I've got a dream: BMW powered RatRod/T-bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
    Cant view these pics anymore on any device, this was one of my favourite threads!!!
    I still see them all man

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
      I still see them all man
      Can see images up to half way down the second page then its a few pages with unavailable images :'-(
      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• That's a bummer. Pics are still working for me, except for the deleted pics on posts 107 & 108...everything else is showing. Maybe check back later, could be something up with the pic hosting service

Comment

• Comment

• This thing is so cool! Is it running and driving?

Comment

• Wow!

Comment

• Todays project; Finally finished modifying the Coyote 5.0 headers to bolt up and seal against the BMW heads. Then tacked the auger style mufflers in place.

Also made the steering wheel shaft one with the steering gear input/worm gear shaft:

And because I'm a nerd:

Comment

• Now that it's a bit more in full dress & trim, I kind if dig my turning headlights. I had my reservations, still do. But it doesn't seem as awkward as it once did, or I'm getting used to them:

Last edited by Mykk; 04-09-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• I think they look nice, dunno about how they'll feel when driving, I personally **** driving modern cars with turning headlights but it may just be a matter of getting used to it

Comment

• Working on lighting:

via GIPHY

Last edited by Mykk; 04-09-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• via GIPHY

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykk View Post

This right there is desktop material.
                          I actually quite like the turning lights. Not to mention the whole thing! Good work
                          "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                          Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• I had cowl steering & headlights fail.

In order to maintain the headlights on the steering arms of the spindles, I made my own raised tie-rod contact point on the steering arm that relocated the tie-rod to behind the headlight housing:

Unfortunately taking the tie rod contact point out of the spindle axis on the steering arm made for an uneven Left vs Right turning ratio. The wheel turned left at slower rate then it turned right.

Also, my steering rod from the pitman arm was at the wrong angle and this car will have bad bump steer.

After a few days of thinking about, I made the decision the get the headlights off of the steering arms and start making a new steering arm that will not only have the tie rod in axis with the spindle, it'll also be high enough to correct the steering rod angle.

Once the new arm is fabbed and in place I can start making new headlight mounting off the frame that will put the lights low enough that the steering arm can go over top of the headlight on the drivers side.

Comment

• Made the thing today.

Correct pitman arm and steering rod on order:

Comment

• Cool, needs a couple speed holes

Comment

Working...
                                X