No announcement yet.

usdm jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love those older Lexuses (Lexusi?), how's the build going? I've read on prothesiswriter.com they are pretty reliable, especially powertrain, but it's still an old car so something can go wrong at any time.
    Last edited by FKemp; 01-04-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

wheels are not fully refurbished and arent the final color٫ but after grabbing these rare specd barrels٫ the combo with the faces are a little too positive and ultimately hit the strut. To remedy that٫ i had to get 25mm spacers all the way around. The fronts ended up looking BEAUTIFUL٫ and still surprisingly tame albeit the decent stretch on the tire. The front is a very aggressive and meaty look but those haven't even been changed to the new barrels yet so im reluctant to see how they fit after.

I've been neglecting the Lexus solely because its hard to find parts for and takes a little more ingenuity...so I've been keeping myself busy with my daily racer project.
      It'll most likely end up on or and 16x8 slips but it keeps me satisfied while the Lexus is down...plus 10 psi in a sub 2500 lb car is....addicting. Its a 2000 protege es (lightweight gen) with a Mazdaspeed ecu٫ manifold٫ turbo and a few more mods.
      Last edited by audobon; 01-06-2021, 04:13 PM.
      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
      @thewheeluminati

Comment

Originally posted by FKemp View Post
        Love those older Lexuses (Lexusi?), how's the build going? I've read on prothesiswriter.com they are pretty reliable, especially powertrain, but it's still an old car so something can go wrong at any time.
        its going just fine٫ just posted some recent pictures just waiting on the rest of the parts to finish up this 5MT swap and ill be back on road! Its definitely been a favorite of mine for a good while٫ although im diving head first into this with little to no guidance I've learned alot and have been told by several people that this could easily see 350k+ if tended to correctly. I upgraded all the problem areas of the 2VZFE engine just have to do a custom headers to exhaust setup.
        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
        @thewheeluminati

Comment

So happy to hear that you found a 5 speed swap for the Lexus, that's going to be super sick. There were technically ES250s that left the factory with a 5 speed but they are rarer than hen's teeth. Did you get your swap parts of a Lexus or a Camry?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
            So happy to hear that you found a 5 speed swap for the Lexus, that's going to be super sick. There were technically ES250s that left the factory with a 5 speed but they are rarer than hen's teeth. Did you get your swap parts of a Lexus or a Camry?
            Yeah, wish I could find one of them but they happen to either be in the PNW area or Bay Area California...I’m in Texas so I haven’t had any luck so I did the next best thing.

Uh, camry v6 trans, es250 mt ecu, it’s a hodgepodge of parts really but I’m definitely pumped to get it done, I’m sure just the oddity of it will add a little more value to my car. I got faith in this being sought after once people find out more about them.
            WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
            @thewheeluminati

Comment

been super slow with EVERYTHING that involves this car but finally threw the 8s on this car, it’s a reserved yet aggressive stance, I’m pumped to get this thing back on “the road” which really just means a hundred or so miles until it becomes a trailer queen.

sorrynotsorry

by the way, does anybody know how rare 80s-90s SSR wheels are in 5x100? I’m beginning to collect them and find a lot of people that want the more exotic styles that SSR produced, have trouble hunting these things down.
              Last edited by audobon; 04-21-2021, 01:33 PM.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

five speeds in
                still getting the fitment dialed in, unfortunately pulled my fenders to look good on SPACERS but now that I got a little more sense, and am tired of rubbing…I took the spacers off and now my fitment is sunk - threw some project kics 5mm on to get it JUST right but rather not have spacers at all.
                been through crazy problems, axles, shifter cable snapping, a bunch of stuff…but I’m excited to see my idea keep coming to fruition.
                WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                @thewheeluminati

Comment

Working...
                X