Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyRa View Post
    So, where do we put in requests for the EDM parts that we would like brought over?
    That list is far too lengthy, my friend. One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Quote Originally Posted by Quillhill36 View Post
    One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
    That's a genius idea. Use a 3rd party location as host until both parts are received and then send out to their respective locations. It could include more than just US/Europe. The host/company could take use a flat fee or something of the sorts to keep itself in business and we'd all benefit.

I'm actually going to start working on this.
    Instagram: @Eurow

Obviously it would either be a small markup on part price (say, 15%?) Or a shipping fee which would be greater than the shipping cost. The reason it works out so well for big companies is they have the space to store things for months at a time. Easier to find an established shipping company willing to hold parts for a fee than to establish something new.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

So, where do we put in requests for the EDM parts that we would like brought over?
    what you need man i can always find bits and send them over not a problem i actually send a ton of bits already to people in the states who contact me via Instagram

That list is far too lengthy, my friend. One of us needs to come up with a euro-us swap site where us car nerds can send parts back and forth haha.
    won't lie to you, i am actually in the process of something like this. Part of my trip is meeting up with some people in America who is also looking to come on board on shipping larger items such as cars. But regardless if you need or want anything i can ship it over.

That's a genius idea. Use a 3rd party location as host until both parts are received and then send out to their respective locations. It could include more than just US/Europe. The host/company could take use a flat fee or something of the sorts to keep itself in business and we'd all benefit.

I'm actually going to start working on this.
    yes sir sounds perfect to me! i am in! ive mentioned above its already something that i have been looking into but have not really been able to commit to much time to it recently due to the wedding and then planning this trip all my times been used up!
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Quote Originally Posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
    won't lie to you, i am actually in the process of something like this. Part of my trip is meeting up with some people in America who is also looking to come on board on shipping larger items such as cars. But regardless if you need or want anything i can ship it over.
    My family already ships vehicles overseas. Usually to the Middle East but we average around 4-5 cars a month.

My family already ships vehicles overseas. Usually to the Middle East but we average around 4-5 cars a month.
    What kind of vehicles would they possibly want that they can't get?
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

American vehicles. But also there are lots of vehicles they didn't get i see quite a few clean e30s get sent out there too amongst other cars.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

American vehicles aren't necessarily any better than vehicles they can get, just must be the look they're going for? Or power?
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

The vehicle's available in different markets allow for different options/configurations. 90% of vehicles we sell and ship are within 3/4 years old and current models.

3 weeks till we leave England!!!

and i am getting excited and nervous all at the same time.

but CSBolger on here sent some seat belt buckles as the ones that was on the seats had facelift and the car is a pre-facelift so had pre-facelift belts. for those none-the-wiser (like me a few weeks ago) the facelift belt buckles wont fit pre-facelift belts. but pre-facelift belt buckles fit facelift and pre-facelift belts. I dont know i am confused now just by writing that. but short story is we have working seat belts!!!

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

FUCK YEAH!!

also, Steve gave the car a much needed clean as it was disgusting!

damn i forgot how high your e30's are as standard. shittttt

gave the interior a good clean whilst the seats were out to fit the buckles too. I am super glad he gave the interior a good clean, this is actually the first thing i do when i buy a new car is to get all the previous owners grime out the inside of the car, i don't understand how disgusting some people can leave there cars on the inside!

and some next to his e36 Dinan M3. I am bringing him some UK bits over for his 36.

also, need to fit the e30 IS front lip when i get there.

I do have 2x new front "fenders" in white but they are currently situated down at CSBolgers place near LA so wont be getting them till week 3 of the trip.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Can't wait to give that thing a little makeover when it gets down here!

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Following this.

Still think it's a shame you guys won't see Boston. Such a historical place. The freedom trail is awesome. Aquarium too haha.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

Quote Originally Posted by CSBolger View Post
    Can't wait to give that thing a little makeover when it gets down here!
    Man I full on cant wait either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barongan View Post
    following this
    Quote Originally Posted by Datyellowe36 View Post
    Following this.
    Cheers boys

Still think it's a shame you guys won't see Boston. Such a historical place. The freedom trail is awesome. Aquarium too haha.
    We actually changed the end of the route. We are flying home from Boston now! Will be start of December and fucking cold.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Little bit of update, does anyone even like or enjoy the massive stock 4 spoke steering wheel that comes in these?

I managed to pick up a Momo steering wheel type v35. build date is September 88 so is period correct for the car which i really like, plus it was only 33GBP!

I also have new boots coming from Matt at 2m so should tidy up the interior a little, trying to find one of them dash covers to hide the horrifically cracked dash.

Last edited by Benwalsh91; 08-19-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

So jealous of this man, is one of my dream!

Keep us update

So, started packing last night. Was i meant to bring clothes or just car parts?

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Clothes are for women LOL

The e30 is starting out nicely, I'll be following what looks like it'll be the first itinerant build thread ever haha

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Still in for updates! just added you to my insta.

Put me on the list of folks when you get to the atlanta area

So happy this is coming to fruition for you man. Excited to see this is coming together. Bring me some engine risers, I'll need some

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Quote Originally Posted by duct-tape View Post

Thanks man!! and i will do.

Quote Originally Posted by fackinsteve View Post
    So happy this is coming to fruition for you man. Excited to see this is coming together. Bring me some engine risers, I'll need some
    haha yes i am so excited now, think its around 11 days and we fly out. CRAZY!! i have actually put 4 sets (iirc) in my bag to bring with me. i shall keep a pair for you sir.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Quote Originally Posted by duct-tape View Post

Thanks man!! and i will do.

Quote Originally Posted by fackinsteve View Post
    haha yes i am so excited now, think its around 11 days and we fly out. CRAZY!! i have actually put 4 sets (iirc) in my bag to bring with me. i shall keep a pair for you sir.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Getting close, man. Too bad I'm all the way up in Maine, won't be catching up with you on this trip. At least you'll get to experience awful New England roads in the winter. If you guys get bored of Mass, new hampshire has a massive mall and no taxes. If you get REALLY bored you can come up to Maine and hit Sugarloaf (legendary skiing) and then Rangeley and rent a snowmobile and there are endless trails one of which brings you to the place I work in the summer, Quill hill. 360 scenic view. Can see literally everything
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

Wow! What a nice journey! There was a part of a story about that in Heisenberg Show, by the way. Cool and funny! It motivated me to do the same!

Cant believe we leave for this adventure on Wednesday!! just a few more days left in the UK and to ensure everything is ready.

some kind person donated a genuine factory early model e30 head unit for the car too!!
    I have a really good Bluetooth speaker I am bringing because god only knows the condition of the speakers in the car, I mean there was more than likely a reason for the PO to remove a headunit and just have a blanking plate in there but I love originality and would much rather have the headunit in the dash rather than just a blank.

Really got so many parts now stock piled up to fit when I get there on Wednesday evening, but I am sure most will wait till I get to CSBolgers place in LA in a couple weeks.

Matt from 2M Shift-Boots sent over some 318is fabric boots that he makes, he said this was the last of the fabric so I thought I would get them to mix up the sea of black, I was thinking of m rain but I just couldn't resist these!!

That was a photo Matt took and sent to me, I have no idea what he is watching on the laptop!!
    Last edited by Benwalsh91; 08-31-2018 at 06:01 AM.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91