Thread: usdm jam

Default usdm jam

So after scrapping my semi built swapped stanced turboed hyundai accent project after 7 years of sheer pain and torment, I finally came across the car I've wanted for about three same amount of time.

Its a three owner, 1991 Lexus Es250, bought it for pretty damn cheap in its original two-tone White / Silver paint scheme which will always be a classic in my opinion.

Interior was maybe a 9/10, and the outside 8/10.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Pictures not showing up for me...for image links to parse properly I think you need [img] ...example... [/img] if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe I'm just having viewing troubles on my end.

No pictures are showing up, might want to host them on Flickr or something similar.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    No pictures are showing up, might want to host them on Flickr or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemernut View Post
    Pictures not showing up for me...for image links to parse properly I think you need [img] ...example... [/img] if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe I'm just having viewing troubles on my end.
    I guess the website I've used in the past no longer works in here. Not sure what happened but finally pictures are showing up...heres the thing im doing.

always odd, always different, always fresh thats just my style...just didnt have a clever name for this build thread.

Really wanted to make this into like a tiny version of one of those crazy demon cambered vip cars but after seeing how tame a x9 +24 is..i dont want to spend the money on x11s +0 lips. I was going to go with 16x9 Work Equips but can only imagine how small they would have looked to me, definitely ready to "kill the game" this year.....
    Last edited by audobon; 06-29-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

so after two years
    two headgaskets
    five thousand headaches
    gecko racing coilovers
    a nardi gara 3 and nardi cruise horn
    with a set of vienna kreis later

I get this

Last edited by audobon; 01-11-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

got a long way to go, but its running, axles are now broken though and i belive im getting some coilover clicking/clunking, not sure. I'll be back though.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Installed my favorite mod so far, $14 autozone micro mast antenna. Crappy factory antenna was broken and ugly, but this one flows so well with the body lines.

17X8.5 +31
    17X9 +29
    Last edited by audobon; 07-06-2020 at 07:07 AM. Reason: addition
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Whats going on with the trunk lid?

Quote Originally Posted by zoo View Post
    Whats going on with the trunk lid?
    out of everything you could have commented on lol, but nah its a factory defect amongst the model that was never fixed due to low sales and short production run.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

currently.....

autophagtic transmission blew, partially my fault for not catching the leak from the trans cooler hose.

but have been doing a bunch of preventative maintenance prior to the fuggin tragedy that is my car.

trying to finish this car by September as a 30th birthday present to myself. Ordered some super duper rare 100PCD5 16” SSR MK-iiR & 15” SSR NEO EXC MESH.

will be stepping both up to 17s as well, fun times will be had.
    Last edited by audobon; 04-18-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

ssr mk2'r get here from japan end of this month, so its much excite, although they are 16x7 and i have no tires on hand for them and honestly dont know if i even want 16s but there is just something about a nice square 16x10 setup on a old japanese car.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

16X7 +38 F/R
    Wasnt too pleased with my ride height with the viennas on٫ so i sourced some super rare 5x100 ssr mkiir. The reddish orange pops so much ٫ but stock interior is dark blue leather with dark wood. Cant wait to get these redone and widened.
    Last edited by audobon; 01-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

came up on some 16x8 / 16x9 SSR HIRO BARRELS the faces fit but having to do a little bit of tweaking(ruining) to the barrels to fit the valve stems and etc.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

i get some major shakotan vibes. please continue!

Instagram: @half_lung

Quote Originally Posted by scweet14 View Post
    i get some major shakotan vibes. please continue!
    Drawing inspiration from that era wheel wise, but other than that, look at it more as period correct 80s-90s Southern California vibes. Just found a complete 5 speed swap for it too, I’m juiced.
    Last edited by audobon; 10-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Love those older Lexuses (Lexusi?), how's the build going? I've read on prothesiswriter.com they are pretty reliable, especially powertrain, but it's still an old car so something can go wrong at any time.
    Last edited by FKemp; 01-04-2021 at 09:45 PM.

wheels are not fully refurbished and arent the final color٫ but after grabbing these rare specd barrels٫ the combo with the faces are a little too positive and ultimately hit the strut. To remedy that٫ i had to get 25mm spacers all the way around. The fronts ended up looking BEAUTIFUL٫ and still surprisingly tame albeit the decent stretch on the tire. The front is a very aggressive and meaty look but those haven't even been changed to the new barrels yet so im reluctant to see how they fit after.

I've been neglecting the Lexus solely because its hard to find parts for and takes a little more ingenuity...so I've been keeping myself busy with my daily racer project.
    It'll most likely end up on or and 16x8 slips but it keeps me satisfied while the Lexus is down...plus 10 psi in a sub 2500 lb car is....addicting. Its a 2000 protege es (lightweight gen) with a Mazdaspeed ecu٫ manifold٫ turbo and a few more mods.
    Last edited by audobon; 01-06-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Quote Originally Posted by FKemp View Post
    Love those older Lexuses (Lexusi?), how's the build going? I've read on prothesiswriter.com they are pretty reliable, especially powertrain, but it's still an old car so something can go wrong at any time.
    its going just fine٫ just posted some recent pictures just waiting on the rest of the parts to finish up this 5MT swap and ill be back on road! Its definitely been a favorite of mine for a good while٫ although im diving head first into this with little to no guidance I've learned alot and have been told by several people that this could easily see 350k+ if tended to correctly. I upgraded all the problem areas of the 2VZFE engine just have to do a custom headers to exhaust setup.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

So happy to hear that you found a 5 speed swap for the Lexus, that's going to be super sick. There were technically ES250s that left the factory with a 5 speed but they are rarer than hen's teeth. Did you get your swap parts of a Lexus or a Camry?

Quote Originally Posted by BozoBubble View Post
    So happy to hear that you found a 5 speed swap for the Lexus, that's going to be super sick. There were technically ES250s that left the factory with a 5 speed but they are rarer than hen's teeth. Did you get your swap parts of a Lexus or a Camry?
    Yeah, wish I could find one of them but they happen to either be in the PNW area or Bay Area California...I’m in Texas so I haven’t had any luck so I did the next best thing.

Uh, camry v6 trans, es250 mt ecu, it’s a hodgepodge of parts really but I’m definitely pumped to get it done, I’m sure just the oddity of it will add a little more value to my car. I got faith in this being sought after once people find out more about them.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

been super slow with EVERYTHING that involves this car but finally threw the 8s on this car, it’s a reserved yet aggressive stance, I’m pumped to get this thing back on “the road” which really just means a hundred or so miles until it becomes a trailer queen.

sorrynotsorry

by the way, does anybody know how rare 80s-90s SSR wheels are in 5x100? I’m beginning to collect them and find a lot of people that want the more exotic styles that SSR produced, have trouble hunting these things down.
    Last edited by audobon; 04-21-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati