Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
    I love that your buying parts for a car that's over 5000 miles away, talk about a proper project/adventure, the idea of bringing the car home with you is awesome, now its certainly one you could never sell.
    Man I am so pumped I cant even explain it also figuring out some other bits to do on the side maybe my own blog to better document the trip and I have a friend who does automotive illustrations who may be doing a rendering for the e30, may print some stickers and tops to sell and all proceeds can go into the beer fund! The e36 made the greatest sacrifice but I feel like what it has helped to fund is well worth it.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Thats awesome that this is coming together, when you do you think you will be in the Atlanta area?

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
        Thats awesome that this is coming together, when you do you think you will be in the Atlanta area?
        honestly its all coming together, cant believe its the start of next month we touch down in San Fran to start this adventure!! i am so excited and so nervous at the same time.

the dates for Georgia are 6th November to 14th November. we will be spending 6th - 9th in Atlanta i believe

anything going on during these dates, and also what can i expect the weather to be like too?
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
          honestly its all coming together, cant believe its the start of next month we touch down in San Fran to start this adventure!! i am so excited and so nervous at the same time.

the dates for Georgia are 6th November to 14th November. we will be spending 6th - 9th in Atlanta i believe

anything going on during these dates, and also what can i expect the weather to be like too?
          Probably not too much going on and I doubt I would be able to make it up to atlanta during the work week. The weather will probably be high 50's to mid 70's.

Comment

So, where do we put in requests for the EDM parts that we would like brought over?
            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              So, where do we put in requests for the EDM parts that we would like brought over?
              That list is far too lengthy, my friend. One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
              2 328i e36's
              Saabaru linear 2.5na
              Various projects.
              sigpic
              Intro;
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
                That's a genius idea. Use a 3rd party location as host until both parts are received and then send out to their respective locations. It could include more than just US/Europe. The host/company could take use a flat fee or something of the sorts to keep itself in business and we'd all benefit.

I'm actually going to start working on this.

Comment

Obviously it would either be a small markup on part price (say, 15%?) Or a shipping fee which would be greater than the shipping cost. The reason it works out so well for big companies is they have the space to store things for months at a time. Easier to find an established shipping company willing to hold parts for a fee than to establish something new.
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;

Comment

what you need man i can always find bits and send them over not a problem i actually send a ton of bits already to people in the states who contact me via Instagram

That list is far too lengthy, my friend. One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
                    won't lie to you, i am actually in the process of something like this. Part of my trip is meeting up with some people in America who is also looking to come on board on shipping larger items such as cars. But regardless if you need or want anything i can ship it over.

That's a genius idea. Use a 3rd party location as host until both parts are received and then send out to their respective locations. It could include more than just US/Europe. The host/company could take use a flat fee or something of the sorts to keep itself in business and we'd all benefit.

I'm actually going to start working on this.
                    yes sir sounds perfect to me! i am in! ive mentioned above its already something that i have been looking into but have not really been able to commit to much time to it recently due to the wedding and then planning this trip all my times been used up!
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                      won't lie to you, i am actually in the process of something like this. Part of my trip is meeting up with some people in America who is also looking to come on board on shipping larger items such as cars. But regardless if you need or want anything i can ship it over.
                      My family already ships vehicles overseas. Usually to the Middle East but we average around 4-5 cars a month.

Comment

My family already ships vehicles overseas. Usually to the Middle East but we average around 4-5 cars a month.
                        What kind of vehicles would they possibly want that they can't get?
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;

Comment

American vehicles. But also there are lots of vehicles they didn't get i see quite a few clean e30s get sent out there too amongst other cars.
                          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

American vehicles aren't necessarily any better than vehicles they can get, just must be the look they're going for? Or power?
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;

Comment

The vehicle's available in different markets allow for different options/configurations. 90% of vehicles we sell and ship are within 3/4 years old and current models.

Comment

3 weeks till we leave England!!!

and i am getting excited and nervous all at the same time.

but CSBolger on here sent some seat belt buckles as the ones that was on the seats had facelift and the car is a pre-facelift so had pre-facelift belts. for those none-the-wiser (like me a few weeks ago) the facelift belt buckles wont fit pre-facelift belts. but pre-facelift belt buckles fit facelift and pre-facelift belts. I dont know i am confused now just by writing that. but short story is we have working seat belts!!!

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

FUCK YEAH!!

also, Steve gave the car a much needed clean as it was disgusting!

damn i forgot how high your e30's are as standard. shittttt

gave the interior a good clean whilst the seats were out to fit the buckles too. I am super glad he gave the interior a good clean, this is actually the first thing i do when i buy a new car is to get all the previous owners grime out the inside of the car, i don't understand how disgusting some people can leave there cars on the inside!

and some next to his e36 Dinan M3. I am bringing him some UK bits over for his 36.

also, need to fit the e30 IS front lip when i get there.

I do have 2x new front "fenders" in white but they are currently situated down at CSBolgers place near LA so wont be getting them till week 3 of the trip.
                                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                                X