No announcement yet.

Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop #25 looks to be San Antonio, I'm up for a meet if you're free then. Also, what's your budget for the car?
    Mercedes:
    93' 190E Sportline
    80' 450SEL 6.9
    67' 250SE

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
      Hey, the wife and I are in to meet up with you guys in ATL, keep in touch!
      AWESOME!! I will do man.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      You might not be too far from me passing through the lower part of pa on the map, nothing a drive for me cant fix
      I am sure I will be able to head up for a day trip to see you man!!

Originally posted by GTShunter View Post
      stop #25 looks to be San Antonio, I'm up for a meet if you're free then. Also, what's your budget for the car?
      yeah we are indeed found quite a few nice things to do in San Antonio, it looks like such a beautiful place!!

the budget for the car is around $3,500-$3,000. but, I would need it to be at the start of the journey around San Francisco.
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

CA Tuned is in Sacramento, just a few hours from SF. Might be a good idea to talk to Igor and see if he can find a nice e30 within your budget.

When you get down to LA, go to Neptune's Net in Malibu. That's where they did the "more than you can afford, pal" scene in the first Fast & Furious. Hit Mulholland Drive from there. Also Hwy 2, aka Angel's Crest is a fantastic drive. Definitely go to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA, and pay the little bit extra for the tour of the basement, its worth it. The original Cars & Coffee happens every Saturday morning in San Clemente from 9-11:30, it's a bit of a drive south of LA but very much worth going to if you have time. Looks like you'll be heading through Palm Springs on your way out of CA, try to swing through Joshua Tree and the Salton Sea if you can.

It's a bit out of your way later on your drive, but I'd suggest going to Chattanooga and Nashville if at all possible. I miss both of those cities a lot.
        Last edited by theseeker411; 06-26-2018, 09:58 PM.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

thank you for the links!!

I actually found quite a nice white e28 all original and very clean going to have that checked out potentially this weekend. I just really want a 30. but I am unsure if I will get anything decent or worthy of doing a cross country trip in my price range.

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
          CA Tuned is in Sacramento, just a few hours from SF. Might be a good idea to talk to Igor and see if he can find a nice e30 within your budget.

When you get down to LA, go to Neptune's Net in Malibu. That's where they did the "more than you can afford, pal" scene in the first Fast & Furious. Hit Mulholland Drive from there. Also Hwy 2, aka Angel's Crest is a fantastic drive. Definitely go to the Petersen Automotive Museum in LA, and pay the little bit extra for the tour of the basement, its worth it. The original Cars & Coffee happens every Saturday morning in San Clemente from 9-11:30, it's a bit of a drive south of LA but very much worth going to if you have time. Looks like you'll be heading through Palm Springs on your way out of CA, try to swing through Joshua Tree and the Salton Sea if you can.

It's a bit out of your way later on your drive, but I'd suggest going to Chattanooga and Nashville if at all possible. I miss both of those cities a lot.
          thank you so much for the suggestions I ill certainly check all them out!!

I have actually been speaking to Igor via emails about sourcing a car, or even if I find a car and send it up to him for them to do a health check and tune up on the vehicle for my trip so also glad others have recommended him.

Chattanooga and Nashville is on our route I may have added them in since I posted that photo. last year when I went to "sowo" or whatever its called now I done a day trip out to do the dragon and Chattanooga and 100% got to go back there, not only are the roads amazing but its just such a gorgeous part of the country.
          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

This is cool af! In for updates on your trip bud!

Comment

WE MAY HAVE A CAR!!!

I find out later today, its a little rough around the edges aesthetically but its had a ton of recent maintenance work which is most important for the trip.

I can get a few bits to tidy it up before I leave also maybe bring over some euro specific parts that wasn't offered on the USA version. Or keep my eyes on CL whilst I go across the country and if I see anything I want or like which will tidy up the car I can always collect it.

Man, I am excited now.

its mid 80s and its basically a shoebox on wheels.
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Exciting stuff! I'll be close-ish to you at stop 41 and the end of your trip, would love to meet up.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give ya my phone number!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyrin View Post
                  Exciting stuff! I'll be close-ish to you at stop 41 and the end of your trip, would love to meet up.

PM me if you're interested and I'll give ya my phone number!

Yes definitely man!!!
                  Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Also, we have a car!! My friend picked it up for us today. Will update with pictures and information on it
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

So my good friend who lives between San Francisco and Sacramento went and picked up a little e30 for me, early model 325e manual.

its a bit rough on the outside but mechanically shes a peach which is actually exactly what I wanted.

its had all the coolant system overhauled new timing belt and a tune up and a load of other bits.

came with a front valance (not fitted) and a few other parts included sport leather front seats in a reasonable condition. Dash is cracked to hell but that's to be expected being a Cali car, I am going to try and find one of them dash carpets and if anyone has any bits going let me know. It does have that missing door card in the photos just wasn't fitted and something hit the passenger side meaning the passenger front fender and door are Bronzit, not white but I am going to keep my eyes pealed on CL whilst I go across the country and try and hunt down some white ones I can collect and fit on my route.

so I guess this is a little about the pre-trip build for the car. Any suggestions welcome!!

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

Last edited by Benwalsh91; 07-02-2018, 10:25 AM.
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

This is awesome, I'm tuned in.
                        @issa_shu - @issa_yas

Comment

very jealous, enjoy!

Comment

check the cali bmw facebook groups. maybe even call the local BMWCCA guy, theres a lot of people sitting on parts.

as for mods, buy some sound deadening for that door and possibly under the carpet. after about 20 hours in the car, you'll be grateful. I wouldnt lower it before the road trip, the under draft actually improves MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
                              check the cali bmw facebook groups. maybe even call the local BMWCCA guy, theres a lot of people sitting on parts.

as for mods, buy some sound deadening for that door and possibly under the carpet. after about 20 hours in the car, you'll be grateful. I wouldnt lower it before the road trip, the under draft actually improves MPG.
                              thanks man I will look into this, the downside is I don't have facebook which makes finding bits kinda tricky.

I believe the longest drive from point to point on our entire route is around 5 hours and we will be stopping off to see bits on route too but I will have that door sound deadened, the carpet has some sound deadening in it already, its kinda make shift but it appears to work.

I would love to find a BMWCCA badge for the front grill!!
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                              X