums up and working again, kinda feared it was over forever.
                              Well, here we go

Behold my best looks/performance compromise yet (in my humble opinion of course).
                              Bought some 225/35 Nankang semislicks, got them mounted on the heavy ass 69s

As you can see by the look of the sidewall on a 8.5" wide wheel...they're fat haha, it's almost a 235 width and the sidewall looks as tall as a "normal" /40

Whatever, I went and threw them on the dirty ass car, kinda adjusted the height and took a bunch of fancy (to my standards) pics

Here it was fitted with 15mm spacers in the rear but it was rubbing under compression, I switched them for some 10mm I had and was able to lower it a tad more, so it now sits almost flat. Sadly, I tried to lower the front 5mm and 20min later mangled a fender. Solved the issue by banging the inner fender lips with a ratchet wrench (ghetto roll) and raising it back up.
                              I would like to be able to keep it 1/2" lower front and rear but unless I switch back to narrower street tyres it's a no-no, and I must say I enjoy the semislicks too much to take them off. We got hit with the corona bullshit the day after I reassembled this pos so I don't have pics or videos, but managed to sneak out and do a couple of touge runs and it slays now, feels a lot more "alive", feels slower than the previous setup but it's actually a lot faster (weird).

Well, here it is. Sorry for kinda uninteresting and unfinished update, hope this crap ends quick for everyone and can't wait to drive this car again.
                              Everyone stay safe, even tho safety third and if you can manage to self-isolate yourself in your car up some twisties I salute and envy you

I'm out

P.s. Yes I still like the stinger exhaust tip

Comment

Love the look on these wheels, and those Nankangs look sweet too. I found a source for them in the US, so I may give them a show with my next wheel setup!

Stay safe, hopefully this Covid nightmare passes soon and you’ll be able to open this up on the track again!

Comment

Working...
                                X