No announcement yet.

Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than 2 months to go and I'm starting to get super excited for this, still need some bits doing to it which i will update on here as things get done.

a shot from the front, wouldn't mind a blank for the front bumper where the plate used to be, any links or suggestions on where i can get them from?

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Most people just cut a section of rear bumper trim to fit the gap.

I've got some 325e parts and I'll be heading to a few junkyards in a week or two. Drop me a PM with anything specific you may need.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
        Most people just cut a section of rear bumper trim to fit the gap.

I've got some 325e parts and I'll be heading to a few junkyards in a week or two. Drop me a PM with anything specific you may need.
        Perfect!! thanks man, i have a spare bumper that came with the car so if there is trim i will see if my friend can make a piece to fit. I have bought a couple bits here in England to bring with me or ship across before i get there such as a set of Bosch smiley euro lights and euro grills, also got my buddy matt from 2Mshiftboots making me some boots for the inside as the current ones are a bit shitty.

The seat belt buckles won't clip the belt in place which i think is odd, it has a pair of Covertible front sport seats but from the research i have done this should not affect anything at all and i think its a bit odd that both the front buckles are not working, have you ever heard of this? but i need a pair of them, a pair of front black floor mats and i would like a dash carpet matt thing as the dash is cracked to fuck!!! If you find a white coupe down at the junk yard i do need a few body panels too, i don't want to ask to much as i feel like i am taking the piss a little!!
        Last edited by Benwalsh91; 07-10-2018, 09:23 AM.
        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

So a little update on the car itself...

We have all the same colour panels now thanks to some amazing people for helping me out!!

So on the drivers side the front fender looked like it collided with someones skull at some point...

And the passenger side was part jewish racing gold and the other part faded white...

Managed to snag a white door local to where the car is near Sacramento for $60!! has glass and the electric window reg too.

And a massing thank you to the one and only CSBolger on this forum for picking up a pair of white fenders also for a steal of a price.

So we are getting there. to be honest not much else will be done with the car in terms of making it look presentable, i mainly just wanted to sort out the passenger side but the fact we found a pair of white fenders is good as the drivers side does have a huge dent in it.

also locally back here in England i managed to grab a pair of Euro Smileys and Euro grills

undecided if i am going to take them across with me and fit them during the trip or just wait till i get home and fit them then.
          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Bring them to the trip!
            Bring them to the trip!

Comment

you better make a damn movie out of this.

Comment

It's almost ten years since Rusty crossed the country. Maybe a SW feature of the trip is in order...

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
                  you better make a damn movie out of this.
                  oh god I don't know if I can deal with that pressure, I got 2x gopros and a canon 750d.

We decided to leave the drone at home (not that I have ever used it) as it is just to big to take with us as luggage and I don't think it will fit in the trunk with all our cases and I wouldn't want it left on the back seats on show.

It's almost ten years since Rusty crossed the country. Maybe a SW feature of the trip is in order...
                  oh hell yeah I think they should but I am unsure if my photography is up to par! And as its Stanceworks maybe they want to give me some coils or something
                  Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Still planning the trip, getting super excited now as its about 5 weeks away till we fly. been getting some stuff for the car and to bring with us. still need some misc bits for the e30 but I got this today to help record some of the adventure!!

and picture taken from the internet to see how it will look mounted.

Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

That mount is sick! I may have to get one for canyon runs.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

That mount is sick! I may have to get one for canyon runs.
                        It is super cool the quality is amazing but that’s to be expected being BMW.

As far as I am aware they are not available for the American market. I will shoot you over the part numbers if you want to take a look. If not I can bring another set with me for you!!
                        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Don't know if I need an OEM one that badly.

I just cross-referenced E30 buckles and they're the same on E28s and E23s among other things. I saw two at the yard, so I'll grab them next time I go out.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Very cool, something I've always wanted to do since my travelling to the US has been completely limited to the two coasts.

Did you have a hard time thinking about the route? I know I'd have a hard time since there are so many options and so many places to stop by.

The BDC GARAGE / Audi Q5 STLTHPRJKT / Audi A4 APR stg3+ / Porsche 964 C4 airride / Aircooled Dpt
                            www.bdcfamilia.com | facebook.com/bdcfamilia | @BDCFAMILIA (Instagram)

Comment

Don't know if I need an OEM one that badly.

I just cross-referenced E30 buckles and they're the same on E28s and E23s among other things. I saw two at the yard, so I'll grab them next time I go out.
                              thank you for grabbing the buckles for me!! honesty, so grateful.

i tested out the BMW gopro mount and i am really unimpressed, there was so much wobble and shake when playing the recording back.

Originally posted by mikebagel View Post
                              Very cool, something I've always wanted to do since my travelling to the US has been completely limited to the two coasts.

Did you have a hard time thinking about the route? I know I'd have a hard time since there are so many options and so many places to stop by.
                              If i am honest the route wasnt to bad we had a base plan with the route and then just went from there, was adding spots and points of interests in (mainly food places and roads) and just went from there. used a really good site called roadtrippers.com
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

I love that your buying parts for a car that's over 5000 miles away, talk about a proper project/adventure, the idea of bringing the car home with you is awesome, now its certainly one you could never sell.
                                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Working...
                                X